Anyone else iffy about how Umbrella Chronicles will turn out?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nad_oh_henry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nad_oh_henry
Member since 2003 • 555 Posts
Don't get me wrong, the RE series is one of the best out there and RE4 was probably one of my favorite games of all time. But with the new Umbrella Chronicles coming out, it'll definitely be tough to compete with it. And the way it looks so far, i'm not sure it'll be all that good. For one its on rails...so you don't move at all u can just tilt the view in a direction but not actually control the movements. And second you can't see the weapons you're using...there's only a cursor on the screen that moves but you can't actually see the weapon you're using as you fire. Im curious to see how itll turn out when it does come out but for now i'm not very convinced itll be all that great.
PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
it look's good but i have my doubt's
Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts
Nah, I love arcade light gun style shooters...
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

I don't think anyone really has any idea how it will turn out. It's just such an unusual move for the RE series and could honestly go either way.

I'm just a little turned off by the graphical limitations, e.g. zombies walking right through blowing curtains, or falling down and occupying the same space as another dead zombie. Other than that, it looks fantastic, but again, we don't know until we play it ourselves.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
I'm sure it will be a good arcade/light-gun shooter.It looks great, should have a good story, andall the early videos haveimpressed me.Now whether or not you like those types of games is a completely different story.
VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

Don't get me wrong, the RE series is one of the best out there and RE4 was probably one of my favorite games of all time. But with the new Umbrella Chronicles coming out, it'll definitely be tough to compete with it. And the way it looks so far, i'm not sure it'll be all that good. For one its on rails...so you don't move at all u can just tilt the view in a direction but not actually control the movements. And second you can't see the weapons you're using...there's only a cursor on the screen that moves but you can't actually see the weapon you're using as you fire. Im curious to see how itll turn out when it does come out but for now i'm not very convinced itll be all that great.Nad_oh_henry

I personally wouldn't that comparison. Their gameplay is not in the same league, IMO so I don't think a direct comparison simply due to the fact that their both have the name "Resident Evil" is fair or warranted.

I really don't care too much for the game right now (though i'll try it out), but I am concerned about its performance with consumers as Capcom has said that the possibilty of older REmake-esque Resident Evil Remakes as well as new canon Resident Evil content on the Wii depends largely on how Umbrella Chronicles performs. I personally don't think they're being fair with the Wii by using an on-rails shooter performance to guage interest and potential in traditional canon content, but thats the reality of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Well, everyone is iffy about how this game will be. It seems like you're making the mistake of putting this game on the same playing field as the true RE games, like RE4. If you compare this game to those games, and have expectations that high, you WILL be let down. I guarantee. This is not a true RE game, other than story-wise. Its not going to be even close to what RE5 will be.

I find it weird that there are no reviews for this game yet. Its coming out tuesday, right?

VMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 VMan
Member since 2003 • 4940 Posts

Well, everyone is iffy about how this game will be. It seems like you're making the mistake of putting this game on the same playing field as the true RE games, like RE4. If you compare this game to those games, and have expectations that high, you WILL be let down. I guarantee. This is not a true RE game, other than story-wise. Its not going to be even close to what RE5 will be.

I find it weird that there are no reviews for this game yet. Its coming out tuesday, right?

EdgecrusherAza

Thats exactly the point I'm trying to make above about Capcom not being fair with Wii Residen Evil content.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Capcom has said that the possibilty of older REmake-esque Resident Evil Remakes as well as new canon Resident Evil content on the Wii depends largely on how Umbrella Chronicles performs. I personally don't think they're being fair with the Wii by using an on-rails shooter performance to guage interest and potential in traditional canon content, but thats the reality of it.

VMan

That is incredibly lame of them, imo. That's like trying to judge if its worth making a new Halo based on how Halo Wars sells. Its not even the same type of experience.

I would hope that they instead look to the 1 million copies shipped of RE4 Wii Edition, as a guage to tell that there is an audience there.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
[QUOTE="VMan"]

Capcom has said that the possibilty of older REmake-esque Resident Evil Remakes as well as new canon Resident Evil content on the Wii depends largely on how Umbrella Chronicles performs. I personally don't think they're being fair with the Wii by using an on-rails shooter performance to guage interest and potential in traditional canon content, but thats the reality of it.

EdgecrusherAza

That is incredibly lame of them, imo. That's like trying to judge if its worth making a new Halo based on how Halo Wars sells. Its not even the same type of experience.

I would hope that they instead look to the 1 million copies shipped of RE4 Wii Edition, as a guage to tell that there is an audience there.

Besides that, it will hurt RE5 as it has the same engine as RE4/umbrella chroniclesso making more games with the same engine will make people feel sick of it before they even tryit!

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts

From the first time I saw gameplay vids of Umbrella Chronicles I have been raising my objections to any form of hype, I can almost guarantee the game will disappoint. The animations, physics, AI and general gameplay all look sub-par, the reticule itself seems very 'floaty' and unwieldly. I will not be at all surprised when the 6/10s come rolling in, if they game was not part of the Resi Evil franchise I am certain it would score even less.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
It looks alright, nothing special. But I suppose if you're okay with light gun type games and want a concentrated anthology of the resident evil world all in one hit, you can't go wrong. I don't expect it to review very well though.