Xvaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xvaer
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts

Simple question: ¿Which is the best eSport for the watcher?

I'm recently getting more into the eSport scene. In my opinion, the best, by far... Smite! I love playing Guilld Wars 2, but I've been watching GW2 Pro League and it was awful. A lightshow where you don't understand nothing.

Another example but in the other side of the spectrum... Hearthstone. Fun to play, but boring to watch. For hardcore fans and strategist. I love strategies in sports but for me this is too much static.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Probably Counter Strike. Very tense and exciting with a much higher skill cap than most competitive games.

Quake as well.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44166 Posts

Personally I love the fighting game genre, my favourite to watch is probably Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 followed by Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. I also really enjoy watching competitive Halo and Call of Duty.

Berserker1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Berserker1_5
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

lol

I've seen most esports. Most casters are horrible, they aren't funny, they don't know how to do their job

Lol is awesome it starts on Jan 14

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Fighting games easily. Everything is presented on a single, fully viewable screen at all times. Matches are quick, engaging, and deep.

My personal favourite Is Ultra Street Fighter IV. I'd avoid marvel vs capcom 3. The progression of matches in that game is pretty wonky and in my personal opinion stupid. Combos shouldn't last that long or do that much damage.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I see little point in it. Esports are all about the arena game and I find them boring to play (too repetitive) so I do not want to watch them.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Fighting games hands down.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#8 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Fighting games in general have excellent spactatorship. Since the ruleset is easy to communicate (beat up the other player) and the presentation of the games themselves look spectacular. StarCraft is also a good watch as it has a pretty straightforward push pull mechanic with progression and a clear objective that's easy to understand. It's also a 1v1 game at the highest level which makes gameplay moments easy to track for casters.

Counter-Strike can be a mixed bag. I think it's really dependent on the caster to keep track of the action as things can heat up really quickly and the important plays can easily be missed.

As for MOBAs, I find MOBA's long, they dont communicate nuances of the game well. support classes dont seem all that interesting spectator wise. There's occasional stretches of players avoiding each other to farm NPCs and team fights can get abit messy. But I do understand why it's popular as a spectator game since the map is a half-half of possession with 3 lanes with a dense engagement heat-map.

jKryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jKryptonite
Member since 2013 • 118 Posts

Try watching the EVO-tournament with the best fighters in the world..some even have personalities!!

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

As a few have said, it has to be fighting games hands down. MOBAs are too hard to follow if you aren't familiar with the game. Besides, other than Smite, watching MOBAs is terribly boring. I'd think Starcraft would be watchable for one unfamiliar with the game but I've never watched a game of Starcraft in that position. RTS games also become too repetitive to watch. Fighting games have those exciting moments as well as being able to appreciate the overall skill throughout a match.