Any body gets over hyped about a game then when it comes out its a huge let down

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SeanCris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SeanCris
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

I hate when i get really hyped for a game and and turnes out to just be okay. I was so hyped for the release of dante's Inferno turns out it was okay but didn't reach what i thought it would be despite it looking like a god of war three clone i actually like good clones of good games. WHAT GAMES LET YOU DOWN AFTER BEING HYPED FOR IT.

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

Sacred 2 left a lot to be desired. It didn't hook me in like I thought it would.

Niks-Greed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Niks-Greed
Member since 2011 • 87 Posts

Black Ops!!! Campaign was fantastic i loved it. Multiplayer on the other hand.. i gotta go back to my mw2 cuz its much more boss then black ops.. Although i do love the tomahawks ^_^!

AndromedasWake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AndromedasWake
Member since 2010 • 256 Posts
Fable 2 & 3. Neither one delivered on the promise of the original, and were mediocre games wrapped up in novel ideas, none of which are executed very well.
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#6 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

Fallout 3 big let down for me never bother to finished it. :(

SeanCris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SeanCris
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
yea i agree with you on that.
spawnassasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spawnassasin
Member since 2006 • 18702 Posts

FFXXIII
GTAIV
Fable 2
Fable 3
Mass Effect 2(not a huge letdown but i did over hype it)
Mercenaries 2

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

kramer_inc

I loved the story on fallout 3. Combat and everything was a joke tbh. I was excited for the release of Dynasty warrions gundam. Since I played some great gundam games oin ps2 but it wasa just a major let down

Smug_Duckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Smug_Duckling
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

kramer_inc
Maybe it's because I never played the original Fallout games but I thought that Fallout 3 was an amazing game. From a fresh perspective into the series, I thought it actually wasn't that bad. I usually pick up games a while after they've been out so I don't really get excited as soon as the game hits the shelf.
smchacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 smchacko
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

Metroid Other M

... I thought it would blow me away, but so far it's just ok.

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts

Fable 3 is the greatest culprit for me :(

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Fabe 2 and 3 definitely... hate the direction they went in those games...

ArchonOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ArchonOver
Member since 2010 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="kramer_inc"]

Smug_Duckling

Maybe it's because I never played the original Fallout games but I thought that Fallout 3 was an amazing game. From a fresh perspective into the series, I thought it actually wasn't that bad. I usually pick up games a while after they've been out so I don't really get excited as soon as the game hits the shelf.

It is because you've never played the first two. It's like going from fancy, expensive resturants to McDonalds.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII was the worst. HUGELY hyped, and then I got it. Two hours into it and I said to myself "This is the worst gameplay I've ever experienced in my entire life." After 15 hours I had pretty much lapsed into a monotony-induced coma. At least I got twenty bucks for trading it in.

Gran Turismo 5 is the latest example. Oh man, that was supposed to be the greatest racing game the world had ever seen! But it's just GT4 in hi-def, with a lot of my favorite tracks missing and not nearly enough career events.

Fallout 3 was another. Just so, sooooooo many problems with that game. Sure, if you can overlook all that it's a great game, but c'mon, you can't overlook all that.

Red Dead Redemption - another very good game, but the story and gameplay were far from satisfying.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#17 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

For me, it was Alan Wake...So much hype for this psychological thriller and at the end, i was fairly disappointed.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Dragon Age: Origins would be the last game I was really hanging out for, only to find the actual game play mechanics boring as hell. I like the origin part of the game for each character, but I found once they're complete the actual game is boring as hell.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Happened to me with Borderlands which I followed for two years.
XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII :x for me it was very disappointing, still have nothing but love for Square Enix though.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#21 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

perfect dark zero left its mark , 10 yrs ive waited 1000 dollars down the tubes-- it was comin on gc then went xbox had to get that then finally 360 , so ya all adds up to 1000 i spent waiting for thsi game to come out and i was big time let down so much i dont care bout the next pd game that ever comes out

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

GTAIV was a let down for me. San Andreas was fun and enjoyable and had graet music and customization GTAIV was lacking in these and was fairly boring and stop with the constant phone calls geez.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

I don't really hype anything lol, I have very good predictions for games I want, so far I've never been let down :) All my friends called me stupid for not hyping Naughty Bear but I KNEW it was gonna be **** (that was one of my easier predictions xD)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
occasionally but not that often, games come out all year and if one I thought had potential ends up being not worth playing, I can usually get over it because something else will end up being quite satisfying and I pretty much get over it
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

GTAIV was a let down for me. San Andreas was fun and enjoyable and had graet music and customization GTAIV was lacking in these and was fairly boring and stop with the constant phone calls geez.

darklight4
in older GTAs you had no cell phone , maybe thats why you didnt recieved as many calls :D
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
Force Unleashed 2 for me, all the previews and stuff I read about it made it sound like it was THE next best star wars game and what Force Unleashed 1 should have been. I could barely hold my excitement when I saw that Gamespot finally reviewed it, only to find out that its actually worse than its predecessor. The very thought of how they ruined it still saddens me.
chicknfeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chicknfeet
Member since 2004 • 15630 Posts
GTA games after Vice City...the ones on consoles, not necessarily the handhelds MUA2...I expected so much from that game after playing the first one and was so disappointed after i played it CoD Black Ops...I bought it for my cousin and watched him play it for a while. I just didn't see any difference between it and the previous installment
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

darklight4
That and crysis, i expected something like far cry and thats ONLY what i did not get.
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
That's why I've stopped hyping games. I haven't read/watched a preview in over a year. I even skip most trailers. No more huge disappointments, just positive surprises.
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes sometimes it is hard not to fall into the trap of being overhyped about a game. Then to be disappointed when it is released. Halo ODST and Halo Reach. I love the Halo series 1,2,3 but despite being set in the same universe. These 2 games were good on their own merits But..

Maybe I just expected to much?

Evilmeanie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 Evilmeanie
Member since 2010 • 423 Posts

[QUOTE="Smug_Duckling"][QUOTE="kramer_inc"]

ArchonOver

It is because you've never played the first two. It's like going from fancy, expensive resturants to McDonalds.

Yeah, Fallout 3 sucked so much that it got game of the year awards and sold extremely well. It sold so well, in fact, that it's follow-up was cast from the same mold. I played Fallout I & II when they were originally released. They were awesome games. Fallout 3 was a worthy successor and did a lot of things to advance the series. Totally different from the first two, but well done. FWIW, I still haven't gotten New Vegas... yet. EM
00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchonOver"]

[QUOTE="Smug_Duckling"] Maybe it's because I never played the original Fallout games but I thought that Fallout 3 was an amazing game. From a fresh perspective into the series, I thought it actually wasn't that bad. I usually pick up games a while after they've been out so I don't really get excited as soon as the game hits the shelf.Evilmeanie

Yeah, Fallout 3 sucked so much that it got game of the year awards and sold extremely well. It sold so well, in fact, that it's follow-up was cast from the same mold. I played Fallout I & II when they were originally released. They were awesome games. Fallout 3 was a worthy successor and did a lot of things to advance the series. Totally different from the first two, but well done. FWIW, I still haven't gotten New Vegas... yet. EM

Fallout 3 was fun for maybe 20 hours but then it became a chore to put the disk in, that's just my opinion...

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Hellgate London: after buying that pile of trash I haven't bought another game on hype.

VAAC84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VAAC84
Member since 2009 • 54 Posts
Fable 2 & 3. Neither one delivered on the promise of the original, and were mediocre games wrapped up in novel ideas, none of which are executed very well.AndromedasWake
These. Had a blast with the first, thankfully never bothered with the other two.
ubpoker123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ubpoker123
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 I almost did this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZEICSz_aLU

Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts
I haven't gotten overhyped about anything since The Phantom Menace.
Ritard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 Ritard
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

[QUOTE="darklight4"]

AmnesiaHaze

in older GTAs you had no cell phone , maybe thats why you didnt recieved as many calls :D

Just to be a jerk, I'll point out that CJ had a cellphone in SA.

OT: Gran Turismo 5 (while good) is not nearly as good as its 5 year production time would normally warrant.