ATTENTION to those who are thinking about buying gba games from gamestop...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Did you know that there is a chance that gamestop and probably other stores will stop selling gba games, due to the dsi lacking a gba port? That's right, no more browsing through cheap game boy advance games in gamestop. In fact, prices on gba games are dropping, to clear them away. I wish they would continue to sell them, but I guess I might have to miss out. Adding with the fact that I am unable to replace the gba batteries in the carts, I don't want to pay $10 for each gba cart that I want to have for the battery to be changed. This is the rate charged at a store I found called Video Game Geeks. What do you think? Will you run to gamestop and buy all the game boy advance games you want?

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

You know, the batteries in the gba games are only for making game saves. You can still play the games if the battery fails.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hydralisk86

You know, the batteries in the gba games are only for making game saves. You can still play the games if the battery fails.

lazyhoboguy
But some games require save states, right? I don't want to go through golden sun and then turn it off without saving.
Stange13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stange13
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts

Well the only game stores that will quit selling GBA games will be the large corporate ones. There are a number of game stores around here that sell games all way back to NES and earlie. Secondly you can buy a bit for a screw driver that allows you to open your cartridges and change the battery yourself. It would save you allot of money to buy one, they can be found on Ebay and Amazon.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hydralisk86

Well the only game stores that will quit selling GBA games will be the large corporate ones. There are a number of game stores around here that sell games all way back to NES and earlie. Secondly you can buy a bit for a screw driver that allows you to open your cartridges and change the battery yourself. It would save you allot of money to buy one, they can be found on Ebay and Amazon.

Stange13
Yes, but what if I accidently destroy the cart? There are videos on youtube which show you how to change gbc games, but not gba games. Do you know where I can find out how to change the batteries?
lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lazyhoboguy

digitpress.com forums would probably know the answer to this. A lot of gamers into old school systems are on there and topics like this frequently come up.

lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lazyhoboguy
Yea would suck for rpgs. I don't play many of those. But for short arcade style games and games that just save high scores wouldn't matter too much if the battery died.
bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

There probably arent many videos showing how to change the battery because the batteries in GBA games aren't very old and don't run out after a year..

None of my NES or SNES games have dead batteries.

I also doubt Gamestop will stop selling GBA games, after all, they still sell PSX games and stuff like that.

How old are you?

Meska2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Meska2
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
[QUOTE="bbeastieboy"]

There probably arent many videos showing how to change the battery because the batteries in GBA games aren't very old and don't run out after a year..

None of my NES or SNES games have dead batteries.

I also doubt Gamestop will stop selling GBA games, after all, they still sell PSX games and stuff like that.

How old are you?

Yeah, I've seen Genisis,PS1,N64,Gbc. Heck i've even seen Atari 2600 games at this one Ebgames. I was so takin' back by that. So i kinda doubt they will stop selling Gba games just because the Dsi can't play them, maybe not have a full wall dedicated to the gba, but they will still be there. But, if it did happen, i suppose you could just do some running around and searching for them at local used game stores. Thats always fun! : )
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I'm never going to buy a used GBA game again anyways. I had Harvest Moon for like a month and my saved game disappeared. Battery saves are stupid.
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

well if gamestop stops carrying GBA games then i'll get them on amazon or other local stores. I have 2 local stores that sell GBA games, so I'm not worried about it. plus there's always EBAY if you are desparate, but I hate ebay.