Can Bioware redeem itself with Dragon Age Inquisition?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I gotta say, Inquisitions is looking pretty sweet so far and looks like it will give Witcher 3 a run for it's money. Granted, the Skyrim rip off of the navigational bar at the top is a bit tacky, everything else is looking pretty good. I'll still wait for reviews before purchase, as this would be my first Dragon Age experience. Your thoughts?

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

I think the franchise is quite redeemable, the time of development alone plus what we have seen so far makes me look at DA:II as an investment for this to happen.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

Well they don't have to redeem themselves to me as I thoroughly enjoyed both DA:O and DA2. Inquisitions look great.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Ill give it a shot but I think the peak of bioware has been over for quite awhile. The last 3 or 4 games they have made have been noteably inferior to everything they had done previously. Ever since they merged with EA their overall quality has declined. Mass effect 3, dragons age 2, and star wars kotor mmo have all been easily the worst in each of those 3 separate series that they used excel at before.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i highly doubt it, i've been reading a lot of dragon age inquisition and it seems they didn't learn from dragon age 2. Hopefully i'm wrong.

pboontap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pboontap
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

i'd like to think so but i don't. as said above they've peaked. my god they could not even actually make kotor 3, that should tell you everything you need to know about where they are headed. and i'm not hopeful after seeing the trailers for this, doesn't even look very open world-y to me. however i'll bet a donut that we get multiplayer in da:i. hooray.

the talent and soul have left bioware in short and they have burned all the goodwill i had with them

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I am playing Dragon age for the first time (I know im late to the party) and im really enjoying it.

Really looking forward to Dragon age Inquistion. Probably a day 1 buy for me. I feel bioware doesn't have to redeem themselves, though I haven't played Dragon age 2 yet. They gave me mass effect 1-3 so I have nothing bad to say about them.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@Gargus said:

Ill give it a shot but I think the peak of bioware has been over for quite awhile. The last 3 or 4 games they have made have been noteably inferior to everything they had done previously. Ever since they merged with EA their overall quality has declined. Mass effect 3, dragons age 2, and star wars kotor mmo have all been easily the worst in each of those 3 separate series that they used excel at before.

qft

This man speaks with much wisdom. The name Bioware used to get me as giddy as a schoolgirl, now I just want them to die.

And DA..........I bought the DA:O disc with all the DLC on it. It was basically MMO combat where you can pause time to give to tell each of your guys what to do because it's only single player. MMO's are fine IF YOU'RE PLAYING THEM WITH OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!!! I quickly lost patience with it after about 40 hours. I think I lasted about the same with the even more hideous DA2. I think the DA universe holds a lot of potential, but I'll be impressed if Biowaste does anything with it.

Question: There have been 4 blights already. 4? 4!!!!!!! You'd think the Grey Wardens would have everyone's support?

EA subsidiary trash!!!!!

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

The last two posts illustrate my point. People will have to give the game a chance and not be stupid like, 'Oh it's EA the game will suck.' Expect a positive jump from DA 2 to DA 3 like ME 2 to ME 3.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Not possible with EA as their publisher.

Bioware is done like every other company ea has purchased

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This Hate against EA has gotta stop. They're a good Publisher and have done right by Mass Effect. As for Dragon Age.... Well, you have no one to blame but Bioware and only Bioware.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

as a guy who understands kotor and masseffect: do I let the greatness of mass effect 1 slide while allowing the stupidity of mass 2 to wash me clean?

nope. bioware is congrats ulated for being an action rpg developer. Bethesda will beat them day in and day out. bioware is like a childs run at learning what makes them breath.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ udUbdaWgz1

Whenever RPGs are brought up, things like Gameplay, Quality Assurance and sometimes even common sense go right out the window.

I can't say TES and Fallout 3 are bad RPGs, they are definately Bad games .and Bethesda are definately bad video game developers.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 udUbdaWgz1

@Lulu_Lulu:

and, when I think of non-rpg's I recognize that they will, not, allow intelligent gameplay and customization to follow. you know I am a simple lad: halo is a perfect example: it is so great that I as a rpg guy overlook its shortcoming. games like halo, doom (Riddick) need nothing. I don't have to do a thing to prove that halo is one of the best games ever created:single player-wise.

one can try,but, halo and games likemass1 and kotor (and, I hate it compared to too 2:)) and,say, what was that game? oh, yea: the one with single player tackec on that lasted about 6 hrs? I just can't think of what to call modern warfare, um, oops...

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By udUbdaWgz1

bioware is my child's gamer. my idiot conscious. I have dragon age:origins and I'm hoping that bioware will prove they aren't the worst writer in the history of gaming.

pboontap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pboontap
Member since 2006 • 140 Posts

i disagree lulu, mass effect went from a pretty darn cool rpg in the first one to battelfield in space by 3. and i can't help but believe that ea was a big part of that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ udUbdaWgz1

Well yeah but when a non-RPG have unintelligent gameplay, they suffer.

RPGs can skim on gameplay, like Skyrim and Mass Effect 1, and still score big.

Bethesda is the biggest culprit.

The reason is because the genre is extremely idealistic, and heavily influenced by the players imagination.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu

@ pboontap

Mass Effect 3, on the gameplay front, is still as much of an RPG is the 1st. Just in a way best suited to video games instead of Tabletop. ;) know what I mean ? As for EA, if they played a part in that, then Great !

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I have no problem with the DA2. In many ways I like it more than the first one. DA2 was the main factor in why I got ME3 day one but with ME3 I may skip DAI.

If DA2 played like DAO then I would asking if DAI can redeem it.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By udUbdaWgz1

@wiouds:

I can honestly say that the widespread difference intrigues me. I know masseffect is the best game for me, by far, and, they, jacked me up by screweing me over. I will replay mass1 any ways. it is one of the best COMBAT innovative games ever: I love it when people bi a tch about the ai or the combat: go

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By udUbdaWgz1

if dragon age origins is a typical bioware idiot fest I will be disappointed: regardless, tes is the platinum standard: enuf enuf, thank you ...

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wiouds

@udubdawgz1: The first ME is a great game. My problem is with the number of problem I have with the changes made to the second one. I hate the story of ME2 and the cast. For that reason I was going to skip on ME3 at first but I play DA2 and that gave me enough faith in bioware to get ME3. Now, I have them at the same level as Square Enix.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@wiouds said:

@udubdawgz1: The first ME is a great game. My problem is with the number of problem I have with the changes made to the second one. I hate the story of ME2 and the cast. For that reason I was going to skip on ME3 at first but I play DA2 and that gave me enough faith in bioware to get ME3. Now, I have them at the same level as Square Enix.

You enjoyed ME3 more than ME2 right? Big upgrade?

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wiouds

@firefox59 said:

@wiouds said:

You enjoyed ME3 more than ME2 right? Big upgrade?

It is a stumble in the right direction.

Avatar image for deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63dfa0b8f0214
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts

Two Bioware threads on the first page. Early birthday present?

To me, right now, Bioware doesn't need redeeming. The last Bioware game that truly disappointed me was Jade Empire, partly because of my over the top hype after Kotor, and because it was so bad. Everything else I have played since has been enjoyable even with some flaws (haven't played DA2 though). My favorite out of all of those games is ME3.

pokemon4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 pokemon4597
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

I think some of the hate here is crazy. I know that I for one LOVED ME2 and ME3 (I liked the first ME, but the combat keeps it from being great). The characters in all three games were incredible, and Bioware really took the clunky inventory and attributes of the first game and streamlined them as the trilogy went on.

Now, speaking of Dragon Age...A lot of people love DA:O combat. I'm not always crazy about it. Seems a little MMO-y, and there's a reason I don't play those. Maybe it's because I'm a younger gamer and never played things like Baldur's Gate, but I thought that DA2 was a big improvement in several ways on the first game. I loved the combat, I thought it was lot more fast-paced and not quite so awkward Sure, the environments were crazy repetitive, but I thought the story as a whole was really engaging.

I'm actually incredibly excited for Inquisition. It's the game that's really motivating me to go next-gen, and I think Bioware is going to knock it out of the park. I also think that it looks incredible...I'm drooling just looking at the trailer.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Can't be bothered to go into a Dragon Age debate so i'm just popping in here and dropping that Dragon Age II was better then Origins and I like the direction they went. It could of been even better, sure, would of been nice to have options like the first where you have access to all 3 races (or more) but having a voiced main character, faster, funner and less less faffy combat was a good trade off. A lot of things people say are wrong about number 2 are also in the first, play them back to back instead of relying on memory and nostalgia.