AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

After a boring show of EA's announcement panel at E3 we move on to Microsoft's Conference at E3. Last year Microsoft really killed the stage with all of their fantastic announcements and hype that they threw at the fans. This year looked to be even better having some big name developers come up to the stage to talk about some of their biggest announcements, some of which I wasn't expecting. So here were the announcements that Microsoft has unleashed on their panel.

The Outer Worlds

The panel starts off with the announcement of The Outer Worlds a First Person Action RPG from Obsidian Entertainment. The setting and the gameplay showcased looks pretty good and it looks really pretty to look at as well. It is coming out for PS4, XBox One and PC on 25th October 2019.

Bleeding Edge

Afterwards Rahni Tucker & Dom Mathews from Ninja Theory came up on stage to talk about their partnership with Microsoft. Afterwards they talked about their newest game Bleeding Edge, the game is a 4 on 4 online multiplayer action game and what was shown was pretty good so far. They announced a technical Alpha which starts on 27th June 2019.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Next announcement was Ori and the Will of the Wisps which is a sequel to the 2015 game Ori and the Blind Forest. It is a Metroidvania style platform game developed by Moon Studios. The gameplay showcased looked really good and I enjoyed some of the monster designs. It is confirmed to be released on 11th February 2020 on XBox One and PC.

Minecraft Dungeons

Next trailer that was shown was Minecraft Dungeons from the creators of Minecraft. It is a Dungeon Crawling action game which is very similar to Diablo and the gameplay shown for it is also pretty good. It is confirmed for a Spring 2020 release.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Trailer

Afterwards Phil Spencer came up on stage and gave his speech about the XBox Console brand and then we are hit with a trailer for the upcoming Star Wars game Jedi Fallen Order. It is showing a lot of promise compared to previously released Star Wars this generation. It is truly a next generation Star Wars game with the gameplay previously shown on EA's panel.

Blair Witch

Next to be shown was Blair Witch which is a survival horror game, not much was explained aside from it taking place in a forest which is haunted with monsters and it will be in First Person. It will be developed by Bloober Team and it will come out on August 30th for PC and XBox One.

Cyberpunk 2077

A game that has been in a long development cycle for a while at last we finally have a release date for it. The trailer shown was really impressive and what gameplay it showed looked pretty promising so far, afterwards John Wick himself Keanu Reeves came onto the stage not only to give information on the game, going to give his likeness to Johnny Silverhand a character in the game and also show another trailer showing a release date. It is coming out on the 16th April 2020 for PS4, XBox One and PC.

Spiritfarer

Another game announced was Spiritfarer which is simulation where you manage a ferry and have to manage all of things around it and also transport the dead across the magical seas. It is announced for a 2020 release on the PS4, XBox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Battletoads

Last year we were giving a sneak peek trailer at the new Battletoads game that was being worked on and now we get another trailer showing some gameplay and the graphics on that are incredible and the gameplay is impressive. It has all of the giant fists and so on alongside super difficult riding stages which will be fun with three players in couch coop. It is confirmed for a 2019 release on the XBox One.

The Legend of Wright

This game has the looks of a kids colouring book and the animations for it are pretty solid and well done. It's gameplay is good but it is hard to describe it cause it looks like it changes it self constantly. It is coming out in 2020 for XBox One and PC.

ID @ Xbox

Independent game developers announced a series of different indie games that are coming out this year and 2020. These games are Dead Static Drive, Pathologic 2, Star Renegades, Afterparty, TABS, The Good Life, CrossCode, Creature In the Well, Killer Queen Black, Riverbond, Unto The End, Blazing Chrome, Felix the Reaper, Undermine, Supermarket S*H*R*I*E*K*, Secret Neighbour, I Ken Fell, The Lord of the Rings Living Card Game, Night Call and Totem Teller. All of these can be gotten with the launch of the XBox Game Pass that they talked about in the show. They even got Sarah Bond on stage to talk about the XBox Game Pass, she announced other popular games that are coming to the Game Pass like Batman Arkham Knight, Metro Exodus, Hollow Knight and Borderlands The Handsome Collection. She also talked about XBox Game Pass for PC which will PC players to experience some of those games Including the announced Halo Master Chief Collection with Halo Reach coming to PC as well. She also announced a Master Pass which can also be used to access to all of the available XBox Games. All of which looked really promising.

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Now here is a classic game from PC era, Microsoft announced a return of Microsoft Flight Simulator which allows you to fly your dream plane. It is announced for the XBox One and PC.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition

Another PC returns as the next announcement is Age of Empires II Definitive Edition which is a remake of Ages of Empires II which was a brilliant strategy game. It will all of the content including an all new campaign. It is announced to be released for the XBox One and PC.

Wasteland 3

Next announcement is Wasteland 3 which is a sequel in the Wasteland series of games. It is a squad based RPG with many different weapon options, plus the game will have a multiplayer component as well. Announced for the XBox One and PC in 2020.

Psychonauts 2

Afterwards Matt Booty Head of Xbox Game Studios and Double Fine's Tim Schafer came onto the stage and talk about Double Fine's partnership with Microsoft and they showed off the anticipated Psychonauts 2 which has been on the ideas list for a while. The trailer showcased looks really good and the gameplay is looking great so far. It is announced for a 2020 release.

Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga

Another Lego game release and this time it is all of the Star Wars movies combined so that means it will include the Clone Wars story, the old trilogy storyline and the new movie storyline. It is going to be released in 2020.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot

So the new Dragon Ball Z game announced finally has it's final name announced which is Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. It's graphics engine looks sick and the fighting engine so far shown in the trailers looks really incredible and I can't wait to see how it actually turns out. It is planned for an Early release in 2020.

12 Minutes

Another announcement is a game called 12 Minutes which is a interactive crime thriller played from a top down perspective. It is coming soon to XBox One and PC but no release date yet.

Way to the Woods

The next game to show is Way to the Woods which is a game from Anthony Tan. The trailer showcased incredible graphics and the storyline for what it showcased is pretty light hearted and enjoyable. Announced for a 2020 release.

Gears 5

Gears 5 was a game that was announced at E3 last year and we did see plenty of the storyline but this year we got more announcements for it. It will have a new mode called Escape and also the game is scheduled to be released for Windows 10 and Xbox One on 10th September 2019 as part of Xbox Play Anywhere. They also showed at the end a crossover with the upcoming film Terminator Dark Fate will have players control either Sarah Connor with Linda Hamilton voicing her character or a T-800 Terminator model as either a pre-order bonus or with Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. That's right Terminator, just incredible stuff.

XBox One Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

These kinds of professional Elite Controllers have been crawling all over game stores and yeah many of them are good while others are just garbage. This special Elite Controller is pretty much some of the Elite Controllers on the PlayStation 4 but at least the bottom triggers allows you to quick access to certain actions in games. You can also decide what sticks you want and the responsiveness of the triggers as well as setting up certain profiles.

Dying Light 2

Another game that was announced back in 2018 and the previous trailer showcased it's setting pretty well and this year we got to see some gameplay from it. It is now announced for an Early 2020 release although I am not pleased that Square Enix is involved with this game. I don't know if this going to be any better then the original Dying Light.

Forza Horizon 4 Lego Speed Champions DLC

On with the next game announcement and that is DLC for Forza Horizon 4 and to surprise it is going all out with Lego with Lego Speed Champions. It is going to add Lego themed cars and maps in the game which is pretty cool for Lego fans. It comes out on 13th June.

GEARS Pop

Here is a little cute take on the GEARS franchise put a few GEARS characters with an adorable pint sized look and each of them look cute and adorable. It is a Touch based game for the iOS and Android and the gameplay shown for it is really good.

State of Decay 2 Heartland

Last year players where left with a disappointing sequel that was State of Decay 2 which really didn't do anything to improve on the original game. Heartland is said to have a bigger storyline then the main game and also features different paths that players can take with the storyline and it is much harder then the main game. It is available now with XBox Game Pass.

Phantasy Star Online 2

Phantasy Star Online is one of the most important online games in the gaming industry which led to so many online MMOs that followed in that game's footsteps. Phantasy Star Online 2 was a game that has remained a Japanese exclusive for 7 years. Now this announcement said that Phantasy Star Online 2 is finally coming to the west in Spring 2020 for America although unconfirmed for Europe at this time. It's likely that SEGA will announce a European release in the next coming weeks or months.

CrossFire X

Phil Spencer came up once again to talk about Phantasy Star Online 2 before then talking about the partnership with Smilegate to bring the popular tactical First Person Shooter CrossFire to the XBox One with CrossFire X. It didn't show gameplay but the trailer was okay.

Tales of Arise

That's right fans we have a big announcement for the next Tales of game and I fought to myself “There was no way that a Tales of game would appear again this E3.” Boy did I eat my words when I saw the title Arise at the end. Tales of Arise has showcased so many changes from the previous Tales of game Tales of Berseria, showed off two of the main characters and oh my god everything about it just spills incredible. The graphics engine used for this is incredible and seriously the landscapes look gorgeous, the battle system looks like it is free roaming. With the PS3 technology out of the company's sight they have the full power of the PS4 and XBox One to focus with this latest entry. This new Tales of game looks like it is going to completely deliver brilliantly and I seriously can't wait for more announcements and words about this game. As a Tales of fan I seriously think that the changes they are going to make will completely shape up the future of the franchise. Why wait for the announced Final Fantasy VII Remake when this Tale Arises above and beyond all other games in the genre. It is announced for a 2020 release for the PS4, XBox One and PC just in time for the Tales Series 25th Anniversary.

Borderlands 3

A game that has gotten plenty of hype for a while and has been talked about for a while now. It has all of the gameplay for a loot shooter and has characters returning from previous games including the hilarious Claptrap robot even if some of the characters won't have the same voice actors this time.

Elden Ring

Another game being worked on by the Dark Souls developers at From Software so I can expect this to be another extremely hard that is programmed to crush you no matter what.

Project Scarlett

Phil Spencer once again comes back on stage to talk about the new future of the XBox brand. He then decided to talk to us about their new console, so far it is called Project Scarlett and the engineers of the company is looking into how they can make the new console 4x more powerful then the XBox One X and the resolution and frame rate can be taken to new levels as well as finding a way to deal with loading screens to ensure that we are always in game at all times. It would be nice to see what they could possibly achieve with the Scarlett. It is announced for Holiday 2020.

Halo Infinite

Lastly to end the whole show off they showed off another trailer for the latest Halo game Halo Infinite. We get to see Master Chef once again following what happened after Halo 5 Guardians in the Reclaimer Saga. The trailer looked really incredible and we seriously can't wait to rejoin the Chief once again.

What did I think of the Microsoft E3 2019 Conference?

It was a really incredible conference from Microsoft, loads of announcements of new games that are coming this year and 2020 and even some of the top developers and stars like Phil Spencer and Keanu Reeves have come on to the stage to talk about some of the games announced.

What did I like about the Microsoft E3 2019 Conference?

A lot of good games that were shown on here. My favourites were Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, Cyberpunk 2077, The Outer Worlds, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, GEARS 5, Halo 5 but my favourite of them all is the all new Tales of game which looks to be one of the most incredible looking Tales of game I have seen yet.

What did I not like about the Microsoft E3 2019 Conference?

Some of the games announced didn't show much gameplay while some others didn't have proper release dates.

If you enjoy what I do on this channel then please subscribe to see more.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

Game On!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

Xbox killed it at e3 if we are all being honest with ourselves. Personally not too keen on what they're planning with Halo though. Going for a very God of War IV direction.

Yet grabbing Double Fine seems really cool, I wish them to make great games. New Battle Toads looked absolutely awesome, Gears of War 5. . . And an actual Fall Out game worth being interested in (The Outer Worlds)

Just an overall good showing. Seemed to have a game for everyone as well.

A lot of people give Microsoft a hard time, and sure never bought a Xbox One myself. But I'm certainly interested in what comes to the Microsoft store, and knowing more about Xbox Scarlett on equal terms to the PS5.