Assassin's Creed Revelations locations revealed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/05/23/the-places-you-39-ll-go-in-ac-revelations.aspx

Luckily, no more lovely Italy. This time we'll dive into the haystacks of the immense metropolis of Costantinople, an underground city in Cappadocia, the island city of Rhodes (so far only confirmed for multiplayer) and we'll go back to AC1's Masyaf fortress. I welcome this newfound variety: Italy was mighty fine in AC2, but in Brotherhood it all gave a sense of deja-vu that sort of ruined the experience. Now, with so many new locales, Revelations promises to offer something fresh, hopefully with enough new gameplay elements to make it worth our time and also a closure to Ezio's capers.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Doesn't sound that good, but I'll play it anyway.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I remember posting about some of this information in my own AC Revelations post not too long ago. I look forward to it!

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Welcome to two weeks ago? :P

Anyway, the pics in the mag look amazing. Especially the night scenes, very colorful and vibrant. I really like the look of this game. Brotherhood was an upgrade over AC2 and this looks to be pushing the consoles even further.

I also read that Ezio can now create 300 different kinds of grenades. Now that's just awesome.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Isn't Constantinople at that time Istanbul already, or was conquered very recently? That might bring up some very interesting setting, same with Cappadocia, which are at the time hide ground for Christians under Ottoman rule.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

No Italy, no love from me

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Metamania

Welcome to two weeks ago? :P

Anyway, the pics in the mag look amazing. Especially the night scenes, very colorful and vibrant. I really like the look of this game. Brotherhood was an upgrade over AC2 and this looks to be pushing the consoles even further.

I also read that Ezio can now create 300 different kinds of grenades. Now that's just awesome.

S0lidSnake

That's right, Ezio has the ability to make grenades and I think you earn some of the rarer ones from missions that you complete, either from yourself or from the assassin recruits that you ship off for contracts.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Metamania

Isn't Constantinople at that time Istanbul already, or was conquered very recently? funsohng

If I remember correctly, from the Game Informer piece, the game takes place in the year 1511. It was in 1453 when Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II conquered it and made it the capital of the Ottoman Empire. Now under new rule, the metropolis was dubbed "Istanbul" from the Greek phase "eis ten polin", which is literally translated as "in the city." But it wasn't until 1930 when the name of the city changed from Constantinople to Istanbul.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Black_Knight_00
Welcome to two weeks ago? :PS0lidSnake
Hey give me a break, I just came back from Mars! :lol:
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#10 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
The history major in me LOVES this series. They aren't historically accurate, but the locations are always great! :)
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Metamania

The history major in me LOVES this series. They aren't historically accurate, but the locations are always great! :) Amnesiac23

That's one of the positive things about this series that I really enjoy, as in the time they used and how dedicated they are to make sure they are jaw-dropping environments for people to see and enjoy. But what I want them to do better is the figures for the characters themselves. For instance, in Brotherhood, when you stand in a group of people that are talking or laughing, you go into first-person perspective and you don't see a lot of emotion happening, it's all stoic faces really. So I hope they change this for the better in Revelations and hearing about how Ubisoft will utilize the same technology that Rockstar used for L.A. Noire pleases me big time.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"]The history major in me LOVES this series. They aren't historically accurate, but the locations are always great! :) Metamania

That's one of the positive things about this series that I really enjoy, as in the time they used and how dedicated they are to make sure they are jaw-dropping environments for people to see and enjoy. But what I want them to do better is the figures for the characters themselves. For instance, in Brotherhood, when you stand in a group of people that are talking or laughing, you go into first-person perspective and you don't see a lot of emotion happening, it's all stoic faces really. So I hope they change this for the better in Revelations and hearing about how Ubisoft will utilize the same technology that Rockstar used for L.A. Noire pleases me big time.

IMO Brotherhood had the best lips animation I've seen in a game yet. Those smooches have never looked so real. :P

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Amnesiac23"]The history major in me LOVES this series. They aren't historically accurate, but the locations are always great! :) S0lidSnake

IMO Brotherhood had the best lips animation I've seen in a game yet. Those smooches have never looked so real. :P

:lol:

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Isn't Constantinople at that time Istanbul already, or was conquered very recently? Metamania

If I remember correctly, from the Game Informer piece, the game takes place in the year 1511. It was in 1453 when Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II conquered it and made it the capital of the Ottoman Empire. Now under new rule, the metropolis was dubbed "Istanbul" from the Greek phase "eis ten polin", which is literally translated as "in the city." But it wasn't until 1930 when the name of the city changed from Constantinople to Istanbul.

That's what I mean by "Istanbul already". Anyhow, Turkish occupation would make it a fascinating setting nonetheless
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"]Isn't Constantinople at that time Istanbul already, or was conquered very recently? funsohng

That's what I mean by "Istanbul already". Anyhow, Turkish occupation would make it a fascinating setting nonetheless

I know what you meant, but I still wanted to let people know how that happened, since maybe they aren't aware of how it became Istanbul by that time.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00
What I like the most about the new locations is Ubisoft will most likely ditch Ezio's Super Mario accent. Trust me, to us italians that stuff sounds nothing like our language, it's just ridiculous to listen to :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Metamania

What I like the most about the new locations is Ubisoft will most likely ditch Ezio's Super Mario accent. Trust me, to us italians that stuff sounds nothing like our language, it's just ridiculous to listen to :PBlack_Knight_00

I couldn't help but cringe when Ezio's uncle came in, for the first time in ACII, and said "It's a me, Mario!" :|

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

What I like the most about the new locations is Ubisoft will most likely ditch Ezio's Super Mario accent. Trust me, to us italians that stuff sounds nothing like our language, it's just ridiculous to listen to :PBlack_Knight_00

It sounds fine. Both sides of my family sound different. They are from the north and south of Italy.Doesn't mean that there is one "right" accent and one "rediculous" accent. Tell me then, which american accent is the "right" one.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]What I like the most about the new locations is Ubisoft will most likely ditch Ezio's Super Mario accent. Trust me, to us italians that stuff sounds nothing like our language, it's just ridiculous to listen to :PMetamania

I couldn't help but cringe when Ezio's uncle came in, for the first time in ACII, and said "It's a me, Mario!" :|

hahaha yeah exactly :lol: AC2 was the first game in ages that made me consider setting voice acting to italian instead of english
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]What I like the most about the new locations is Ubisoft will most likely ditch Ezio's Super Mario accent. Trust me, to us italians that stuff sounds nothing like our language, it's just ridiculous to listen to :PBlack_Knight_00

hahaha yeah exactly :lol: AC2 was the first game in ages that made me consider setting voice acting to italian instead of english

You know, if I play through ACII again, I may consider doing that.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be cool if Revelations would be voiced with the Turkish language in mind and consider that as an option, since it's going to be in Turkey for the most part? I think that would be awesome! :D

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Metamania"]

Metamania

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be cool if Revelations would be voiced with the Turkish language in mind and consider that as an option, since it's going to be in Turkey for the most part? I think that would be awesome! :D

That would be the funniest s*** ever! An assassin speaking Turkish. But of course if they hire just as good actors as the ones who voiced the French version of AC, it may actually turn out a good voice over after all.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Nice. I need something fresh. Looking forward to it.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] hahaha yeah exactly :lol: AC2 was the first game in ages that made me consider setting voice acting to italian instead of englishCrimsader

That would be the funniest s*** ever! An assassin speaking Turkish. But of course if they hire just as good actors as the ones who voiced the French version of AC, it may actually turn out a good voice over after all.

As long as they do that, then I'm fine. But if it turns out bad, then it's better to play the game in English.