Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Already preordered it. Game looks siiiiick.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/16/batman-arkham-origins-teaser-trailer?zeta_id=2589330232&utm_source=Targeted%20Blasts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Arkham+Trailer_15844_847647_847654&utm_content=2589330232 

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Will buy next gen version.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

I hope it's good. Cool trailer. I'll be getting for the PC.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
inb4 paffdaddy alt
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Meh, still not very excited about if for being a prequel instead of a sequel and then also tacked on Multiplayer confirmed.

Well, but at least this time I'm pretty neutral about the news that the game will feature Deathstroke

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

S0lidSnake

Has next-gen version already been confirmed? So far, I've heard it's only going to be released for current-gen.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

It's not Rocksteady though...

Also, prequel mehfjujkjfghfhtr

Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

It's not Rocksteady though...

Also, prequel mehfjujkjfghfhtr

Ilovegames1992

I was worried about the absence of Rocksteady too but it looks like it is being developed by a bunch of old Retro employees. That and the Game Informer preview has me stoked.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
Getting it for next-gen. Wondering where everything will happen. (currently playing Arkham City)
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

S0lidSnake
if there is one, then ya
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Looks sweet.

Epidemek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Epidemek
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
awesome
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Well that was a horrible trailer.
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Well that was a horrible trailer.Minishdriveby

Agreed. 

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]Well that was a horrible trailer.mikeyMKII

Agreed. 

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MadVybz

Meh, still not very excited about if for being a prequel instead of a sequel 

Justforvisit

What do you expect? The progression the series made in just two games was ridiculous, after I finished Arkham City I knew that the next game was gonna be a prequel. 

[spoiler] Besides, how do you follow up after KILLING THE JOKER? [/spoiler]

RedCore119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RedCore119
Member since 2013 • 286 Posts

It's simple we kill the bats

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#18 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Lol, how can you say it looks 'sick' from a CGI cutscene which features one fight?

Until I see gameplay I'm not interested.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#19 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

MadVybz

What do you expect? The progression the series made in just two games was ridiculous, after I finished Arkham City I knew that the next game was gonna be a prequel. 

With any luck Rocksteady are hard at work on a sequel whilst this is being done, after **** died there is still a lot of ways to take it, especially following Batman's emotions.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9901 Posts
Well that was a horrible trailer.Minishdriveby
Full trailer on monday, with a new assassin revealed :)!
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I consider the Arkham games to be among the best of this generation with Arkham City being one of the very best games of all time.

This game looks like it will be good but it also looks like it is going to be a redundant sequel in most regards.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I have no doubt it will be a great game like Arkham City but the trailer wasn' t that good. Personally, I didn' t notice anything "origin" related.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

Venom_Raptor

With any luck Rocksteady are hard at work on a sequel whilst this is being done, after **** died there is still a lot of ways to take it, especially following Batman's emotions.

How would you follow up in a way that's better than Arkham City, is what I meant. I mean, they made a pretty ballsy move.

RandoIphF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RandoIphF
Member since 2013 • 271 Posts
BATMAN'S CAPE AND COWL ARE PURPLE. This is an outrage.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

BATMAN'S CAPE AND COWL ARE PURPLE. This is an outrage.RandoIphF

PuffDaddy was right after all. I demand his ban be overturned!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#26 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Kinda a weak trailer IMO.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 turtlethetaffer

BATMAN'S CAPE AND COWL ARE PURPLE. This is an outrage.RandoIphF

Paffdaddy alt? Or just joking?

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

MadVybz

How would you follow up in a way that's better than Arkham City, is what I meant. I mean, they made a pretty ballsy move.

2 easy bits:

1) Make it open world with Sidequest and Side Missions similiar to those which already were in Arkham City

2) Give Access to the Batmobile and Batwing, maybe even Batbike etc., all the great and cool Batman Vehicles to control by ourselves, to drive around Gotham all by ourselves, to explore it like Arkham City

1 hard bit:

*WARNING: THIS WILL CONTAIN MAJOR STORY SPOILERS FOR ARKHAM CITY, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!*

After they've killed off The Joker I hoped they'd come up with an all new, characteristic and great original villain character. Sure, it ain't easy to do so, it requires a good writer and acceptance of the fans to create an all new icon, but at least I would have liked to see them at least TRYING to do so instead of relying on old, well too known characters. But that would have marked the next game after AC as really outstanding, even more so if that new villain character then maybe even would have found his way in the official Batman / DC Comic Universe and this would have been his debut.

ALSO, what about Azrael and his Prophecy? They could have followed this as well and develop a Villain out of this. Even if it would have been the Return of Ras Al Ghul...this scenario also would run very well along with the first Batman Movie then.

*END OF SPOILERS
HERE*

So, in my opinion, all these Scenarios would have made a far superior decision than the one they did and also would have improved on the previous games.

The decision now is just "Meh, let us just give them more of the same Batman....oh, and add Multiplayer to cash in some extra money"

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ilovegames1992

Its the world of comic books. Nobody ever stays dead. Ever.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Justforvisit

2 easy bits:

1) Make it open world with Sidequest and Side Missions similiar to those which already were in Arkham City

2) Give Access to the Batmobile and Batwing, maybe even Batbike etc., all the great and cool Batman Vehicles to control by ourselves, to drive around Gotham all by ourselves, to explore it like Arkham City

1 hard bit:

*WARNING: THIS WILL CONTAIN MAJOR STORY SPOILERS FOR ARKHAM CITY, DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!*

After they've killed off The Joker I hoped they'd come up with an all new, characteristic and great original villain character. Sure, it ain't easy to do so, it requires a good writer and acceptance of the fans to create an all new icon, but at least I would have liked to see them at least TRYING to do so instead of relying on old, well too known characters. But that would have marked the next game after AC as really outstanding, even more so if that new villain character then maybe even would have found his way in the official Batman / DC Comic Universe and this would have been his debut.

ALSO, what about Azrael and his Prophecy? They could have followed this as well and develop a Villain out of this. Even if it would have been the Return of Ras Al Ghul...this scenario also would run very well along with the first Batman Movie then.

*END OF SPOILERS
HERE*

So, in my opinion, all these Scenarios would have made a far superior decision than the one they did and also would have improved on the previous games.

The decision now is just "Meh, let us just give them more of the same Batman....oh, and add Multiplayer to cash in some extra money"

Most of that would only improve the quality of the narrative, If they do decide to add vehicles and more side quests it better be something plausible and should serve quality not quantity. I only say this because I actualy hate Batman (the character), as a game though. . . . . I would've gotten it regardless of whatever universe WB decided to go with, the game is just that good. Also any game that has multiplayer but no guns is always something worth looking into. (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood).
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 turtlethetaffer

I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.Canvas_Of_Flesh

How in God's name was ANYONE disappointed by Arkham City? The game improved a butt ton of small things, and added new things. It's more or less the objectively superior game.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Justforvisit

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.turtlethetaffer

How in God's name was ANYONE disappointed by Arkham City? The game improved a butt ton of small things, and added new things. It's more or less the objectively superior game.

I'm wondering about the same, you wouldn't believe how many people back in the day when Arkham City came out said that too over in the Arkham City Forum when those boards where still alive on GameSpot

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.Justforvisit

I'm wondering about the same, you wouldn't believe how many people back in the day when Arkham City came out said that too over in the Arkham City Forum when those boards where still alive on GameSpot

I've gone into great detail about how, objectively, AC is clearly the superior game but ultimately my theory is that many people preferred the more linear construction of Asylum.

Regardless of personal preference, City quite literally improved and expanded on just about everything present in Asylum.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.turtlethetaffer

First of all, I wouldn't disagree that it's a better game, it's just that I really didn't care for it all that much. My issues with the game simply extend with it trying to be a jack of all trades, but a master of none. I think my main issue is that it lost a lot of what I liked in it's transition into an open-world game. Not to mention, that adding new things isn't always considered by everyone to be good.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.Canvas_Of_Flesh

First of all, I wouldn't disagree that it's a better game, it's just that I really didn't care for it all that much. My issues with the game simply extend with it trying to be a jack of all trades, but a master of none. I think my main issue is that it lost a lot of what I liked in it's transition into an open-world game. Not to mention, that adding new things isn't always considered by everyone to be good.

I thought the combat and stealth were vastly improved...  And the City was a far cooler location for the game IMO.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ilovegames1992

I know Arkham City is 'better' but i preferred playing Asylum if that makes sense.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"]I really hope the game turns out great, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it because I was pretty disappointed by Arkham City.Canvas_Of_Flesh

I understand the position of those who didn't appreciate the open world structure and felt it fragmented the experience (a common issue with open world constructs) but everything else in City was a pronounced improvement. They essentially took every component present in Asylum and expanded upon it, making the combat, detective mode, traversal, stealth and even the boss fights better.

Even assuming somebody subscribes to the notion that more isn't necessarily better, most of the improvements in Arkham City were optional additions that didn't require the player use them unless they wanted a deeper experience with more variety and combat options.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Grammaton-Cleric

I know Arkham City is 'better' but i preferred playing Asylum if that makes sense.

Ilovegames1992

Arkham Asylum is a more cohesive experience in terms of narrative and construction so I think your preference makes sense if that is the type of game you prefer.

Also, both games are brilliant so no worries either way.  

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Batman is kind of played out at this point but if it continues with the fun stealth gameplay I will get it eventually on PC.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9901 Posts

I consider the Arkham games to be among the best of this generation with Arkham City being one of the very best games of all time.

This game looks like it will be good but it also looks like it is going to be a redundant sequel in most regards.

Grammaton-Cleric

Agree with this, the Arkham games are amazingly well crafted! What worries me about Origin is that it seems to be a little bit of a cash-in. Basically I think that Rocksteady is hard at work on Arkham 3 (Conroy more or less confirmed this today). This ambitious project is taking very long to complete. So WB Montreal got the Arkham City code to quickly build a prequel using the exact same engine to make some dollars on this old tech before next gen kicks in (eplains why the game is not releasing on next gen systems).

The Kotaku preview was very critical of the lack of new features, which is consistent with this theory. That said more of Arkham City is a good thing and I'm sure I will enjoy it. But I'm not expecting anything revolutionary of Rocksteady proportions.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
The trailer looked great, hopefully the game will meet the same level in terms of an interesting and exciting game.
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#43 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

So, Deadshot, Dark Mask, and Deathstroke have been reveiled. As far as I can tell, none of them are linked other than that they are all bad and have influence in Gotham.... Here's hoping that the next assassin reveal is Scandal Savage. 

1617187-scandal1.jpg

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

So, Deadshot, Dark Mask, and Deathstroke have been reveiled. As far as I can tell, none of them are linked other than that they are all bad and have influence in Gotham.... Here's hoping that the next assassin reveal is Scandal Savage. 

1617187-scandal1.jpg

Synthia
Black Mask hired all the assassins...
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Justforvisit

1617187-scandal1.jpg

Synthia

Black Mask, pleeeaaaaseeee :P

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

Looks good. I remember when super hero games were never any good. But that's changed now. 

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts

Looks good. I remember when super hero games were never any good. But that's changed now. 

dissonantblack
If only Activision showed this kind of initiative. There are not doing Marvel justice. I wonder what would happen if WB called them out.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts

[QUOTE="Synthia"]

1617187-scandal1.jpg

Justforvisit

Black Mask, pleeeaaaaseeee :P

I was gonna say that as well. :P Gosh Synthia coming in here and not getting that right. :P Anyway, looks great based on the trailer. Might have to consider picking it up.
UtmostAppraise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 UtmostAppraise

Grammaton-Cleric
Vacuous infatuated child.
UtmostAppraise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UtmostAppraise

Arkham City is inferior to Asylum.