deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

CD Projekt RED is promising the team has not been viewing the consoles as second-rate platforms. In fact, they’re getting “first-class” treatment, according to one developer.

In an interview with Wccftech, UI Coordinator Alvin Liu addressed whether the team is facing optimization challenges when running Cyberpunk 2077 on “lower-end hardware.” Liu’s responded as follows,

Actually no, we have a very custom engine, the RED Engine. And actually, we’re targeting consoles as first class platforms and it looks amazing there. So obviously, if you spent, you know, $2,000 building your PC rig, it’s going to look better on that. But the graphics are quite amazing for what you’re going to get from Cyberpunk 2077 on consoles and low-end PCs.

Cyberpunk will get first-class treatment by CD Project Red on consoles!

Rejoice console players!

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

Oh, this is good news. I kinda expected it, though; it's just CDPR's style.

Still, good to have confirmation.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

I remember The Witcher 3 did not run all that well on the base PS4 and it needed a few patches.

Hopefully it will be 1080p and 30FPS on the base console (PS4 at least, I doubt it would be for Xbox One S, probably going to be 720p with dynamic resolution).

I expect it to be 4K checkerboard dynamic resolution at 30FPS on the Pro and maybe if I am lucky native 4K dynamic resolution at 30FPS on the X. Or 1080p and 60FPS as an option for the Pro and the X.

I think this is sort of the standard we can expect. And there will be frame-drops for all the consoles, but the X will fare the best.

Only the lucky PC owners who have a decent rig will get 4K60FPS.

I think I have watched too many Digital Foundry videos.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

After currently playing witcher 3 I have faith cd projekt red will deliver. From what I've seen of the world it looks a cut above anything this year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Congratulation for all console gamers around the world and this is coming from a PC gamer :)

But really, Cyberpunk 2077 will look good regardless what platform you play it on, I'm very hype for Cyberpunk 2077 myself and as a matter in fact, I already pre-order it on GoG.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Because it's like Deus Ex (to me) I consider playing it on P.C. as my primary choice. Not to brag about my rig like someone with insecurities; that just isn't why I have that option.

It's because the Deus Ex experience cannot be replicated well on a controller, and fits mouse and keyboard best. And believe me I've tried a few of the console ports, Deus Ex on PS2 was not a joyful experience.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

Because it's like Deus Ex (to me) I consider playing it on P.C. as my primary choice. Not to brag about my rig like someone with insecurities; that just isn't why I have that option.

It's because the Deus Ex experience cannot be replicated well on a controller, and fits mouse and keyboard best. And believe me I've tried a few of the console ports, Deus Ex on PS2 was not a joyful experience.

Both Xbox One & PS4 now supports KB/M which is great for more options but I seen Xbox One does it well though. But still, both support KB/M and it's not just playing Deus-Ex it's the problem, it's basically an issue playing FPS with a controller unless it's a console exclusive, I'll live with a controller.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

I was going to wait and get it on PS5.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#9 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

@davillain-: I never really think of Deus Ex as a FPS, despite the perspective. It's an RPG first, and if anything a stealth simulator second. I assume that's how Cyber Punk will play from what I've seen.

Perhaps an unwanted comparison. But it looks to me the people making Cyber Punk are Deus Ex fans, and want to make a Deus Ex-like game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: I always wanted a successor to Deus-Ex for a long time and Cyberpunk 2077 seems like it'll be it. I like the series but Human Revolution was my favorite the most. Invisible War is still classic.