This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

So I am replacing my TV ,but I am on a budget. So I have it lowered down to a few Vizios and wanted to ask the Giantbomb Community which would be the best option for playing games. I am also open to other brands but my budget is 600 dollars and my current TV is 50 inches so I would like to stay in the 47inches to 55inch range. Thanks for the help duders

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/mseries/m502ib1.html

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/eseries/e500ib1.html

http://www.vizio.com/tvs/eseries/e550ib2.html

Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

any suggestions

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

if you wanted to ask the giantbomb community it might help if you post this there...

xxbioghostxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 xxbioghostxx
Member since 2014 • 37 Posts

@Sarge1442:

VIZIO ? Is that a walmart brand?

If you are looking for quality TV's you go with either sony, samsung (best two) or worst case scenario LG.

You must get an LED, because LCD's have inferior color quality and brightness than LED.

Look for TV's that have clear whites and deep blacks. That will tell you how good the TV panel is.

You can buy one TV for 600 dollars that would have blacks looking like purples, and whites looking like yellows. Or you can buy another TV for 500 dollars that would have whites likes printer paper and blacks deep like charcoals. Not all TVs are made the same, thats why i recommend to go with trusted brands like SONY or SAMSUNG.
Thats why i recommend buying a few TV's bringing them home and setting them side by side for comparison and then returning the remaining ones that you don't like, but then again im a picture quality freak and a life long gamer.

If you are getting it for gaming, make sure to get anything below 8ms refresh rate, otherwise you will see ghosting on fast moving images.

Personally i would avoid plasmas as they are being slowly phased out of production and replaced by LEDS.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@xxbioghostxx said:

@Sarge1442:

VIZIO ? Is that a walmart brand?

If you are looking for quality TV's you go with either sony, samsung (best two) or worst case scenario LG.

You must get an LED, because LCD's have inferior color quality and brightness than LED.

Look for TV's that have clear whites and deep blacks. That will tell you how good the TV panel is.

You can buy one TV for 600 dollars that would have blacks looking like purples, and whites looking like yellows. Or you can buy another TV for 500 dollars that would have whites likes printer paper and blacks deep like charcoals. Not all TVs are made the same, thats why i recommend to go with trusted brands like SONY or SAMSUNG.

Thats why i recommend buying a few TV's bringing them home and setting them side by side for comparison and then returning the remaining ones that you don't like, but then again im a picture quality freak and a life long gamer.

If you are getting it for gaming, make sure to get anything below 8ms refresh rate, otherwise you will see ghosting on fast moving images.

Personally i would avoid plasmas as they are being slowly phased out of production and replaced by LEDS.

Vizio is a fine brand. I've had Vizio, Samsung and LG tv's. The best one's I've had were the Vizio's and they cost me the least.

I still have my original flat screen in my bedroom which was a Vizio 32" plasma from 2007 that still works perfectly and has a good picture to this day. I had a 42" Vizio LCD in my living room that was great but a few years ago replaced with a samsung "50 inch plasma mostly because I wanted a bigger screen and found that LCD did not give me as good of a picture as I was used to with plasma. The samsung was a decent TV... until the warranty ran out and the screen started to develop horizontal black lines all over the screen. Will be replacing with a Vizio LED or Panasonic plasma. I sold that other Vizio to a friend and he still has it and it's still looking good (for LCD).

Plasma is still the best picture quality and I would still suggest getting one.

xCaZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xCaZx
Member since 2015 • 82 Posts

@xxbioghostxx: Sorry but Vizio is not a bad television brand. I prefer Samsung but Vizio is not some junk off brand. I would recommend looking for an LED with 120hz refresh rate or better...and stay away from the real off brands.

PSN_M1NAT3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 PSN_M1NAT3K
Member since 2014 • 163 Posts

They announced a ton of new TVs at CES 2015 in January. I've been keeping my eye out on the release of the Samsung UN65JS9500. So far, last year's model of UN65HU9000 hasn't moved from the $3999 mark since Black Friday. I mention this because I'm using that as a dummy market indicator on when the new sets will be released. When they start blowing out the 9000's, it will probably be to make room for new inventory. You might want to keep in mind that new Vizio TVs are also around the corner (fingers crossed), and might have buyer's regret if you buy now with a refresh imminent.