BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BlueArchan
Member since 2018 • 117 Posts

I have the complete edition disc which says frozen wilds included.

So i have ended the base game and completed the shaman's path quest and then saved the game. I met ouera at the cut while doing the shaman's path quest then visited the day tower and the grave hoard area but i couldnt find the NPCs to start with.

What on earth am i doing wrong to start up the frozen wilds?!

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Mentioning what game it is might actually help.

It's Horizon Zero Dawn, in case anyone was wondering.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Try finding any of these people:

• Yariki: North of the Grave Hoard is where you can find her. This is just south of The Cut, the new DLC area.
  • Rhavid: Southeast of Meridian along the border of the forest and the city.
  • Ohtur: At Daytower, the fort between the mountains and the desert.

Here's a link to IGN with some videos if you need any further help finding them

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlueArchan

@SoNin360: i tried all that but no luck they just dont appear at the mentioned places.

I already mentioned this in the topic.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BlueArchan

@Black_Knight_00: Well.. Those who dont know what Frozen Wilds is.. Its useless for them to comment here anyways..

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@bluearchan said:

@Black_Knight_00: Well.. Those who dont know what Frozen Wilds is.. Its useless for them to comment here anyways..

There could be more than one game with an area called Frozen Wilds. There was a DLC area in Dark Souls 2 that was called almost the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

I started that at level 30, never heard of this issue.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SoNin360
@bluearchan said:

@SoNin360: i tried all that but no luck they just dont appear at the mentioned places.

I already mentioned this in the topic.

I wasn't sure if you tried all of them but I guess I didn't read carefully either way. I dunno what else to tell you, you're obviously far enough in the game to where you should be able to find one of those NPCs and start the quest. You have the complete edition, so you should be seeing something about the Frozen Wilds on the main menu assuming you have the right disc. I don't think the patches are relevant. At this point the only thing I can think of is re-installing the game or checking the exact locations the map shows again.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlueArchan

@Black_Knight_00: Alright. So thanks for the clarification earlier.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlueArchan

@SoNin360: there is nothing on the main menu except for the background picture which says frozen wilds included.

Ok i think i shall consider reinstalling the game. Would that erase my save data files?

But also i think reinstalling may not turn out to be a workable option.

I searched on the net some say u need to turnoff the ps4 and restart it. I had no luck in that too...

I will need some refined answers but do post whatever you guys think should solve the issue.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlueArchan

@SoNin360: I tried to reinstall the game. But nothing happened. It was all the same.

Is shamans path a part of frozen wilds? I was convinced that i might have already started the frozen wilds but shamans path is a side quest right? So i am sure i havent started the frozen wilds yet because there is still the looming shadows main quest waiting for me to complete Again. Plus last time i was standing right in front of the gravehoard but on the map it doesnt show any symbols for bunker for gravehoard.

And still no NPCs anywhere.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SoNin360
@bluearchan said:

@SoNin360: I tried to reinstall the game. But nothing happened. It was all the same.

Is shamans path a part of frozen wilds? I was convinced that i might have already started the frozen wilds but shamans path is a side quest right? So i am sure i havent started the frozen wilds yet because there is still the looming shadows main quest waiting for me to complete Again. Plus last time i was standing right in front of the gravehoard but on the map it doesnt show any symbols for bunker for gravehoard.

And still no NPCs anywhere.

Shaman's Path is a Frozen Wilds quest. All Frozen Wilds quests show up as side quests or errands. So it sounds like you already started it. You get to the new area by climbing some mountains near Gravehoard, I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the symbol for its location, but I'm not sure if that even matters. Should be a campfire right by where you're supposed to climb up.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlueArchan

@SoNin360: but i imagine it starts with a convo between Alloy and that guy i even forgot his name sylense, as she climbs up the area surrounding the grave hoard she talks to him. None of that happened.

So this is something new for me that frozen wilds does not appear as main quest. Ok then let me explore further.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Frozen wilds is simply added area on the map.

You can access the added area at any point during the game, simply by travelling north and then climbing a new path you find there.

There are no level restrictions, but I'd not try go there before level 20, because the monsters and missions there are really tough.

But the key points is, once you have the frozen wilds installed, you can reach that added area on the map at any point of the game by travelling there on foot. Its not locked in any way.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlueArchan

@henrythefifth: so i went to the cut when i was at level 22 may be. Does that nean i have already started it just like Sonin360 said?

I think i did.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlueArchan

@sonin360

@henrythefifth

Hey guys. Problem solved. Thanks to both of you for clarifying and i dont know who to give the credit for the best answer because comments from both of you actually helped when combined.

Turned out that i already started frozen wilds way before ending the base game, yes way before judging from the fact that i got this shamans path quest hours before the ending. I have no idea why the gravehoard isnt appearing on the map neither the NPCs but i have now frozen wild quests appearing one by one.

Thanks again!

I have one more question.

Frozen wilds is not a continuation from the ending of horizon zero dawn in any way? I mean the ending that we have as of yet is sylense standing infront of that big machine with those red lights of curroption in his hands right? There is no prgress to that in frozen wilds right?

Umm.. No spoilers please.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SoNin360

@bluearchan: No, Frozen Wilds is part of the game's open world and since it can be completed before you finish the main story, it's in no way a continuation of it. The game places you right before the events of the final quest once you beat it, so technically there's no way to play Frozen Wilds after the final story mission.

If anything, it gives some insight to a few aspects of the main game's story, but nothing huge.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 henrythefifth

@bluearchan said:

@sonin360

@henrythefifth

Hey guys. Problem solved. Thanks to both of you for clarifying and i dont know who to give the credit for the best answer because comments from both of you actually helped when combined.

Turned out that i already started frozen wilds way before ending the base game, yes way before judging from the fact that i got this shamans path quest hours before the ending. I have no idea why the gravehoard isnt appearing on the map neither the NPCs but i have now frozen wild quests appearing one by one.

Thanks again!

I have one more question.

Frozen wilds is not a continuation from the ending of horizon zero dawn in any way? I mean the ending that we have as of yet is sylense standing infront of that big machine with those red lights of curroption in his hands right? There is no prgress to that in frozen wilds right?

Umm.. No spoilers please.

Frozen Wilds storyline works really well along the main story of the base game. And really adds to it too. I think it will be important part of HZD2 too, when they make the sequel.

I would suggest playing thru all the missions and stories in the Frozen Wilds area before you go and finish the main game.

The game ends when the main storyline ends, you see.

After that you can either start a NG+ or go back to earlier checkpoint...

But yeah. Do all the Frozen Wilds stuff and all the side missions on the main map before finishing the main storyline which, as I said will end the game.

Personally I found the storylines in the Frozen Wilds to be more interesting and moving than the ones on the main map! Breathtaking stuff, really!

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlueArchan

@henrythefifth: I agree! Frozen wilds is getting interesting and there is a lot of interesting weapons and monsters too.

Thanks for the clarification again.

Since the engine has been developed and PS5 is under construction, and seeing the game has already sold 7.6 million copies. Sequel of this exclusive must be planned for release on PS5. Otherwise there would already have been reports on the part 2 but to my knowledge as of yet there arent any.

Well awesome game! And its totally worth replaying with ur expertise top notch.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 henrythefifth

@bluearchan said:

@henrythefifth: I agree! Frozen wilds is getting interesting and there is a lot of interesting weapons and monsters too.

Thanks for the clarification again.

Since the engine has been developed and PS5 is under construction, and seeing the game has already sold 7.6 million copies. Sequel of this exclusive must be planned for release on PS5. Otherwise there would already have been reports on the part 2 but to my knowledge as of yet there arent any.

Well awesome game! And its totally worth replaying with ur expertise top notch.

I think they did announce the sequel some time ago, for PS5.

But yeah, HZD is my fave game on this gen consoles, along with AC Origins. Both games are pure fun from start to finish.

BlueArchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlueArchan

@henrythefifth: i have never played an AC game before. I guess i shall buy AC origins on your recommendation.

Thanks.