AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 422

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 869 Posts

So, I watched the latest Nintendo Direct which was for February 2023 and there were announcements of games for the Nintendo Switch that were coming out throughout the first months of 2023. First, they announced roadmap plans like Fire Emblem Engage, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3 and they are going to focus on Expansion Passes. There was some gameplay shown of the upcoming games previously announced like Pikmin 4 alongside new gameplay reveal for Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon, Dead Cells Return to Castlevania and also another trailer for Zelda: Tears of a Kingdom.

There were some new games announced, first was Samba de Amigo: Party Carnival, Fashion Dreamer, Tron Identity, Ghost Trick Phantom Detective a game that originally came out for the Nintendo DS is coming to the Nintendo Switch. There was also Deca Police a crime focused RPG from the developers at Level-5, Disney Illusion Island is a new game in the Disney Illusion series of games, Harmony: The Fall of Reverie, Octopath Traveller 2 announced a playable demo that you can check out, We Love Katamari REROLL + Royal Reverie, Sea of Stars also announced a playable demo, Omega Strikers, Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection is an HD remaster of the three Nintendo DS Etrian Odyssey games, the third Etrian Odyssey game will finally see a European release for the first time seeing as that game never came to Europe before. Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp gets a release date, Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe, Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games are joining the Nintendo Switch's Online Service, Metroid Prime Remastered is coming alongside improved modern controls and updated graphics for the Nintendo Switch console. Master Detective Archives Raincode has a release date, Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remastered is an updated remaster of two J-RPGs that were on the Nintendo Gamecube. Fantasy Life is getting a new game in the form of Fantasy Life: The Girl Who Steals Time, an all-new entry in the Professor Layton series marks the franchise's debut on the Nintendo Switch with Professor Layton and The New World of Steam. Lastly the announcement worth mentioning was Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass is coming with map of Yoshi's Island and Birdo as a playable character.

My favorite announcements where Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection because you get three Etrian Odyssey games updated to suit a modern audience that allows for more easier and more balanced gameplay plus Etrian Odyssey III will finally see a release in Europe. The second was Metroid Prime Remastered because they finally updated the controls which also suits a modern play style now because the original version were difficult to get the hang off and hasn't aged all that well but players can use the old control scheme for nostalgia's sake. I am however surprised that they announced only a remaster of the first Metroid Prime and not Metroid Prime 2 & 3, maybe in future they'll announce those as well. Deca Police looked really cool and I would like to try it out. By far the most interesting announcement and one I think makes the most sense is the announcement of Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games being added into the Nintendo Switch Online Service. They announcement that more Game Boy Games will be added in the future, I do like the beginning set of games they announced like the Mario Land games, Tetris and Zelda Link's Awakening DX but to my surprise they announce of all games the Game Boy Color port of Alone in the Dark The New Nightmare. This is showcasing now that because that the Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo Wii U are having their Eshops closed in March that Nintendo is offering more chances to get Game Boy Games going on a newer platform. If we can get more popular Game Boy Games like Pokemon aside from the Trading Card game they also announced and so on than we finally have more reasons to get the Expansion Pack for the Nintendo Switch's Online Pass. I'll look forward to other classic games they are able to put onto the service now.

Written by Anthony Hayball (AQWBlaZer91)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11683 Posts

Watching this Direct hurt my wallet. More classic games locked behind a terrible subscription & its premium counterpart. The price for Metroid Prime Remastered physically made me angry, just the one game. . .

Sea of Stars continues to impress me every time I see it. Getting that game without a shadow of a doubt. It's a love letter to Chrono Trigger, who wouldn't be up for that?