Could you imagine if our favourite games actually had unfound things?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

It came to me today. Here is an example (none of what I am going to say about Tomb Raider II is real, it's just an idea):

Tomb Raider II - A super-secret room in the Temple of Xian that nobody has EVER found. To get there, you would have to go to a secret room which is inside another secret room, which then leads to ANOTHER secret room and finally... a super-secret room. Obviously, by now it would have been found, but it would be a crazy thing to experience. Basically, the developers would have had to have created a secret room that is pretty much impossible to find (you would have to get to the first secret room by something silly such as walk to a corner that is made out of two blocks (as the original Tomb Raider's were) but you have to press the action button 10 times for it to let you walk through the wall basically. So it could lead to a MASSIVE dark room with about 5 T-Rex's in there. Might sound like a silly challenge to take on, but it "wasn't meant" to be found anyway :P.

Another example could be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I know the Bigfoot thing is all fake, but imagine if it was actually true and somebody really did see it (the first person to say the idea). But there was just a crazy thing you had to do which he never realised he did. Or even just an hidden island after you fly to Liberty City that you can actually access if you used an in-game cheat to spawn an helicopter and fly a certain direction for a LONG time.

These are just two little examples of games that could have "unfound" things. It is probably very unlikely, but who knows? there may actually be a game out there that nobody (or not many) people know about a secret of some sort... it would be amazing to discover something in an early Tomb Raider game like an entrance to a secret level or something, heh :).

What do you guys think of this? is it possible for a popular game to still have something that nobody knows about, or maybe you have some awesome ideas that would be interesting to read, such as the Tomb Raider one? :)

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

That would be pretty sweet. I've thought of this before too. IfI was a game designerI would want to put something like that in just to see if anyone ever found it so who knows it might have been done before and we just don't know about it.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Batman: Arkham Asylum did that with the Warden's secret room.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Batman: Arkham Asylum did that with the Warden's secret room.MAILER_DAEMON
[spoiler] You mean with Clayface. [/spoiler]
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MAILER_DAEMON
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Batman: Arkham Asylum did that with the Warden's secret room.BranKetra
[spoiler] You mean with Clayface. [/spoiler]

What does he have to do with what I mentioned? :? I know what "Easter Egg" you're talking about, but it made it pretty clear who he was there. The secret room is a completely different thing.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 branketra
It's been a while since I played it. I would probably remember if I saw the room since I got everything. At least, I think I did. That was just the first thing that came to mind.
theSteeeeels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 theSteeeeels
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts
imagine in red dead redemption ride you horse for 24 hours in a row and be granted with a new unicorn, faster and more tame than any other horse
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MAILER_DAEMON
It's been a while since I played it. I would probably remember if I saw the room since I got everything. At least, I think I did. That was just the first thing that came to mind. BranKetra
So you found the... [spoiler] blueprints for Arkham City? [/spoiler]
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 branketra
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]It's been a while since I played it. I would probably remember if I saw the room since I got everything. At least, I think I did. That was just the first thing that came to mind. MAILER_DAEMON
So you found the... [spoiler] blueprints for Arkham City? [/spoiler]

This is new. I didn't find that. Maybe it was part of an update. I got the game around the time it came out and haven't played it since. Then again, maybe I just missed it.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MAILER_DAEMON
For what it's worth, everyone missed it. It was a super-secret easter egg that doesn't show up on any map or detective mode, and once info about Arkham City came out, Rocksteady spilled the beans. Scour the interwebs; it's actually pretty neat.
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Mewi
Member since 2006 • 386 Posts

I know of multiple games like that

But the first one that comes to mind is...

*semi spoiler*

Final Fantasy 6 in all those hidden rooms/stairs chests that are impossible to see and a walk mini quest in the level to the esper world.

oh and final fantasy 8's similar mini quest where you walk around randomly on the map mashing a button lol

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

That would be pretty sweet. I've thought of this before too. IfI was a game designerI would want to put something like that in just to see if anyone ever found it so who knows it might have been done before and we just don't know about it.

0diN_7

Hopefully game developers read this thread then, eh? :P and it really would be awesome :) I can't think of a better game to do it in than Tomb Raider, actually. Although, the old Metal Gear Solids and Resident Evils could be pretty sweet too. I never knew that about Batman: Arkham Asylum either.
imagine in red dead redemption ride you horse for 24 hours in a row and be granted with a new unicorn, faster and more tame than any other horsetheSteeeeels
Yeah! actually there must be something like that :P. Maybe we should try it, heh. Maybe not ride it for 24 hours, but sit on the horse for that long. Or even, use a rubber band trick to make the horse keep moving slowly for an entire day!

z50macdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 z50macdaddy
Member since 2010 • 498 Posts

In Left 4 Dead 2, at The Parish, on the jukebox was Still Alive from Portal

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Don't get me started on that Sonic 2 level. I forget the specifics, but there was a secret level you could get to druing the "oil" stage. Spent hours looking with my cousin. Turns out it wasn't in the US version, apparently.

planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts
if cow level from Diablo 2 was real?
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

if you own a copy of tes II daggerfall on CD its actually got mroe on it than the digital download freeware version.. bethseda took the time to snip out all the extra stuff that didnt have time to finish..

if you own said disc copy and dig hard enough you can find a few cutscnes some are jsut.. bizarre.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
People still haven't given up hope of finding some sort of item combination that will bring Aeris back to life in FFVII. Some resilient nerds have been appointed with the divine task to pursue and verify every rumor that ever spread about this subject, such as collecting 99 items for each kind, playing the whole game without equipping anything or stealing a supersecret item from the Weapons with a 0,00001% success rate. The quest goes on
Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Drakan11
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts
Shadow of the Colossus had a search for something hidden for years. I did my fair share of searching the game as well. Mainly people were trying to find a way to the top of the massive temple where the game starts off (the very top, not the garden area), but also things like leaving the forbidden lands or trying to get to doorways. There are several symbols throughout the game that seem like they should mean something as well. There are actually 4 different symbols that people figured out resembled over the top drawings of locations in the game. Unfortunately nothing was ever found.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 branketra
Shadow of the Colossus had a search for something hidden for years. I did my fair share of searching the game as well. Mainly people were trying to find a way to the top of the massive temple where the game starts off (the very top, not the garden area), but also things like leaving the forbidden lands or trying to get to doorways. There are several symbols throughout the game that seem like they should mean something as well. There are actually 4 different symbols that people figured out resembled over the top drawings of locations in the game. Unfortunately nothing was ever found. Drakan11
The top of the temple is easy. Just have a high grip meter. The others are more difficult.
Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Drakan11
THE top. Not the garden.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 branketra
If there isn't anywhere to grip, I don't see what the big deal is.
Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Drakan11
I don't see what point you are making. This thread is about hidden things in games. People were looking for a hidden way to the top of the temple. If there was an obvious place to grip and climb up, it wouldn't be much of a secret. The idea was there was something we could do in the game that would open up a way to the top, such as shining the light on a certain symbol or taking the torch that you get from one colossus battle and using it somewhere or opening a doorway in the underground shrine that looks like it may lead to underneath the main temple.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 branketra

I don't see what point you are making. This thread is about hidden things in games. People were looking for a hidden way to the top of the temple. If there was an obvious place to grip and climb up, it wouldn't be much of a secret. Drakan11
Climbing is incorporated into the game in an obvious way. You're right. It would defeat the purpose of a secret if it were so obvious. I guess I'm so focused on the fundamental mechanics of the game because I searched high and low for secrets. All I found were time trials and some lizard tails that increased stamina. Well, the garden, too.

The idea was there was something we could do in the game that would open up a way to the top, such as shining the light on a certain symbol or taking the torch that you get from one colossus battle and using it somewhere or opening a doorway in the underground shrine that looks like it may lead to underneath the main temple.
When you put it that way, it might be possible that there are more secrets, but... There is one thing that bothers me. What torch are you talking about?

Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Drakan11

The 11th colossus you get a stick and light it on fire, and then you scare it off the cliff. I think somebody tried leaving the area with the stick but didn't discover any other use for it.

And I didn't mean to sound like there might be any more secrets in the game. Those were just a few thingsthat wereattempted, but nothing ever worked. It pretty much has been determined that nothing is left to find in the game legitimately. A few people who play it on a computer through an emulator have glitched there way to a few areas though.

Here is a thread all about it: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2267051?start=0&tstart=0

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 branketra

The 11th colossus you get a stick and light it on fire, and then you scare it off the cliff. I think somebody tried leaving the area with the stick but didn't discover any other use for it.

Drakan11
Right. Now I remember. It was a smaller one. Still bigger than the main character, though. It's been a while since I played that game. Also, thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
Gamefan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gamefan1986
Member since 2005 • 1325 Posts

This reminds me about all the famous glitches and hidden things in Zelda OoT back in the day like aquiring the Triforce, being able to walk around inside the light temple, and dozens of other things that were left over from previous versions of the game.

DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
You'd be surprised. http://www.tcrf.net/
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Wasn't there a secret room, in Chrono Trigger, where you could talk to the men behind the game? I think one of them even spoke of a possible sequel, which did happen (just not what I exactly wanted though).

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 branketra

Wasn't there a secret room, in Chrono Trigger, where you could talk to the men behind the game? I think one of them even spoke of a possible sequel, which did happen (just not what I exactly wanted though).

Metamania
Yeah, I found that. I forgot how to do it...
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MAILER_DAEMON

Metamania
Yup, the Programmer's Ending, where you beat Lavos in a New Game + before you travel through time for the first time. In the DS version, it can also happen if you beat Lavos in the Ocean Palace and create the mother of all paradoxes. Chrono Cross had a Programmer's Ending as well, but I just can't get interested enough to replay it.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Like the playable masterhand in SSB:B found after 5 years

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#32 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Sometimes there are secrets that never get found.

In the N64 version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy, there is an Ultimate Kombat Kode that went undocumented until a couple of years ago.

In Twisted Metal 2, there is supposedly a way to give Sweet Too a different version of his special. Instead of bounding, it Spirals, like Darktooth's version of it does. The way to make it happen is still unreported.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

This reminds me about all the famous glitches and hidden things in Zelda OoT back in the day like aquiring the Triforce, being able to walk around inside the light temple, and dozens of other things that were left over from previous versions of the game.

Gamefan1986

This was what I was thinking. There were so many unfounded rumors about being able to acquire the other pieces of the Triforce.

It was funny because while playing I managed to glitch Epona into walking up in the sky, but when I tried telling everyone in the chatrooms and forums, no one would believe me (the days before cheap digital cameras and camera phones hehe).

Avatar image for just_nonplussed
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#34 just_nonplussed
Member since 2006 • 4130 Posts

great ideas. :-) i would looove things like these in games. there should be more crazy easter eggs that developers hide. and then maybe a year after launch, someone finds it! and posts a video on the internet. and people are like.. (!) shocked.

did you know that the game 'adventure' for the atari 2600 was the first video game to try something like this? skip to 9:20 to see. the designer hid his name in the game to prove he worked on it. atari back in the day didn't like that designers attached their name to games the studio put out. and this spurred many easter eggs in games over the years.

but your ideas are cool. unfortunately i think it won't happen much because game designers are not the most adventurous types, and far too rational-minded. it would have to be done in secret like warren robbinet did with adventure.

just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 just_nonplussed

[QUOTE="Gamefan1986"]

Enid_Green

This was what I was thinking. There were so many unfounded rumors about being able to acquire the other pieces of the Triforce.

It was funny because while playing I managed to glitch Epona into walking up in the sky, but when I tried telling everyone in the chatrooms and forums, no one would believe me (the days before cheap digital cameras and camera phones hehe).

in shadow of the colossus sometimes you can find your horse, agro, dead. just dead and floating in the sky. and you can still ride her.
just_nonplussed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 just_nonplussed
imagine in red dead redemption ride you horse for 24 hours in a row and be granted with a new unicorn, faster and more tame than any other horsetheSteeeeels
that's a cool idea. i totally think that these sorts of things should be hidden in games, but hidden in a way that players can work them out by using the logic of the game rather than by sheer brute force. but they should be super secret. unfortunately in this era of the internet, secrets are revealed very easily. but looking through this thread i guess quite a few modern games still have some interesting hidden stuff. shadow of the colossus especially.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

MAILER_DAEMON

Yup, the Programmer's Ending, where you beat Lavos in a New Game + before you travel through time for the first time. In the DS version, it can also happen if you beat Lavos in the Ocean Palace and create the mother of all paradoxes. Chrono Cross had a Programmer's Ending as well, but I just can't get interested enough to replay it.

Man, I swear, I'll have to pick up a DS or even better, a 3DS just to play Chrono Trigger on that version. I wonder what else they changed in that game.

And thank you for reminding me how to get there. I remember playing CT when it first came out and I did everything I could to hunt down everything that was to offer in the game, including that ending. That was a real treat to go through! :)

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MAILER_DAEMON

Man, I swear, I'll have to pick up a DS or even better, a 3DS just to play Chrono Trigger on that version. I wonder what else they changed in that game.

And thank you for reminding me how to get there. I remember playing CT when it first came out and I did everything I could to hunt down everything that was to offer in the game, including that ending. That was a real treat to go through! :)

Metamania
1. Cleaned-up translation.

2. All PS1 content, including anime cutscenes (you have the option to play with or without them showing up as you play the game).

3. Optional touch screen interface + splitting battle/map info across two screens, or just keeping it to one like the original.

4. Monster training and battling arena in End of Time that can net some new + exclusive items. I've left out specifics for the next three, as they contain info about the new story content. Minor spoilers ahead [spoiler] 5. Lost Sanctums in 65,000,000 BC and 600 AD, completely optional but a way to get some new items. Sort of a self-contained story within the game about a group of Reptites that survived away from humanity. Good weapons/armor to be found here.

6. Dimensional Vortexes in 12,000 BC, 1000 AD, and 2300 AD available in completed file or New Game +. Some new story revelations here to help connect Trigger with Cross better.

7. Completion of the Dimensional Vortexes unlocks a new warp in the End of Time, on the other side lies a completely new boss for the game and an all-new ending. A picture of the boss itself I am placing in the next spoiler, if you choose to click it. [/spoiler] MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD [spoiler]

The Dream Devourer. This battle happens in the Darkness Beyond Time, though it is known in this game as Time's Eclipse. [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
deactivated-5c23908d36a7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5c23908d36a7f
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

I've read in an OXM that Gears 3 will feature a S*** load of easter eggs. Some, taking "At least a year to find".

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]Man, I swear, I'll have to pick up a DS or even better, a 3DS just to play Chrono Trigger on that version. I wonder what else they changed in that game.

MAILER_DAEMON

1. Cleaned-up translation.

2. All PS1 content, including anime cutscenes (you have the option to play with or without them showing up as you play the game).

3. Optional touch screen interface + splitting battle/map info across two screens, or just keeping it to one like the original.

Interesting stuff! I didn't read the spoilers, since I wish to know what's going to happen as I go through the game all over again, but it sounds like an experience that's worth the time!