Bought SNES and N64

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dev8stator_Ic9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 dev8stator_Ic9
Member since 2008 • 137 Posts

Well, I did it. I bought an N64 and an SNES with some games. It cost me a lot of money so don't ask how much.

N64+ games: Mario Party, Super Smash Bros, Perfect dark, LOZ: Ocarina of time, Turok 2, Turok Rage Wars, Paper Mario, DK64, and I think thats it( plus a controller and 2 controller memory cards)

SNES+game: Super Metroid, really, thats all I got.( plus a controller)

Now, I think all my research paid off because I believe most of these games are awesome.( Paper Mario being one of my favourite RPGs) But someone tell me if it really was worth it because I only have about a day to return all this. :( And the SNES will turn off If you bump it, so I will have to fix it or return it. But I still had tons of fun playing Super Metroid, I have been searching for the origonal for quite some time. Now I just have to play some N64. But unfortunately I am leaving on a vacation today so I can't play any of this awesomeness for a week! :P

dev8stator_Ic9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dev8stator_Ic9

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Super Metroid and Paper Mario were something like 28$. :o

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

But someone tell me if it really was worth it because I only have about a day to return all this. :( And the SNES will turn off If you bump it, so I will have to fix it or return it. dev8stator_Ic9

You have to tell us the prices and the condition of everything for us to tell you whether it was worth it.

In terms of systems and games, you made great choices to get you started.

I would definitely do something about that SNES. See if you can exchange it for a better one. The SNES is probably the most reliable system of all time. So, if it shuts off when you bump it there are probably some serious problems and it was probably not taken care of.

dev8stator_Ic9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dev8stator_Ic9

I believe its just a minor power jack issue so I think I could fix it. The jacks a bit flacky.

bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

Don't think you can fix the SNES power issue. I've seen this a lot, if you're 100% sure it isn't the adaptor (and if it is, then it's an easy fix: NEW CORD), then the jack on the system is busted. If you look at the jack in the back, if you can only see 2 metal pins sticking out instead of a round socket, then you're screwed. Just pick up another system. Check at thrift stores. After tat, just ask at pawn shops if they have any systems that aren't complete since you already have the cords for it, you'll get it cheaper.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

I believe its just a minor power jack issue so I think I could fix it. The jacks a bit flacky.

dev8stator_Ic9
But, if you paid normal price and wasn't told about this problem when you bought the system, they ripped you off. It might be worth trying to exchange it for a system without problems before it's too late.