Borderlands 2 wishlist

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#1 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

When (and if) they ever make a sequel to Borderlands, here are some improvements I'd like to see

1. Appearance customization: Seriously, the only thing you could customize was your clothing color. In the sequel, I think you should be able to customize face, fair, skin tone, clothing style, and even gender. Then each person's character would actually look unique

2. A supply locker of some sort. I hated the fact that I had to tote everything with me or sell it. Give me some type of virtual locker to store my stuff!

3. Deeper, more uniqe skill trees for each class. Seriously, the only thing separating each class was one special ability, I mean everything else was essentially just a stat modifier.

4. Some variety in the vehicles (and give them some actual stopping power). How about some type of smaller, nimbler four-wheeler, something that can fly, and some alien-like hovercraft vehicles that can strafe? Yeah I know that sounds like a total Halo ripoff, but great ideas come from somewhere, right?

5. More attention to the PvP feature. How about having some servers specifically for PvP type games that can hold more than just 4 players? That would be sweet!

Do you like/dislike my ideas? What's on your wishlist?

metaknight36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 metaknight36
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

agrred

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UT_Wrestler

agrred

metaknight36
Anything you'd add to that list?
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Character customization & a storage chest/locker would both be nice. I personally think vehicles should be nixed altogether unless they can come up with more compelling ways to use them (actually, on the flip side, it would be cool if you could scavenge parts to build you own vehicles ala Mad Max). I've only played as the soldier and I have not done any PvP, so I cannot comment on those aspects.

The huge one you missed, however, is weapon customization. You can do it like Diablo with runes and modifiers that go into socketed items, or like Guild Wars where you can add attachments salvaged from other weapons (scopes, stabilizers, etc.).

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="djsundowner"]

Character customization & a storage chest/locker would both be nice. I personally think vehicles should be nixed altogether unless they can come up with more compelling ways to use them (actually, on the flip side, it would be cool if you could scavenge parts to build you own vehicles ala Mad Max). I've only played as the soldier and I have not done any PvP, so I cannot comment on those aspects.

The huge one you missed, however, is weapon customization. You can do it like Diablo with runes and modifiers that go into socketed items, or like Guild Wars where you can add attachments salvaged from other weapons (scopes, stabilizers, etc.).

Oh yeah definitely. I'd love to scavenge for weapon parts like scopes, stocks, damage amplifiers, etc. to customize the weapons. And I like your custom vehicle idea too.
o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts

Nice list, i would love a type of "robot wars" style vehicle customization, more weapons and that battle it out, not just guns but other equipment. It shocks me all these guns yet when it comes to vehicle weapons its so limited. Also more people, its relatively desolate. The ratio of guns to people makes america look like gun pacifists

havent they already released a locker system?

i would like to see more episodes for the first one (dont want it doing a left 4 dead on us)

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

I have 2 ideas that would make it more RPG but not change the gameplay too much.

Firstly: Character Creation

You would choose your power and your prefered weapon and a lesser prefered weapon. you could also choose what skill tree's you had as well ass your power skill tree. After that you would choose a persistant perk such as 20% accuracy or Slow health regen', something along those lines, that way your character would be alot more personal instead of having one of 4 preset characters that everyone in the world is using.

Secondly: Make a Weapon

1)Choose type (smg, sniper...)

2)build the gun: sight, stock, barell...

3)choose a brand (Jakobs: better damage, Maliwan: More elemental Options etc.)

4)Choose the stats of the gun within certain restraints of the brandand gun buils peices Eg; a jakobs snipers cap the fire rateat 0.8
a certain stock may increase accuracy but decrease reload speed.

5) depending on the stats the level requirement and cost of the gun increases, at the end of the creator you buy your gun. Its a similar principal to spell creation in oblivion.

Obviously this would all need balancing. I hope you like my ideas.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

I think the new DLC description said it includes a storage locker, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Definitely something the game needs.

Character customization is the obvious choice and I really like the idea from the above poster about being able to customize your own weapons. At least some slotted gear or something. Body armor would also be nice...yes for the shield bonuses but also just as another way to make your character look different from other players.

And I'd really like a decent story...or, at least, a decent attempt at one.

I really didn't have a whole lot of complaints...but, I'm always up for opening up the skill trees a bit more.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

-A proper trading system is needed. Nobody should have to drop their gear on the ground to trade with other players. That's just asking for trouble.

-A gun modding system. Destroy guns to get parts from them, and add them to your gun. You could also buy parts from the vending machines.

-Higher level cap.

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

1. Appearance customization: Seriously, the only thing you could customize was your clothing color. In the sequel, I think you should be able to customize face, fair, skin tone, clothing style, and even gender. Then each person's character would actually look unique

UT_Wrestler

So in other words you dont want there to be characters, cause if you can just change them as you see fit then theres no point in having different characters to begin with.

shaunmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11 shaunmc
Member since 2003 • 1957 Posts
Some more story would be nice!
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Some more story would be nice!shaunmc
I agree here. And this may not be good for Borderlands, but I'd like huge cities and towns with interesting people to meet and talk to like in Fallout 3. Basically, I want Borderlands 2 to be Fallout 3 with better gunplay.
BudFudlacker09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BudFudlacker09
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts
More vehicles, definitely. And more non-hostile NPCs, because the world of Borderlands is way too quiet and feels empty with barely any NORMAL people around, especially in the towns where they're all locked up in their houses.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Some more story would be nice!shaunmc
That was exactly what I was going to suggest. I wouldn't mind there being more multiplayer options such as capture the flag or king of the hill.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I disliked how there was only one special ability for each characters. Hopefully they will add multiple abilities for each class in the next one.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UT_Wrestler
[QUOTE="warmaster670"]

[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

So in other words you dont want there to be characters, cause if you can just change them as you see fit then theres no point in having different characters to begin with.

You act as though they actually gave them personality and wrote some type of meaningful story. The four supposed "characters" in the game are really just generic mercenaries anyway.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UT_Wrestler

I disliked how there was only one special ability for each characters. Hopefully they will add multiple abilities for each class in the next one.

istreakforfood
Definitely. Or they could take a page out of Bethesda's playbook and allow you to custom build your own class from scratch.
Tiberius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tiberius
Member since 2002 • 1713 Posts
How about some facial animation?
broeder6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 broeder6x6
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
2. A supply locker of some sort. I hated the fact that I had to tote everything with me or sell it. Give me some type of virtual locker to store my stuff!3. Deeper, more uniqe skill trees for each class. Seriously, the only thing separating each class was one special ability, I mean everything else was essentially just a stat modifier.4. Some variety in the vehicles (and give them some actual stopping power). How about some type of smaller, nimbler four-wheeler, something that can fly, and some alien-like hovercraft vehicles that can strafe? Yeah I know that sounds like a total Halo ripoff, but great ideas come from somewhere, right?UT_Wrestler
totality right on this part but the supply locker is already there in de mad moxxi's dlc. the classes should be a bit like fallout/oblivion so you build your own character whit its own skills.