Assassin's Creed Origins?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LittleAngryDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 LittleAngryDog
Member since 2018 • 263 Posts

Are any of you playing Assassin's Creed Origins? How is the experience of playing this game? It's a good game? .

Do I need to play the previous games to understand the story?

I've never played Assassin's Creed for finding it boring. But this latest release seems so much more interesting that I'm curious to buy

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Its excellent game. The story is a bit meh, but otherwise totally great experience.

You do not need to play the other AC games first, because this one is so different from the rest.

Everything in the game works really well, from camelback fighting to levelling up to exploration.

You dont need to grind because you get enough XP form side quests and exploration.

One thing you do need to do is hunting for crafting materials. So that you can craft your equipment stronger. I found this great fun, but others thought it bit of a chore...

All in all, one of the best games to come out last year. Must buy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

The game is good and the protagonist is likable enough.

You don't need to play previous games (in fact, it might be better if you don't) because, chronologically in the game's lore, this would be the first game. It's just not the first game by release date.

As a long-time AC fan and player, however, I found the departure from previous game mechanics to what is now a hack-and-slash game a bit disappointing. It's still a great game and I recommend it, it's just not an AC game at its core.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@littleangrydog said:

Are any of you playing Assassin's Creed Origins? How is the experience of playing this game? It's a good game? .

I've never played Assassin's Creed for finding it boring. But this latest release seems so much more interesting that I'm curious to buy

Not played it myself yet, but from what I have heard from friends who do play it, it´s a return to the form after the shit that was Unity and Syndicate and 3.

Also, you do not need to play the previous games to understand its story anymore, it was needed up until Ezio´s end, 3, Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate all run kinda their own way.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Great game and experience. Definitely worth the play. It gets the once great franchise back on track after the disappointing Unity and Syndicate.

You don't have to play the other games to get into it, but you are missing out on some great games if you don't play at least AC 2 through Black Flag.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

The ending of the game left me with sour taste. While the game is great, full with leveling up, great battle system, and decent story, the ending is just bad. I'm not going to tell you the story, but the final missions just shits on everything you leveled up. The final missions uses set up weapons and armor, making all the effort to obatain them as an "RPG" worthless. "why did I get those items if the game doesn't let me use them in the final mission", this question hitted me like a bomb.

The game also has huge open world, but about 5-6 areas of the world are just an empty desert, with no side quests. Just, nothing. Waste of money if you ask me (of Ubisoft).

But AC Orgins is still good game. It has the best battle system in the series. The characters are second only to Black Flag's characters, and if you like animals, the game will be a blast for you (It was for me, as I really like crocodiles and hynes, which are everywhere in Orgins).

EthanMitchel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EthanMitchel
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

@littleangrydog: There is so many Assasins creed... so everyone tired of this game i think

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

You don't need to play previous games (in fact, it might be better if you don't) because, chronologically in the game's lore, this would be the first game. It's just not the first game by release date.

As a long-time AC fan and player, however, I found the departure from previous game mechanics to what is now a hack-and-slash game a bit disappointing. It's still a great game and I recommend it, it's just not an AC game at its core.

you've softened your stance! i've seen you rip the game to shreds in other posts. now you think it's good and recommend it... what changed your mind?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

you've softened your stance! i've seen you rip the game to shreds in other posts. now you think it's good and recommend it... what changed your mind?

If I ever said it was a terrible game, it was probably right after it came out haha. Rage makes you do terrible things, like take video games seriously, for instance :D

I still stand by my main point--the fact it has regressed to a hack and slash deal, as opposed to the stalk-and-assassinate of previous games that were superior, is a large negative--but as a game it is still quite a bit of fun. And Egypt is damn cool!

Basically it's the "Splinter Cell: Conviction" of the series; it has diverged from the original (not evolved, diverged) to be almost unrecognizable from a gameplay standpoint, but it's still a good game.

I really just hope the next AC game is a current-era one and they wrap things up. Time to put the series to bed, end on a high note.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Macutchi said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

If I ever said it was a terrible game, it was probably right after it came out haha. Rage makes you do terrible things, like take video games seriously, for instance :D

ha i know the feeling. i was outraged when blacklist came out. conviction was a tough pill to swallow but i just about managed it. blacklist was a step too far and i was furious that ubisoft had put the final nail in the coffin of my beloved splinter cell!

you're a generally positive and glass-is-half-full kind of guy when it comes to games, so when i saw you slating origins i thought shit it must be really bad! i'm sure it won't weigh too heavily on your conscience that your comments on the game have cost ubisoft a sale

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

It's probably my 2nd favourite in the series, after Black Flag. It's really good.

The ending is awesome too.

gsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gsekai
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

assassins game i ever played and finish it is only assassins creed 3, i want to tray this origins as well.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I didn't like how the mechanics suddenly changed. I did like the game story. But I struggled with the mechanics and found it not so enjoyable.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

The series really needed a fresh start like this. The old formula had been used up, and there was nothing left to do with it.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

I haven't played it myself but I'll definitely look into it when it goes down in price/on sale. The Discovery Tours seem interesting.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

I have played it for 15 hours, went to Alexandria, assassinated a bunch of baddies and then gave-up. Is it a good game? That depends on what you are looking for. If you are interested solely in gameplay mechanics and/or wandering through ancient Egypt, then perhaps yes (but for the latter I guess you can simply buy that virtual tour mode that Ubisoft released recently), but if you are looking for something more, then perhaps no. Really, AC: O stands out from all AC main franchise games, because this game is action-rpg-esque. I did not like it so much, because it was very repetitive, the story was really really mediocre (and starts in the middle somewhere), the combat mechanics was atrocious for me, the levelling system was awful (you die, if some mob is two or more levels above you), no combo-kills etc. The world is kinda... I don't know, yes, it's filled with stuff, but also bear (I don't know how to explain it, but I notice this with many open-world games. The world is built for you, but all together it is lifeless). The side missions most of them are your generic fetch or kill quests without any thought put to them.

I would say no, cause it's a rehash/reboot of AC.

I found it as boring as AC1. In my opinion, wait for a huge discount.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

I guess my question for you is: have you played Witcher 3 yet? Because I'M currently really enjoying AC:O, but the story of Witcher 3 is way more compelling. Do you like open world games? (Side quests, exploration, looting, crafting weapons and armor, etc). The Witcher 3 is AC:O's biggest influence, so its fair to compare the two. I may make a thread about it. But I'm curious if you've played W3 before talking about AC:O.