Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I think by far this is the best addition to the game they have made

The amount of detail you can get into to making a themepark, zoo, community park, nature park is really a huge deal on this DLC

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines---parklife/CSCS00ESK0000021-MASTER.html

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Oh.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9406 Posts

Yeah it's a great DLC from what I've heard. Looking forward to trying it this weekend.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58368 Posts

@tryit said:

I think by far this is the best addition to the game they have made

The amount of detail you can get into to making a themepark, zoo, community park, nature park is really a huge deal on this DLC

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/cities-skylines---parklife/CSCS00ESK0000021-MASTER.html

Damn, another great DLC for arguably the greatest city builder since SimCity 4.

These folks keep crushing it. Love this game, I have like 500+ hours in it haha.

@jackamomo said:

Oh.

I know, I was speechless too, at first.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jackamomo

Could it possibly be as exciting as the Green Cities dlc? I can't see how.

How to beat this game again? Is it when you have filled the map with arcologies and built a rocket to Alpha Centauri or something?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25

@jackamomo said:

How to beat this game again? Is it when you have filled the map with arcologies and built a rocket to Alpha Centauri or something?

you don't beat it, that's the best part :D

The Green update was cool, I'm more partial to the Transportation one, myself, so many more options with that one imo.

Not a big fan of vegans and hippies, either :P

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TryIt
@jackamomo said:

you cant 'beat the game' in any game I play.

anyway, Park Life is by far the best DLC they have done (in my opinion) Green Cities DLC is ok.

glad to see though that you are so knowledgeable about a game you dont like, must be hard finding games you enjoy if you are to invest the time researching this one.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jackamomo

@tryit: glad to see though that you are so knowledgeable about a game you dont like, must be hard finding games you enjoy if you are to invest the time researching this one.

I actually have watching about a billion hours of Sips playing this game. I bought it cheap for like £6 but still haven't got round to rebuilding my pc so I can play games again and it's been years now.

I have a broken ass macbook thanks to a dodgy repair and still trying to figure out how to get my money back through the courts for a repair that cost exactly what a new one costs (mid 2010).

I think I prefer Cities in Motion (same developer because transport games interest me.)

However, all the above games pale in comparison to Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe, which is free.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TryIt
@jackamomo said:

@tryit: glad to see though that you are so knowledgeable about a game you dont like, must be hard finding games you enjoy if you are to invest the time researching this one.

I actually have watching about a billion hours of Sips playing this game. I bought it cheap for like £6 but still haven't got round to rebuilding my pc so I can play games again and it's been years now.

I have a broken ass macbook thanks to a dodgy repair and still trying to figure out how to get my money back through the courts for a repair that cost exactly what a new one costs (mid 2010).

I think I prefer Cities in Motion (same developer because transport games interest me.)

However, all the above games pale in comparison to Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe, which is free.

you play a game you do not like?

what the F?

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jackamomo

@tryit: you play a game you do not like?

No I don't. Where did I say that?

My PC is broken if my GeForce GTX from 10 years ago would play it anyway.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TryIt
@jackamomo said:

@tryit: you play a game you do not like?

No I don't. Where did I say that?

My PC is broken if my GeForce GTX from 10 years ago would play it anyway.

who plays a game for endless hours who says this about the said game:

those do not read like the words of a person who is enjoying themselves.

is that sarcasm? are you upset that you can not beat the game? what do you mean by the question 'ho to beat this game again'?

why are you asknig that question? lets start there

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jackamomo

@tryit:

I actually have watching about a billion hours of Sips playing this game

Admittedly not the most well crafted sentence ever.

What I was trying to say was that I have watched a youtuber (called Sips) play it alot.

I couldn't play it even if I wanted to because of the lack of pc things I mentioned earlier. I actually tried to load it onto my trashed macbook and it took about 15 minutes just to get enough frames to pass so I could quit the game again. lolz.

Honestly, you were right to spot, I was in fact making a glib comment about un-completable games and their inherent value but that is a topic for another day.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TryIt
@jackamomo said:

@tryit:

I actually have watching about a billion hours of Sips playing this game

Admittedly not the most well crafted sentence ever.

What I was trying to say was that I have watched a youtuber (called Sips) play it alot.

I couldn't play it even if I wanted to because of the lack of pc things I mentioned earlier. I actually tried to load it onto my trashed macbook and it took about 15 minutes just to get enough frames to pass so I could quit the game again. lolz.

Honestly, you were right to spot, I was in fact making a glib comment about un-completable games and their inherent value but that is a topic for another day.

that doesnt remotely affect my point.

just replace 'play' with 'watch' in everything i said.

why do you watch for hours a game you would say the following about:

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jackamomo

It's relaxing like watching the relax channel there used to be with footage of jellyfish and bubbles and things. In fact. I listen to Sips more than I watch the footage. It serves the same purpose as talk radio really.

I'm really only asking a question, not making a point.

I assume there are scenarios in Cities Skylines.

There is a risk of the game becoming boring though inherent to all sandbox games with no win condition.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25

@jackamomo said:

It's relaxing like watching the relax channel there used to be with footage of jellyfish and bubbles and things. In fact. I listen to Sips more than I watch the footage. It serves the same purpose as talk radio really.

I'm really only asking a question, not making a point.

I assume there are scenarios in Cities Skylines.

There is a risk of the game becoming boring though inherent to all sandbox games with no win condition.

There's only a risk if you lack creativity, ambition, and so forth. It's like giving someone art supplies and a blank canvas: some people will look at it and shrug and walk away, not knowing what to do; others will paint something really quick in a vain attempt to "give it a try" and give up; while others will spend hours upon hours crafting something amazing only to cover it all up and try again because it wasn't good enough.

I probably spend the most amount of my time gaming on city builders and the like; games like Anno 2070, Cities: Skylines, Factorio, and so forth. They're not the best games, or even the most "fun", but they are by far the most entertaining games to me. They're a really great outlet for your mind and a time killer, I often feel like I have actually accomplished something when I'm done playing one of these games, like I didn't just waste my time.

As far as I know, I don't think Cities: Skylines has scenarios, but I haven't really looked for them because...why? Generally, the scenarios in games like this are more like tutorials or teasers, only showing you components of the game while withholding the bigger picture.