Blitzing through a game vs Taking your time.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soulfinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soulfinger
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts

With many people are playing Uncharted 2 this week it got me thinking about how people like to play through new games. Blitz through it to try and complete it as soon as possible in a day or two or take your time a little to savour the experience. I personally have always preferred to take my time and savour it. I don't like blitzing through games in marathon sessions and have the game completed in a day or two. I'd rather take my time and delibrately put it down so I don't complet it for a couple of weeks.

There has been games I've blitz through and completed them is a couple of days max but this is generally due to there short lenght like Call of Duty 4. I delibrately stopped playing Uncharted 2 today and apart from a quick blast tomorrow morning I won't play it again till Monday.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

i ALWAYS take my time and savour the game, i wanna get my moneys worth lol

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I mostly take my time - but then I eventually get bored from adventuring around and stop playing. I find myself completing the games more when I blitz through it.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I never got the point of playing a game like you're a reviewer and can only devote 1 or 2 days to it. Speed runs are cool, but I wouldn't play a game in that way on the first play through. Probably not even the second time.

I suppose i'm the opposite, if the game will let me I will do everything the first time so that when I play it again, I don't need to do anything in order to access something new. But that usually results in me not playing the game again since i've seen everything already.

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts
well just because you beat a game fast dosent mean your not getting the full experience. personally i tend to play through my games very quickly the first time through because when i start playing a game i get excited and cant wait to see what happens next so i just keep playing and playing until its done. but ill usally play the game again that way i can get all the unlockable stuff and that usally takes me ALOT longer then my first play through.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
It depends upon the attitude with which you are approaching the game. If you want to beat it to beat it, that's one thing. If you get caught up in the game, and it passes quickly, that's something else. Personally, I find that when I play a game a lot, I'm more likely to finish it than if I stretch it out.
randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts
It depends upon the attitude with which you are approaching the game. If you want to beat it to beat it, that's one thing. If you get caught up in the game, and it passes quickly, that's something else. Personally, I find that when I play a game a lot, I'm more likely to finish it than if I stretch it out.muthsera666
totally agree
Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="muthsera666"]It depends upon the attitude with which you are approaching the game. If you want to beat it to beat it, that's one thing. If you get caught up in the game, and it passes quickly, that's something else. Personally, I find that when I play a game a lot, I'm more likely to finish it than if I stretch it out.randino84
totally agree

Same here

Skull007o_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Skull007o_O
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts
i play the game slowly the 1st time, enjoying it with the details in graphics and songs, and the story of course then I replay it 1 or 2 times to get the extras and then its over xd
AaronJBarber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AaronJBarber
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It all depends on the game. If im playing a really deep RPG then im going to take my time to enjoy it. On the other hand if im playing a shooter like COD4 im just going to smash through the singleplayer to get to the multiplayer.

92GreenYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 92GreenYJ
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

I like to take my time. Thats part of the reason I am such a big fan of RPGs like Final Fantasy. I like to get my moneys worth out of a game and with most Square products or RPGs, you usually do. I had over 160 hours into Final Fantasy X when I finally beat it. I can definitely say i got my moneys worth on that game

Caemyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Caemyr
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts

I personally prefer to take my time. I like to explore and find things that i might miss otherwise, thats how I found most of the keepers in Mass Effect w/o the map. Even if an item, npc or whatever is not vitally important to the completion of the game or a specific quest, I just like finding them, they can be entertaining/interesting sometimes.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I always like to take my time when playing a game for the first time. 2 months later and I still haven't finished Batman: AA yet, so something like Demon's Souls will take me forever.
MsJoannaDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MsJoannaDark
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

I always take my time. I don't see the appeal of blitzing through.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I'm a bit of a roleplayer when I play my games, regardless of the genre.

I like to get into the head of the main character and imagine occupying their shoes and being in their world. As opposed to blitzing through a game, just making the most of the game mechanics just to finish. Going through the motions doesn't seem fun at all.

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

I don't like rushing through games, but then again it is depending on what the game has to offer. if there are possibilities for a larger game experience I'm taking my time.

aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
Well, I'm an RPG/adventure game kind of guy, so naturally I like to take things slowly.
txr302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 txr302
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

I play mostly adventure games so I take my time at times.

KittyHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KittyHeart
Member since 2009 • 1340 Posts

i always slow donw and take my sweet time :)

HiSaZuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 HiSaZuL
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

meh if the game allows it and deserves it why not play every little bit of it the first time -_O... then again lame buggy overhybed games i beat in 5-7 hours heh... hello F.E.A.R on hard lol