Assassin's Creed Unity hit or fail

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

Edited By rockyking
Member since 2005 • 1393 Posts

With all the fuzz about the new AC game and the negative comments online about it , I couldn't help but wonder if this game will be success or a fail .

I will start by discussing the changes between the first AC games.

AC I was unique and fun to play game ( the graphic were amazing , the ability to climb any building was nice and the details of the city were superb ) but it was repetitive ( you only had 4-5 types of mission that you had to play again and again ) , the fighting wasn't so good ( it was very easy and got boring after a while ) and the story was okay but not that great .

AC II was a major upgrade , the story got more interesting , the fighting system improved with multiple weapon every one have different finishing cinematic but the fighting was still too easy just counter and you will win against 20 opponent and Ezio in my opinion was well written and appealing character

AC III got nice new features (like crafting , hunting , the ability to parkour nature and sea battles) but it wasn't complete and I didn't enjoy them , the story wasn't good (maybe that is only my opinion ) and the protagonist in my opinion wasn't very appealing , but i liked the fact that it showed that the Templar goals were sometimes good and how the protagonist struggled with fighting them for that reason

AC IV perfected AC III new features the sea battles were amazing but it didn't felt like AC game more like Pirate simulator , although I admit I enjoyed it a lot ( I consider it the 2nd best game after AC II )

But AC III and IV didn't improve the fighting how was still too easy

I feel AC unity has a lot of potential

1- The parkour seems better but with major rebuilt I afraid it may become broken

2- The stealth in the trailer seems very good , and I agree that it should be there from the first AS game and it feels stolen from Batman Arkham games

3- The removing if counters in fighting makes the fighting more exciting ,

4- The return to AC style of locating the target by multiple small mission and by doing more missions u get people who will help you when the target try to outrun you or when his/her guards try to catch , is a nice feature to promote you to do more small missions but it may got repetitive and very boring like AC I

5- The co-op mission is what scars me the most . It may work well in shooting games but in stealth games if you end up with some player who can't wait to kill the target without strategy it may ruin the whole experience

6- 30,000 people in a crowd is a nice feature especially that they now feel more lively ( Couples hold hands, arguments occur, and fights break out) but with that numbers of crowd it may become hard to run in street without bumping with a lot of passengers

In the end i think that the game has a lot of potential but after past experiences I won't raise my hopes very high

Please tell me your opinions in the comments about the game

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I've never been a fan of the AC series until I played AC4... I generally find them to become quite boring after a while, with repetitive missions etc. AC4 mixed it up with having land & sea based missions, which is why I enjoyed it so much.

And unless Unity mixes things up and offers variety like AC4, I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy it as much.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm hoping the parkour truly is better along with the fighting. At this point everything in Unity appears promising: a return to the series' roots, the alleged fixing of parkour and fighting mechanics, the seamless transition from outdoors to indoors and the co-op addition.

Let's hope the game lives up to everything.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

IMO, Unity looks to be an even bigger realization of what the original AC had originally wowed people with.

Being an Assassin, in dense city(s), moving through (more believable this time around) incredibly large crowds. Truly open environments, like the multitude of buildings that have been fleshed out and can now be moved into and out of seemlessly is a step forward but nothing groundbreaking. Maybe for AC it is.

The avatar movement through the world, parkouring the 3D environs, only slightly altered. Maybe slightly improved. That is yet to be seen from what has been shown publicly---and by that I mean---there are still several animations that seem to completely **** up player movement/momentum in every single game.

Lastly, I'd like to implore anyone who still thinks they're fans of this series to not fool yourselves: Don't expect any improvements to the AI/fighting system. There's a reason this game is such a huge $$$-maker for Ubisoft and it has nothing to do with good AI, everything to do with the lowest common denominator, anything that makes the game easier, for a much larger audience. Expect more heavily scripted NPCs, yes---can do more, but AI? LOL, no.

bookfiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By bookfiend
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

It's one of those games you'll have to wait and see. I'm going to watch TheRadBrad play it on youtube before I make a decision. My expectations are that the story will definitely be terrible, just like all other AC titles. Everything else should be great.

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

It'll be a critical and commercial success. They all are. Even if it's a repetitive mess.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I've never been a fan of the AC series until I played AC4... I generally find them to become quite boring after a while, with repetitive missions etc. AC4 mixed it up with having land & sea based missions, which is why I enjoyed it so much.

And unless Unity mixes things up and offers variety like AC4, I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy it as much.

yeah pretty much this. ac4 was the first ac game to keep me interested until the end.

the early gameplay videos look promising and considering ac4 was so good, chances are it will be a hit. then again, watch dogs looked great too