Buy refurbished PS4/Xbox One or Black Friday deal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meltonmania5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By meltonmania5
Member since 2015 • 21 Posts

We are looking to buy a PS4 or XBox One for our children for Christmas. They are 7 and 8. They will be using it on the TV in their playroom which does not have 4K nor will it have for years. We were thinking of saving money and not getting the latest model and we're considering getting a used or refurbished one. However, my husband and I don't know much about video game consoles so buying a used one on eBay or a resale page makes us nervous, and the refurbished prices we've seen are not much less than some of these $250 Black Friday deals. Are we looking in the wrong place for refurbished? Mainly Amazon and eBay. Which should we buy - new or used?

Also, can anyone explain the online subscriptions to both? Can you set controls so they can only access age-appropriate games? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@meltonmania5 said:

We are looking to buy a PS4 or XBox One for our children for Christmas. They are 7 and 8. They will be using it on the TV in their playroom which does not have 4K nor will it have for years. We were thinking of saving money and not getting the latest model and we're considering getting a used or refurbished one. However, my husband and I don't know much about video game consoles so buying a used one on eBay or a resale page makes us nervous, and the refurbished prices we've seen are not much less than some of these $250 Black Friday deals. Are we looking in the wrong place for refurbished? Mainly Amazon and eBay. Which should we buy - new or used?

Also, can anyone explain the online subscriptions to both? Can you set controls so they can only access age-appropriate games? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Don´t buy a refurbished, you can get a new one for almost the same price also with Pro out and Scorpio on the steps plus the Xbox one S , i bet you can find a brand new for a very sweet deal on Black Friday. Also it will come with warranty and the security of being from a dealer so you won't have to risk ending up with a brick.

And yes both consoles come with Parent lock which can be set so it would be that easy to break, even for 2 bright kids 8 and 7.

If you however really want to buy a used, go to gamestop or a store similar to that , never buy from Ebay or Craig´s list.

meltonmania5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By meltonmania5
Member since 2015 • 21 Posts

@Jacanuk: Thank you!