Amazon Prime is now offering pre-release and new games for 20% off on all titles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Link

Pretty sweet deal. Prime members already get release day shipping for free, and now if you pre-order a game or buy it within two weeks after release you get an automatic 20% off. Note that you won't see it in the store as it's applied at checkout before you pay.

Score one for physical media!

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#1  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Stop pre-ordering games. Make them earn your money. Otherwise, they will just keep rushing games and releasing unfinished and broken products. If you want the discount, make sure you buy it within the 2 weeks after release (if the game is worth it).

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Byshop  Moderator

@BassMan said:

Stop pre-ordering games. Make them earn your money. Otherwise, they will just keep rushing games and releasing unfinished and broken products. If you want the discount, make sure you buy it within the 2 weeks after release (if the game is worth it).

I'm not "anti pre-order" but I certainly consider it to be a bit of a gamble so obviously it's always "buyer beware". Fool me once and I won't be fooled again (I'm looking at you, Egosoft).

-Byshop

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BassMan  Online

@Byshop: It is so hit and miss though.... You look at a game like Mad Max and it was a solid release. Then, you look at a game like Just Cause 3 and it was a disaster. It is the same developer. It is sad how these broken and unfinished products get pushed out the door. No respect for the consumer. I blame the publishers. They are not managing the projects properly and allocating enough time and resources for the developer to finish the games properly.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Sweet. My Uncharted 4 Libertalia Collectors Edition may be the last game I pick up at Gamestop then. It's still sold out on Amazon.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Byshop  Moderator

@BassMan said:

@Byshop: It is so hit and miss though.... You look at a game like Mad Max and it was a solid release. Then, you look at a game like Just Cause 3 and it was a disaster. It is the same developer. It is sad how these broken and unfinished products get pushed out the door. No respect for the consumer. I blame the publishers. They are not managing the projects properly and allocating enough time and resources for the developer to finish the games properly.

X: Rebirth was the biggest pre-order disappointment for me (and just about everyone else who bought it). Known series, known developer, but they decided to change everything and they ruined the game for pretty much everyone who liked the series.

-Byshop

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

I pretty much never pre-order due to the same reasons most people are against it these days. But given this also applies to games that have been out for 2 week or less, and Prime already has launch day shipping for the few games I would pre-order (Dark Souls 3 is probably the only game this year I'll pre-order), It's nothing but awesome for me. Already being a prime member it all but guarantees any game I want a physical copy of will be ordered through Amazon.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

It's too bad the only game I would preorder has been sold out for a couple of months.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#9 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

Nice. Too bad I rarely preorder anymore. Not enough funds lately.

Nirogol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Nirogol
Member since 2015 • 511 Posts

@BassMan said:

I opened a topic about that which wasn't got a lot of attention, so agree with you, I don't know if particularly the pre-order cause this negligence about the last years games functionality. but it's a shame, almost no games coming out without a pack of fixes about a month after the big release "event". pre-order is so unnecessary these days.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BassMan  Online

@nirogol: You should join the Steam group that Klunty created...

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stoppreorders