BEWARE- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

This topic is locked from further discussion.

beanpodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 beanpodd
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Daniel had just picked up Prince of Persia: Warrior Within from the used video game store. "Great" he thought, "now I can continue my sword swinging, time bending adventuring through worlds more fantastical than my own." The game was the sequel to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time which he had enjoyed very much, even if he felt there were a few flaws in the combat stages of the game. Maybe the sequel would correct these problems he hoped. Daniel got home, plopped down in front of the TV and set the disc in the Xbox. While waiting for the game to load, he looked at the back of the game case. Along with the usual in-game screen shots, the developers of the game, Ubisoft, promised to deliver on these bullet points:

• Unique free-form fighting system with over 60 melee weapons
  • Countless hours of action though non-linear environments
  • Soul-shattering boss battles

Soul-shattering! Oh Daniel did love a good bit of hyperbole now and then! He got started on the game and pressed on through several thumb-numbing hours. Finally he reached the end of one level and was confronted with an immortal she-pirate wielding double swords. Her life bar appeared at the bottom on the screen. Daniel dug in for what looked to be an epic battle. He mashed buttons; his heart rate rose; he started to sweat; he stared intensely at the screen. Suddenly he dropped the controller. His eyes glazed over.

Daniel's parents found him in a catatonic state 4 hours later. He was slowly rocking back and forth in a puddle of his own drool and wouldn't respond to any stimulus. That was 2 months ago and he has shown no progress towards recovery. He had to be placed in a continuous care facility. The diagnosis: acute soul fragmentation. Since Daniel's incident, it has come to light that thousands of others have suffered the same fate. A ****action lawsuit against Ubisoft is now pending. It is hoped that with a win in court, the news of a multi-million dollar settlement will snap Daniel out of his stupor.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

So he's one of the people who didn't read the warning in the manuals?

Oh yeah...link or this is just a bad case-scenerio. 

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
I beat all the Prince of Persia games and I have not suffered from what he has. Every single game manual states that if you feel dizzy after playing for a longer time immediately shut off the system and take a rest.
Dyslexic_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dyslexic_Chaos
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts
Wow, I can't believe you guys are taking this seriously. Does noone actually read posts anymore? Is it all about post count? You think he actually had "Soul Fragmentation"? WTF? I know sarcasm is hard to percieve on the net, but c'mon guys... really...
earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts

freakin hilarious!THETRUEDOZAH

That's not cool...It's serious...Can it really happen?...Anyway, it does state in the game manual that it might cause seizures. BTW, did you get this story from a website? I looked it up and I saw the exact same story...:|.

morph_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 morph_basic
Member since 2002 • 1672 Posts
Soul fragmentation... so does that mean the game delivered? At first glance I thought this was a bash on POP:WW, but I guess not.  Anyway, I loved the game.  Soul fragmentation ftw!
beanpodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 beanpodd
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Thanks to the people who actually understood it as a joke. Some people must be quite dense or else little kids. Yes I posted this on another site, a blog I post on eye-strain.net but I thought people on here might enjoy it too. 
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I beat all the Prince of Persia games and I have not suffered from what he has. Every single game manual states that if you feel dizzy after playing for a longer time immediately shut off the system and take a rest.oscar530

:lol:

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
How weird... So many ppl thought this was true. That particular boss almost drove me to a catatonic state.
ArneZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 ArneZ
Member since 2005 • 604 Posts
ive been playing games every day for 12 years....ive had nothing like that..
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I know how you feel, Warrior Within left me catatonic too :P Teh backtracking, teh backtracking! *curls into a ball and crys*
Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

Yeah, I feel for you Daniel, I myself have been 'drawn into the immersive world of' several games. It was particularly nasty when I ended up in God of War. Kratos was REALLY pi**ed that I wasn't amazed by his game like everyone else. I only JUST managed to avoid a brutal death by diving at the TV screen in the nick of time!

It's also really annoying when a game puts me 'on the edge of my seat' with its action. I LIKE lounging in my recliner lazily pressing the buttons while scoffing bread and juice! :(

PhoenixMDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PhoenixMDK
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Soul fragmentation - genius! :D
fathoms_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fathoms_basic
Member since 2002 • 22116 Posts
...is there a point to this?
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts

...is there a point to this?fathoms_basic

Mostly that people dont read posts.. 

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Did daniel spend 4 hours looking at the womans breasts, doing things to himself that made him go blind?
AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
Hahaha?