Anyone else blown away by the Ghostwire Tokyo trailer?

Lebowski1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lebowski1
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts

Best of E3 for me. Love the new abstract-realist design work coming out of Japan, in the vein of Death Stranding. There is also the collab with RR Martin but for me Ghostwire stole the show.

Would link the vid now but im on my phone. Also found the presentation from the creative director to be utterly charming. But of course the game is a complete mystery at this early stage, but im a huge fan of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture so naturally the theme appeals...

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I'm worried that this game will likely to be a battle royal crap like PUBG and Fortnite. Even Fallout 76 will have BR mode someday. Another disappointment is no gameplay footage were shown, only CGI cutscene instead,

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@lembu90 said:

I'm worried that this game will likely to be a battle royal crap like PUBG and Fortnite. Even Fallout 76 will have BR mode someday. Another disappointment is no gameplay footage were shown, only CGI cutscene instead,

Huh? Really? I highly doubt it.

But I thought it looked cool. But I want to see gameplay!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

The setting looks fantastic I wonder if it will be a cross gen game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

I've enjoyed every game from Tango Gameswork, they really make survival horror games I enjoy. The Evil Within 2 is also one of my favorite games this generation cycle. If it wasn't for ResiRemake 2, would probably top my lists.

The change of management for GhostWire Tokyo also got me pretty excited.

For the trailer? Not really. If it followed with a short preview of actual gameplay? my opinion may have vastly changed, but it didn't. shame

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#7 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It looks great. Probably won't get around to playing it anytime soon though. Wanting to get through a big enough backlog as it is.

portaplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By portaplays
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

Coming off the Evil Within I highly doubt it will be a battle royale. The trailer focused on being alone and the eerie empty Tokyo. With Tango Gameswork I expect a 3rd person action horror thing. Granted I don't know a lot about Tango Gameswork.

Trailer looked amazing but hard to tell what the gameplay will be from a CGI thing

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I was also really hooked by it. We don't know enough about the game itself yet, but I'll be following this closely

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Without gameplay there isn’t much to talk about yet but YES that presenter was suuuuuper cute and I hope the game is good. : )