Backlog of games before next gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Rockstar-North-
Rockstar-North-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rockstar-North-
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, With the PS4 set to be announced on Feb 20th, have any of you guys got a backlog of games that you want to work through before the next gen consoles? Here's mine: 2012 games: Lego Batman 2 Transfomers Fall of Cybertron Xcom: Enemy Unknown Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse MOH Warfighter NFS Most Wanted RE 6 PSN Games: Flower Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD Journey The Unfinished Swan Mass Effect Crysis The Cave Not a huge backlog but 2013 is going to be banner year for games, this is just my 2012 list. I really want to play what I've missed before the next gen consoles. I'm interested in seeing what games you guys have still got to play.
SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
My backlog is as follows. Uncharted 3. That's it. :D
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
there are always games that i want to go back and play. including just games from this generation that are easy for me to get a hold of, i'd go with black knight sword, flow, and deus ex: hr.
Rockstar-North-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rockstar-North-
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is fantastic! It was my GOTY.
Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Just beat Lollipop Chainsaw this morning...

Playing 

Ni No Kuni right now + God of War 

As of right now I have around 70 games I'd like to playthrough, but realistically that's not going to happen. But before I get a PS4 or next Xbox I still wanna build a gaming PC plus and gonna pick up a Wii U and a 3ds plus get Animal Crossing New Leaf,Monster Hunter For Wii U and 3ds, Pokemon X and Y, Rayman Legends, GoW Ascension, Gears of War Judgement, DMC, Tomb Raider, GTA 5...that's just off the top of my head...so I think I'm Gonna wait to get one of those systems. I am excited to hear more about them though

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is fantastic! It was my GOTY.Rockstar-North-
from your list, i'd recommend journey and flower the most. i played xcom, the unfinished swan, and mass effect and they're all solid games too (i'd probably recommend them in about that order).
Rockstar-North-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rockstar-North-
[QUOTE="Rockstar-North-"]Deus Ex: Human Revolution is fantastic! It was my GOTY.LoG-Sacrament
from your list, i'd recommend journey and flower the most. i played xcom, the unfinished swan, and mass effect and they're all solid games too (i'd probably recommend them in about that order).

Thanks, I'll probably work through the retail games before moving onto the PSN games.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

My backlog is huge....

Red Dead Redemption

Far Cry 3

Mass Effect 3

Borderlands 2

Batman: AC

Skyrim DLC

Prince of Persia

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I have about 200, so yes.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i have too many....just check the link on my sig

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Games I still want to buy before next gen: PS3 Folklore Shadows of the Damned Final Fantasy XIII-2 Killzone 2/3 Lollipop Chainsaw Lego Harry Potter Lego Lord of the Rings MGS4 White Knight Chronicles (maybe) Xbox 360 Just Cause 2 Viva Pinata 2 Dead Rising/Dead Rising 2 Far Cry 3 Elder Scrolls V Fallout 3 Borderlands 1/2 Deadly Premonitions Earth Defense Force (maybe) Gears of War 3 Lost Odyssey (maybe) Condemned 2 Wii A Boy and His Blob Red Steel 2 Endless Ocean 2 Blast Works Fragile Dreams There's also everything from 2013 that has yet to come out. Instead of getting a new next gen console I might just go back to PS2 era games that I missed and PS1 era games.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Current backlog:

• Mass Effect 3
  • Two Worlds 2
  • Binary Domain
  • LA Noire
  • Bayonetta
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Red Faction Armageddon
  • Condemned 2:  Bloodshot (that's been sitting on my shelf for about 2 years now)

Plus almost everything I've downloaded from PS+, and I'm planning to get Lightning Returns, maybe Lost Planet 2, Beyond:  Two Souls, and a few others.

So yeah, I've got my work cut out for me :P

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#13 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I have a lot, going to take a while to get through it,
JiggyJigster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JiggyJigster
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

I've got to complete

• Mark Of The Ninja
  • Shank
  • Bully
  • LA Noire Complete Edition
  • Rage
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Dead Island

Theres probably loads more that I want to play but haven't bought yet.

XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts

Well my steam list is full of unplayed games. I still have to go back to Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee so yeah there's a lot of games I have to play - about 50 games in total, maybe more.

Maybe when I retire in 50 years Ill start playing them.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

Xbox360

AC: Revelations

Bioshock 2

Bulletstorm

Burnout: Paradise

CSI: Hard Evidence

Darksiders

Dead Space

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

F1 2011

FUEL

L.A. Noire

Midnight Club: L.A.

Moto GP 10/11

Mass Effect

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

Red Faction: Armageddon

Saints Row

Soul Calibur V

Transformers: War For Cybertron

A pretty long list. Currently working on 4 games per month, for a challange from an other game-forum I'm on.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SulIy
I'm glad you guys mention Lollipop Chainsaw a few times, it finally hit $19 new, which sounds like about the right price for such a ludicrously short title.
GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I'm not gonna have any part of the next gen.

But I plan to play and finish someday:

• Tales of Graces f (Epilogue chapter)
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Tales o Xillia 2 (THEY BETTER FVCKING LOCALIZE THIS GAME.)
  • Resonance of Fate
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

My backlog, and current-gen list of games to still get, will keep me going until PS4 is selling for $300 or less.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm waiting one or two years before i buy Xbox 720 so i'm not worried about back log.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Apocalypse324

I'm glad you guys mention Lollipop Chainsaw a few times, it finally hit $19 new, which sounds like about the right price for such a ludicrously short title.SulIy
I just beat it last week, paid $15 for it. Id usually feel paying less than $20 any game is worth it, but even at 15 I feel I seriously overpaid for Lollipop Chainsaw. Yes the game is super short, but that's not the reason why. The reason why is because its also incredibly stupid. It did have some pretty amusing.dialogue throughout the game, but that was It. Everything else about the game was pretty much awful

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I'm backlogged so hard, it'll take me 6 months just to finish what I have on hand, and another 6 months to finish all the "must try" stuff I haven't even bought yet like Halo 4.

In between all that, I'm keeping an eye out for Gears Judgement, GTA V, R6 Patriots, and the new Splinter Cell for 2013.

Between that I'll be watching the PS4 reveal on Feb 20 and I'll watch at least 2-3 hours of E3 like I always do.

So yeah, my gaming calendar is packed.

xxBenblasterxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxBenblasterxx
Member since 2013 • 98 Posts

I did have quite an extensive back log of games I'd never touched from 2012, but considering some key releases coming this year ( Judgment, Infinite, GTA V, Monster Hunter) even before our next generation I've had to butcher my list quite harshly so now it stands at. 

Dishonored 

X-com: Enemy Unknown

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SulIy
I just beat it last week, paid $15 for it. Id usually feel paying less than $20 any game is worth it, but even at 15 I feel I seriously overpaid for Lollipop Chainsaw. Yes the game is super short, but that's not the reason why. The reason why is because its also incredibly stupid. It did have some pretty amusing.dialogue throughout the game, but that was It. Everything else about the game was pretty much awfulApocalypse324
I never understood the appeal either, from afar. But it may play better than it looks like it does.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

My backlog goes all the way back to the NES era.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Apocalypse324

[QUOTE="Apocalypse324"]I just beat it last week, paid $15 for it. Id usually feel paying less than $20 any game is worth it, but even at 15 I feel I seriously overpaid for Lollipop Chainsaw. Yes the game is super short, but that's not the reason why. The reason why is because its also incredibly stupid. It did have some pretty amusing.dialogue throughout the game, but that was It. Everything else about the game was pretty much awfulSulIy
I never understood the appeal either, from afar. But it may play better than it looks like it does.

I wish that were true...I'm sure some people enjoy it, but the games a mess, boring gameplay and repetitive as hell. Being as short as it was is really the only reason I was able to finish it. The writing in it was clever and funny at times, which is really.the games only redeeming quality, but after so long even that gets annoying. As I said, Im sure some people enjoyed it, but after playing through it, Im glad I didn't pay more than $15 for itÂ