anyone know any 2D sprite fighting games for PS1/PS2/DC? cuz im collecting them

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

hey guys/girls

im a fuge fan of 2D sprite fighting games and i love them wayyyy better than any current gen fighting games (SSF4 and MVC3 im looking at you!)

so far whats in my colloection, and my favorites....

last blade (ps1) last Blade 2 (DC)

i have the Alpha series (PS2), SF3 series (DC), and the VS series (DC)

king of fighters X1, 2000/2001, 2002/2003, and the Orochi Saga

i tried to get Mark of the wolfs for DC but i cant seem to find it anywear (i check almost every retro gaming retail store in the city and nothing)

anyways could you guys give me any suggestions as any good 2D fighters you use to play or still play till this day worth mentioning?:D

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

It doesn't get much better than "GUITLY GEAR" in my opinion.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

hey guys/girls

im a fuge fan of 2D sprite fighting games and i love them wayyyy better than any current gen fighting games (SSF4 and MVC3 im looking at you!)

so far whats in my colloection, and my favorites....

last blade (ps1) last Blade 2 (DC)

i have the Alpha series (PS2), SF3 series (DC), and the VS series (DC)

king of fighters X1, 2000/2001, 2002/2003, and the Orochi Saga

i tried to get Mark of the wolfs for DC but i cant seem to find it anywear (i check almost every retro gaming retail store in the city and nothing)

anyways could you guys give me any suggestions as any good 2D fighters you use to play or still play till this day worth mentioning?:D

LP4EVA2005

Man, i love 2D fighting games. By vs. series do you only mean Marvel vs Capcom? Anyway, here are some that you don't have:

Guilty Gear series (X, XX, XX Reload, XX Core Plus, etc.)

Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo Edition

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Darkstalkers 3

Also try to get your hands on the Real Bout series & Fatal Fury series, they are fantastic series that no human should miss. I suggest getting the Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1 & Vol 2, which are cheap and for the PS2.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
@ Lucianu sup man, yea i meant VS in MVC and in Capcom VS SNK. and hell yea! JoJo bizarre adventure! i use to love playing that game in the arcades.damn i cant beleive i forgot that one, thanks. yea darkstalkers i might not get cuz i already have the PSP version and im not really feeling it. yea im deff getting Guilty Gear also just not sure which system to get it on. which is the best GG game in your oppinion?
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@ Lucianu sup man, yea i meant VS in MVC and in Capcom VS SNK. and hell yea! JoJo bizarre adventure! i use to love playing that game in the arcades.damn i cant beleive i forgot that one, thanks. yea darkstalkers i might not get cuz i already have the PSP version and im not really feeling it. yea im deff getting Guilty Gear also just not sure which system to get it on. which is the best GG game in your oppinion?LP4EVA2005

I got my copy of GGX2 Reload for free with a magazine years ago, the PC version. I loved every second of it, i played it to death. Even loved its story mode, and every character. It supports gamepads, higher quality of visuals & very high resolutions, i think its a perfect port and a perfect introduction to start with.

But many other fans have said that the best version isGuilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus for the PS2, which is basically a improved version with more content.

kingmav222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 kingmav222
Member since 2004 • 493 Posts

Not sure if these were released on those systems but the Samurai Shodown series are worth a look at, especially 2.

coltard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 coltard
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i would personally recommend world heroes anthology for ps2. its a great collection of old 2d neo-geo arcade fighters. lot of fun.
sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

GGX for DC is also a great game and SOOOO beautiful when displayed via VGA.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

It doesn't get much better than "GUITLY GEAR" in my opinion.

TheKungFool

Was just playing some "GGx2" last night. Definitely if you're collecting sprite-based fighters you need those Guilty Gear games... Bridget for the win!

:D

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

two that you must get are NEO GEO Battle Colussium and King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match for the PS2.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#11 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

For the PS2, you can get CvS2 and SF Anniversary. But if you have a PS3 or 360, you might as well get Third Strike Online instead of SFA.

For the DC, you can get SF Alpha 3.

For the PS1, the only worthwhile 2D sprite game is Alpha 3. All the other games are hampered by the limited RAM. Alpha 3 was pretty much a miracle, but even that game isn't arcade perfect.

By the way, I fully support your sig.