Are you sick of fake "survival" horror games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Okay, this generation of gamming is lacking in the Horror department imo. Sure there are games like RE5, Deadspace, Condemed, ect ect. But something that has gotten under my skin lately is that whenever a game comes out that is suppose to be a Survivavl Horror game, it always just ends up being a Horror game.

See lets look at Deadspace, that game is apparently a "Survival" Horror, but I want to know where is the Survival element? People argue with me when I say Deadspace is not a Survival Horror game, and that it is just a Horror game. They always ask me why, and whenever I say it is because you can purcahse weapons ect ect they get angry and they sit there and try to beat around the bush telling me it is still a Survival Horror even when in certain "Survival" Horror games you can purchase these things like ammo,weapons,health. It does not make sense, you would think that if a game was going to be a "Survival" Horror they would make you scavange for weapons and ammo, like in Condemed or Resisdent evil 1-3, instead of letting you purchase these items conviently at your local Vendor/Vending Machine.

Now when ever I bring up the old purchase excuse, my arguer always says "yeah well you still have to survive from eniemes". Okay well how about for now on any game you play where you have to fight eneimes we slap on "survival" to it. So mw2 is now a Survival FPS, Red Dead is now a Survival Sandbox and so on and so forth. I would like to see what other people's opinions on the subject are, and thank you for reading lol.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#2 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
So the one difference of scrounging for ammo versus buying it from a machine makes it not survival? I disagree. In Dead Space, you're still scrounging for the money to buy these things. It just adds one extra step in the acquisition of ammunition, but uses the same mechanic: you're still scavenging to find ammunition.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I see you point but as far as Dead SPace is concerned I would say its the best in the genre this gen. I wouldn't use Condemned or the older RE games as examples either, the former since I found it highly disappointing and the latter because they were never very hard or horrifying, although if you had said Silent Hill 1 or 2 were u had a focus on melee early on I would agree.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#5 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
I think games give people too much freedom these days which cause people to nitpick about which genres they fall into. My first playthrough of Dead Space was on hard with just the plasma cutter. It was definitely survival horror. On my second playthrough i knew where most of the monsters were, where all the money was and was able to use better weapons so it wasn't that difficult anymore. It really didn't feel too threatening anymore. In other words if you want to play the game and make it like a survival horror game, you most certainly can. if you know where everything is and what happens next then it's really just a 3rd person horror game.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Melpoe
So the one difference of scrounging for ammo versus buying it from a machine makes it not survival? I disagree. In Dead Space, you're still scrounging for the money to buy these things. It just adds one extra step in the acquisition of ammunition, but uses the same mechanic: you're still scavenging to find ammunition.Gammit10
I see where your coming from with the fact you still have to get money/ammo, but what really made games like Silent hill or Resident Evil fun and frustrating is that since you could not purchase weapons, you might miss and not find certain weapons. I might be thinking while playing Resident Evil "man I wish I had a more powerful weapon then this pistol" and then I find out later that thanks to my unexploring instincts, I completely missed out on a certain weapon and I have no hope of retrieving it since im to far into the game.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#7 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts
It pisses me off how Resident Evil 5 is labeled as a Survival Horror game.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
[QUOTE="Gammit10"]So the one difference of scrounging for ammo versus buying it from a machine makes it not survival? I disagree. In Dead Space, you're still scrounging for the money to buy these things. It just adds one extra step in the acquisition of ammunition, but uses the same mechanic: you're still scavenging to find ammunition.Melpoe
I see where your coming from with the fact you still have to get money/ammo, but what really made games like Silent hill or Resident Evil fun and frustrating is that since you could not purchase weapons, you might miss and not find certain weapons. I might be thinking while playing Resident Evil "man I wish I had a more powerful weapon then this pistol" and then I find out later that thanks to my unexploring instincts, I completely missed out on a certain weapon and I have no hope of retrieving it since im to far into the game.

So, making things hard to find and less accessible, also frustrating, makes a game better? And therefore more in line with a survival horror game? From the way you've described Dead Space, I see no reason as to why it wouldn't be apt to be described as survival horror. SH has more to do with the interaction with the atmosphere and enemies, and the difficulty in obtaining weapons. Being able to buy weapons from a dispenser doesn't mean that said weapons aren't difficult to obtain.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#9 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Dead Space is the best survival horror gme I've ever played, hell, its the best game I've ever played. Never has a game made me feel so nervous.

Cloud-Zehro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Cloud-Zehro
Member since 2010 • 919 Posts
I'm not sure why, but I just don't share that feeling of fear that you guys had while playing Dead Space, I actually thought it was pretty stupid... I'm still psyched for Dead Space 2 and I liked the concept, but the game just put a fear factor into me, more so frustrated me due to the lack of ammo. If it was real life? Sure, I'd be scared out of my mind with low ammo and a ton of ugly looking monsters coming at me, but this is a game and no game should throw you a shortage of ammo and say go take them out, games like the early SH and Fatal Frame series were amazingly creepy if you ask me.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts
I don't know if I'd classify Dead Space as survival horror, since you're an armoured guy armed to the teeth with powerful guns and telekinetic powers. Sure, there were times when you ran out of ammo, but for the most part you could blast your way through the enemies fairly easily without having to worry too much about 'survival'. It was more of a horror-action game, although even then it wasn't particularly scary, so...it was a horror-themed action-adventure game, like RE5? Then again, I think this formula could have a strong emphasis on survival when done right - like with Alone in the Dark 5, which really had you scrounging for innovative ways to kill the hordes of otherwise-unkillable enemies. Alternately, first person games like Penumbra and the upcoming Amnesia are keeping the survival horror genre alive.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#12 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I don't know if I'd classify Dead Space as survival horror, since you're an armoured guy armed to the teeth with powerful guns and telekinetic powers. Sure, there were times when you ran out of ammo, but for the most part you could blast your way through the enemies fairly easily without having to worry too much about 'survival'. It was more of a horror-action game, although even then it wasn't particularly scary, so...it was a horror-themed action-adventure game, like RE5? Planeforger

I found Dead Space to be scary-- that game had me jumping every few seconds and taking it slow out of suspense.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I would go as far to say games like Dead Space aren't even "horror" to begin with. As they use gore, extreme violence and jump scares to "frighten" the audience, when in fact atmosphere, tension and dread play more to being "horrific" than anything that Dead Space uses.

I know that I was more frightened during the hotel sequence in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth than at any point during Dead Space. The major problem with horror games these days is that they have essentially become gory shooters, instead of relying on the tried and true methods of instilling dread in the player (such as making a sound that unsettles the player, but it not having a verifiable source and eventually that source is discovered, and it wasn't what the player expected).

If you are interested, I hear the Penumbra series is especially frightening and stays true to the "horror" ideal (in that once you are discovered, its game over). I haven't got into the games yet, as I am on other games and still need to finish Dark Corners of the Earth.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts
"See lets look at Deadspace, that game is apparently a "Survival" Horror, but I want to know where is the Survival element?" i thought Deadspace did the survival element pretty good but had no horror
T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

but i still like my dead space :)

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
If in a game you need to survive in a horror setting then does that not define the therm "Survival horror"?
KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

I don't know how anyone could make a game a true "survival" horror.

Having a Sandbox horror - maybe set in a town - with a day/night cycle, where the day time is spent doing missions or quests, gathering ammo and exploring, while the night time sees you running around the landscape, literally trying to survive the enemies (zoms/monsters/Dead Space type things) with your limited ammo (which you gathered from stores in the day) and health (which is determined by your food in your inventory) until the morning comes. Maybe then the game would actually fit the "survival" element. There would have to be some form of tactical thinking and/or rationing of supplies to stay alive, in order to fit with a "survival" tag.

Maybe they should ditch the "survival" tag and stick with "horror". That or massively ramp up the difficulty and heavily restrict our ammo.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts
Brb playing the Penumbra series.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#20 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

I would go as far to say games like Dead Space aren't even "horror" to begin with. As they use gore, extreme violence and jump scares to "frighten" the audience, when in fact atmosphere, tension and dread play more to being "horrific" than anything that Dead Space uses.

I know that I was more frightened during the hotel sequence in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth than at any point during Dead Space. The major problem with horror games these days is that they have essentially become gory shooters, instead of relying on the tried and true methods of instilling dread in the player (such as making a sound that unsettles the player, but it not having a verifiable source and eventually that source is discovered, and it wasn't what the player expected).

If you are interested, I hear the Penumbra series is especially frightening and stays true to the "horror" ideal (in that once you are discovered, its game over). I haven't got into the games yet, as I am on other games and still need to finish Dark Corners of the Earth.

foxhound_fox

the hotel portion in CoC:DcotE played out just like the book or the movie Dagon. it was an amazing part of my gaming life. I'm so glad i barely made it throufh in my first try. i don't think i would have had the same impression if it took 2+ tries to get through it.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muthsera666

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

smerlus

the hotel portion in CoC:DcotE played out just like the book or the movie Dagon. it was an amazing part of my gaming life. I'm so glad i barely made it throufh in my first try. i don't think i would have had the same impression if it took 2+ tries to get through it.

I definitely need to get back to playing that game. I didn't make it any further than sneaking through the police barricade a minor bit of exploring. I was too terrified.

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
I agree TC. Dead Space is not survival horror. I wouldn't even call it "horror", its just a shooter with jump-scare tactics. Resident Evil, before it went all weird, was a survival horror. Scarce ammo, fierce enemies, very small windows of opportunity, etc. Those things are what make a game survival horror. Surviving when every odd is stacked against you. Making every shot count. Not having easy access to gun that can simply eviscerate enemies. And a game does not need to be unbalanced to be survival horror, it just needs to make the player feel like their back is against the wall the entire game. Dead Space, nor any other games this generation, accomplishes that. Giving the player a gun that can one-hit kill and then allowing them to purchase ammo at their leisure does not give the player that feeling.
chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
I think the only major flaw with your argument is that none of these games try to pass themselves off as Survival horror, and therefore cannot be deemed "fake" survival horror games. Resident Evil took a wild turn with its fourth installment, focusing on a more close-up, third-person shooter style camera view and was received excellently, if not unanimously acclaimed. With Resident Evil 5, they embraced this idea of an action game rather than a Survival Horror game, and made it based on those fundamentals, not the fundamentals of a Survival Horror game. A third-person shooter can have horror elements such as zombies, monsters, and supernatural activity. Does this mean that the game instantly deserves a "Survival Horror" title? No. I think the real problem you may be having here is that so few survival horror games are actually made today with the intent to create a scary, traditional horror experience, and that I can definitely agree upon, but developers realize that there is such a large market behind the action-adventure genre and create new games to match what they expect in sales. Unfortunately, they will not target classic Resident Evil oldtimers, and so few Survival Horror games are made. So, if you complain about horror games today being released and not having the base of a Survival Horror game, then you can't blame the third-person shooters that are known as Resident Evil 5 and Dead Space, because to be put simply, they were never survival horror games, nor did they show themselves off as.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I know that I was more frightened during the hotel sequence in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth than at any point during Dead Space. The major problem with horror games these days is that they have essentially become gory shooters, instead of relying on the tried and true methods of instilling dread in the player (such as making a sound that unsettles the player, but it not having a verifiable source and eventually that source is discovered, and it wasn't what the player expected).foxhound_fox

Agreed, although despite being brilliant at times, even Call of Cthulhu turned into a shooter in the end.

If you are interested, I hear the Penumbra series is especially frightening and stays true to the "horror" ideal (in that once you are discovered, its game over). I haven't got into the games yet, as I am on other games and still need to finish Dark Corners of the Earth.foxhound_fox

I bought the trilogy a while back and never even finished the first game. Not because it was bad, not at all - more because it was very unsettling. :oops:

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

I'm still going to be the first person to make an open world zombie game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxhound_fox

If in a game you need to survive in a horror setting then does that not define the therm "Survival horror"?Treflis

With that logic, every game becomes a "role-playing game" because you "play a role" in it. :?

smerlus

I just finished reading an anthology of Lovecraft's stories a few days ago (unfortunately, not a complete anthology) and was surprised at how much the hotel sequence was taken straight from the book (The Shadow Over Innsmouth, my favourite of all the stories). Though, I have to admit, the game's interpretation was far tenser and far more unnerving than the book, as the protagonist in the book made it through it without letting anyone get into a room with him. Back when I played Dark Corners, it took me over an hour of attempts to get it right.

Gnosis13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Gnosis13
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts

The only difference between survival horror and horror is in survival horror you not only worry about when you might encounter an enemy, but also about if you will be able to fight that enemy.

In the earlier Resident Evils you not only had to scavange for ammo,you also had to consider if engaging was a good idea because something much worse could be coming.

With horror, you only have to worry about when you will be attacked due to the fact that weapons and ammo are most often lying about everywhere ( RE:5, Dead Space, etc ).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 foxhound_fox

[...] In the earlier Resident Evils you not only had to scavange for ammo,you also had to consider if engaging was a good idea because something much worse could be coming. [...] Gnosis13

tl;dr version:

Crimson Heads.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
To be honest i love dead space. Is it a scary game? No, but its theme is horror. Is it a survival game? No, bot because you can buy ammo, thats fine, but because you litteraly find ammo everywhere. To be honest games nowdays just dont wanna be scary, i take a look in the past and i hate the devs nodways for mainstraming everything so some people who get scared easilly can play those games. I mean, i wanna play a horror game and it does not try hard enough to be scary, yet there are people "wow, i could not play this game, it was too scary" Sorry if i offend someone, but it really pisses me off. I wanna be scared damn it.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foxhound_fox

I wanna be scared damn it.dakan45

Try:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
System Shock 2
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Penumbra series
Cryostasis
Alone in the Dark series
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Fatal Frame series
Siren series
Condemned: Criminal Origins

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45
From those the ones that were scary were System Shock 2 Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth Penumbra series Condemned: Criminal Origins I have not played siren, fatal frame and eternal darkness. What about that wii game, red mountain or something? Also cold fear was a bit scary.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Come on guys, "survival" horror is a marketing term to sell the first Resident Evil, not a genre. At best, it is a sub-genre, and one that is not as popular as it used to be. Also,a genre classification has nothing to do with quality. If a game isn't scary, it doesn't matter. What matters is what the game is trying to do, not whether or not it succeds. If I play Resident Evil and am not scared, it doesn't cease to be a horror game.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

Firstly, the term survival horror was coined by Capcom back when they released the first Resident Evil on the PS1 and since then it has been adopted into the gaming lexicon to denote titles that share similar structure and themes. The narrow definition that some of you are claiming as definitive is anything but and as a point of fact the genre is quite broad and always has been, including all sorts of games and mechanics. It's also important to note that Capcom has clearly broadened the notion of what constitutes the genre of survival horror (as it is there right to do given they created the term and evolved the genre) with several of their own offerings, dating as far back as Dino Crisis 2 (much more action-centric than the first) and more recently RE4 and RE5.

This notion that true survival horror must fulfill some sort of pre-determined recipe in order to qualify as authentic is merely the postulations of gamers who don't enjoy the current crop of survival horror titles, which is fine but not particularly academic when deconstructing or analyzing the genre. Some of the definitions being dropped in here suggest that some of you have very specific requirements when categorizing the genre but those specifications have no real weight beyond personal taste because again, we are dealing with a relatively broad genre that includes all manner of games. Recent efforts such as Alan Wake, RE5, Dead Space, and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories are all easily classified as survival horror because they all contain the base elements that qualify them as such, specifically a horror theme and combat/survival mechanics.

What's interesting is that some of you also cite the delineation between different types of horror, including "jump scares" versus more dark, disturbing themes and imagery. I would actually argue that none of the RE games have ever been particularly scary but were more about tension and anticipation rather than instilling any real sense of psychological fear. By contrast, the Silent Hill games have been more about minutia and the subtleties of psychological horror, with an emphasis on surrealist aesthetics rather than the oft-utilized tropes occupying the RE games. Truthfully, these two prominent franchises couldn't be more disparate and yet I would classify both as survival horror along with everything in between because again, genre labels are merely for the purposes of broad and easy classification.

That's my two cents on the issue.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I don't know how anyone could make a game a true "survival" horror.

Having a Sandbox horror - maybe set in a town - with a day/night cycle, where the day time is spent doing missions or quests, gathering ammo and exploring, while the night time sees you running around the landscape, literally trying to survive the enemies (zoms/monsters/Dead Space type things) with your limited ammo (which you gathered from stores in the day) and health (which is determined by your food in your inventory) until the morning comes. Maybe then the game would actually fit the "survival" element. There would have to be some form of tactical thinking and/or rationing of supplies to stay alive, in order to fit with a "survival" tag.

Maybe they should ditch the "survival" tag and stick with "horror". That or massively ramp up the difficulty and heavily restrict our ammo.

KlepticGrooves

STALKER games do that.

Preaty fun running trough a forest at night and seeing glowing dogs all around, then running over an opening and a huge 2 legged meat ball charges at you...
You say "to hell, mah pimp'd M16 with teh foregrip, sight, barrel and stuff will make short work of him"
*ratatatatatata... reload... ratatatata.... reload.... ratatata....*
"crap..."
*run away like a little girl*

And eaven better when a bloodsucker jumps into your face out of nowhere :D.
"ima just walking around... doing nothing"
*zap...*
"................................ oh my ****ing god wat the hell!!!!!"
*game over*

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 muthsera666
[QUOTE="dakan45"]I wanna be scared damn it.foxhound_fox
Try: Cryostasis

I picked that up a couple of weeks ago, but I need to check to see if it will run on my PC...
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Melpoe
[QUOTE="clayron"]I agree TC. Dead Space is not survival horror. I wouldn't even call it "horror", its just a shooter with jump-scare tactics. Resident Evil, before it went all weird, was a survival horror. Scarce ammo, fierce enemies, very small windows of opportunity, etc. Those things are what make a game survival horror. Surviving when every odd is stacked against you. Making every shot count. Not having easy access to gun that can simply eviscerate enemies. And a game does not need to be unbalanced to be survival horror, it just needs to make the player feel like their back is against the wall the entire game. Dead Space, nor any other games this generation, accomplishes that. Giving the player a gun that can one-hit kill and then allowing them to purchase ammo at their leisure does not give the player that feeling.

I found Condemed (1) to feel alot like a survival horror, I do not know if you ever played it though.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dakan45
Please, stalker sucks enough as it is. No need to support its terra weak weapons for survival elements points.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I agree with TC, and especially the games he mentioned ^^

Some of those might be Horror games, but there is no "Survival" aspect in them.

You are rarely if ever in a tight posision with ammo, and you pretty much always have ample ability to fight back. Ammo is not scarse atleast not to the point where you have to chose to fight or run.

In deadspace I Pretty much just stuck to 2 weapons upgrading them and restocking on ammo, worked well... too well... it was just a corridor shooter, with nice atmosphere no survival... not at all.

I have not playied alot of this gens horror games through based on this, and I find it embarrasing that small obscure Devs (well pubs more like I take it?) Like Tripwire, grasps the concept better in "fun" games then most survival horror games do.

Example:60 shots for a shotgun vs, 200 enemies... simple concept, works better then most survival games in that aspect, every shot counts, you simply can NEVER afford to waste ammo to make potshots.

It was like that in the good old days in Survival horror games aswell. Alone in the dark (the first ones) Silent hill (combat was sort of a last ditch panic thing to do), RE, and the list goes on. You had limited ammo, and fighting were not really the best course of action on alot of cases.

Nowadays it is pretty much "oh monster" *blows it away* In my oppinion it doessnt just take away the survival aspect, but also the horror aspect?

Afterall what is the scariest? A posessed -insert monster, horrorthemed creature here- Or the big bad man with a huge freakin gun blowing it away with a smile?

well, there was the new silent hill game, where you could not fight at all... I did think that game was fairly good come to think of it ^^

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 muthsera666
Please, stalker sucks enough as it is. No need to support its terra weak weapons for survival elements points.dakan45
Blasphemy! S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was and is a great game. :)
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Please, stalker sucks enough as it is. No need to support its terra weak weapons for survival elements points.muthsera666

Yeah it was, but it really pisses me off when they pass it as anything. "Its a great fps" "its a great open world game" "its a great horror game" guess what, now its a "great survival horror game"
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Please, stalker sucks enough as it is. No need to support its terra weak weapons for survival elements points.dakan45

Yeah it was, but it really pisses me off when they pass it as anything. "Its a great fps" "its a great open world game" "its a great horror game" guess what, now its a "great survival horror game"

Ah, I see your point. It's the assignment of different genre titles that bothers you.