deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Making this here because this thread is just about playing the game, not the frame rate or sales or backlash or comparison videos or tech specs etc.

If you're playing the game, talk about your experiences here. Discussing glitches and bugs is fine too.

I'm playing on Xbox One X until I can secure a Series X. 8 or so hours in I've only experienced a few non-critical bugs and one that was really bad to where I had to reset. Resolution is good on my 4K set, and the game runs about like you'd expect on a console.

My playthrough is with a gun expert with a minor in hacking skills. Found a glitch where you can obtain some kind of rare print and sell it to item boxes for $4000 a pop, then re-buy it at $5. You just find the locations of these sell boxes and sell until they're out of money, then move on to the next one lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

I only played a few hours on my Series X. So I don't really have a formed opinion but... For the little I did the shooting seemed really solid and the driving slightly better than I was expecting.

But I'm going to wait for some updates before going back.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Dat Panam is some thicc stuff boi! After all I done for her, she shuts me down cold. Guess it's 'cause I'm just a lowly street kid. :'(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Spoke too soon. She was just playing it slow and finally came around. We did the dirty inside a boss tank. :)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

I'm enjoying it.

Unlike The Witcher 3, I'm finding Cyberpunk 2077 to be good in short spurts. Which is good, because there are a lot of games I want to play right now, so 30 or so minutes at a time to chip away at the story, or just screw around with random encounters and side stuff is perfect.

Combat is not amazing, but then again I wasn't expecting it. What I was expecting and hoping for was a good RPG, with a great environment, cool characters, and a lot of stuff to do....and I got exactly that.

Playing a "cyber ninja" or whatever, going mostly bladed weapons. Katana, then knife, now I found some legendary mantis blades but I haven't tried them out yet.

I'm liking for over-sexualization of things, I mean it's really out of control hahaha. Not sure if humanity is heading in that direction but oh well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

The ai is total shit. I was in this mission where corpo goons show up in cars and a fire fight starts. I step outside of the area the battle is scripted for (the gate must be the line they recognize) and the enemy is like five feet away from me but can't see me. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14811 Posts

The game looks hilarious. I'll pick it up when it's dirt cheap.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm loving it so far.

The best part IMO is you can approach things with an immersive sim mentality - each little run (unless scripted to go a certain way of course) can go down Rambo, stealth, leet hacker, or some melange (which is usually how it goes down for me).

As mrbojangles said, I like that it is good in spurts too. I've actually been playing hours at a time, but the fact that it breaks down into more bite-sized narrative and gameplay segments gives you more control over the overall gameplay loop. What I mean is everything you choose to do is a reasonable commitment, which lets you take breathers, do some side gigs of a different sort, manage your systems... each quest isn't this massive slog that locks you away from the rest of the world for an age

My biggest issue so far is the AI, as others mentioned. You'll aid cops, then they thank you and you get a reward... and then they attack you for illegal activity. In hostile situations stealth will also inexplicably not work sometimes - you'll enter a room with deactivated cameras but BAM you're in combat, they know you are there, and that's that. Deal with it :-p

They gotta patch the AI up.

Still, it might sound odd after such complaints but this is the game I was looking for. I'm super addicted. It's got a mix of what I loved from Shadowrun, TW3, and Fallout (and many of the quirks too ;-) )

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-628e6669daebe

Subnautica and Cyberpunk. Two wonderful broken games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

After completing a side quest story of helping this band of misfits out in the desert, I found this amazing car in a cave out in the middle of nowhere. Super fast, high end, high tech super car. Once I got inside it said I owned it. Does like 200 mph and zero to sixty in like 3 seconds.

@xantufrog said:

I'm loving it so far.

The best part IMO is you can approach things with an immersive sim mentality - each little run (unless scripted to go a certain way of course) can go down Rambo, stealth, leet hacker, or some melange (which is usually how it goes down for me).

As mrbojangles said, I like that it is good in spurts too. I've actually been playing hours at a time, but the fact that it breaks down into more bite-sized narrative and gameplay segments gives you more control over the overall gameplay loop. What I mean is everything you choose to do is a reasonable commitment, which lets you take breathers, do some side gigs of a different sort, manage your systems... each quest isn't this massive slog that locks you away from the rest of the world for an age

My biggest issue so far is the AI, as others mentioned. You'll aid cops, then they thank you and you get a reward... and then they attack you for illegal activity. In hostile situations stealth will also inexplicably not work sometimes - you'll enter a room with deactivated cameras but BAM you're in combat, they know you are there, and that's that. Deal with it :-p

They gotta patch the AI up.

Still, it might sound odd after such complaints but this is the game I was looking for. I'm super addicted. It's got a mix of what I loved from Shadowrun, TW3, and Fallout (and many of the quirks too ;-) )

Same thing happened to me when I was rescuing some dude from raiders. Was told to go in all stealthy (against my will) so I had to comply, for the love of my dear Panam. Was doing fine until I hit the control room. Took a guy down and hid the body, then I was working on some hacks at the control panel and some punk walks in and things go to hell.

Even with all its problems though, it's still easily the best game of the year, as far as I'm concerned.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

I did my V as a mage, and I pretty much become Thanos at level 14 or 16 is it when you get legendary hacks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

@zaryia said:

I did my V as a mage, and I pretty much become Thanos at level 14 or 16 is it when you get legendary hacks.

Seriously? I didn't even consider that kind of playstyle, usually just hacker or samurai or ninja.

What did you put points into stat-wise, and what perks or whatever? I was going to make my second playthrough a corpo hacker-type, like really snobby intellectual that is weak at traditional combat, but amazing with hacking and stuff.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zaryia

@mrbojangles25 said:
@zaryia said:

Seriously? I didn't even consider that kind of playstyle, usually just hacker or samurai or ninja.

What did you put points into stat-wise, and what perks or whatever? I was going to make my second playthrough a corpo hacker-type, like really snobby intellectual that is weak at traditional combat, but amazing with hacking and stuff.

Just 20 INT and most perks from the 2 trees in it. Crafting with the legendary quickhack perk (perks to craft those are in INT not TECH) and critical error perk very important.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/khospt/quickhacks_are_literal_cheat_codes_to_winning_the/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

I finally understand part of the big picture, and where Johnny is coming from, and who the girl is from the original game art we saw around a decade ago, and how she relates to everything. Good stuff.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

Cyberpunk fails as an open world action game and it fails as a role playing game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@Fairmonkey: Bet you can use that title for a 4h YouTube essay about Cyberpunk that 23 people would watch.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

It's....good so far. Just got past the iguana bit on the nomad storyline and my save file is a bit over 12 MB, so the whole 8 mb save corruption thing was a lie, since I haven't had time to play much of the game or even craft anything and mine's already over 12 MB.

Haven't come onto any glitches either, so CDPR must have really hauled tail on those hot-fixes if the glitches where really as bad as people where saying.

I'm playing on the PS4 Pro, BTW. In case you where wondering. With Super sampling on.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia

@blazepanzer24 said:

It's....good so far. Just got past the iguana bit on the nomad storyline and my save file is a bit over 12 MB, so the whole 8 mb save corruption thing was a lie, since I haven't had time to play much of the game or even craft anything and mine's already over 12 MB.

Haven't come onto any glitches either, so CDPR must have really hauled tail on those hot-fixes if the glitches where really as bad as people where saying.

I'm playing on the PS4 Pro, BTW. In case you where wondering. With Super sampling on.

The save file thing is a PC thing.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

@zaryia said:
@blazepanzer24 said:

The save file thing is a PC thing.

Really? I heard it was across all platforms... kind of feel a bit bad now.

Though now I'm curious as to why the PS4 save file is so much larger than the PC save file. Relatively speaking of course.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Beat it. Skipped a lot of content just to see one of the endings. Despite the glitches it's a solid game. Giving it a 8/10 and if it was more polished it would easily be a 9/10 game.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Being that I should be receiving it tonight as a gift my philosophy is simple: Play it for a bit and if it isn't enjoyable on the XSX I'll sell it.

While I won't lie and claim I am super pumped to play it, it does look fun and it looks as if it will pass a great deal of time during the boring month of January.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Some good news they released a hot fix 1.06 yesterday

it's for PC and consoles Here is the full list of changes:

Quests

• Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict.

Console-specific

• Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes.

PC-specific

• Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1854 Posts

Story is okay. If you’re looking for this to be the next generation of open world though, you’re going to be severely disappointed. Because of that, I can honestly say this is not going to be Witcher 3 where people are still playing it years after beating it.

mt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mt47
Member since 2020 • 6 Posts

I played this game until the end of act 1.

I'm really sorry for cd Projekt red.

they lied to us for 8 years with fake words and trailers.

I never like this game because it isn't the same that they told us.

anyway, I think it's not a good game.

Chxnce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chxnce
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

I don't really like game

They needed 3 or 4 more years to make it good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff5fc0b0509f
deactivated-5ff5fc0b0509f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ff5fc0b0509f
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

its an awsome game but needed a lot of time to work on it by devs to make it playable and enjoyable