After Titanfall: genres youd like to mix in with FPS ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

After Parkour and mechbattle. you'd think there's nothing else FPS could do (besides go back to Unreal style shooters. *fingers crossed*)

But playing it makes me think there's potential for more genre-meshing, especially in 'sci-fi mad max' settings provided the dev does it right.

• Maybe a 'Hildalgo' style multiplayer deadly-cross country race, where fuel, ammo dwindle and make players more desperate to take each other out. (Kinda Road Rash but with bigger transportation in a sandbox world, and monsters)

• Maybe a FPS that has elements of the city builder 'banished'. You fortify your city, feed your troop, and then play tower defense, when the demons and army come in.

• Maybe something more 'Oregon Trail'ish in dangerous terrain. ' (still sounds like Hidalgo but more Single player) living out of your vehicle and investing everything you kill or scavenge is meant to patch up you sensitive vehicle or mech.

What sorta gameplay styles, vehicles unique missions or objectives would you like to see, evolve the FPS?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Puzzle is the Only answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

Card games.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@syztem said:

Card games.

Didn't they sorta do that with Phantom Dust? Found that a bit annoying that fights could come down to what upgrades spawned first.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lulu_Lulu

@ geniobastardo

It would cause alot of Motion sickness and part of Hack n Slash is being able to see the cool moves you do. You just won't have that in 1st person.

I wish all the Stealth Sections in the Batman games were in 1st person. That would be much much better and would compensate for being able to see enemies through walls.

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ geniobastardo

It would cause alot of Motion sickness and part of Hack n Slash is being able to see the cool moves you do. You just won't have that in 1st person.

I wish all the Stealth Sections in the Batman games were in 1st person. That would be much much better and would compensate for being able to see enemies through walls.

that's the problem isn't it?

It's not like people haven't tried to attempt martial arts in first person (on which hack and slash would be founded)

I.E.

• mirrors edge

• the forward flip mechanic in Tactical Intervention

• Wireframe mode in Tekken 2 (which still shows your character's back)

Say if somebody wanted to make a more playable and better looking successor of John Woo: Stranglehold. With a more complex punch and kick fight system, melee moves, gun play with accurate aiming, wall-running and matrix flips, The closest you could logically get is Over The Shoulder perspective. Most players would still have to see what they're doing to effectively lead their enemies in.

Which is kinda funny considering, when people learn these moves and choreograph them for a computer in reality. Its in first person.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu

I really need to play this game ASAP and I was really hoping the Sequel wouldve gone the way of Portal by having a special dedicated co-op mode complete with splirscreen instead of getting the Open World treatment which pretty much guarentees there will be no Splitscreen co-op or co-op of any kind.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

@platinumking320 said:

Maybe a FPS that has elements of the city builder 'banished'. You fortify your city, feed your troop, and then play tower defense, when the demons and army come in.

-I've seen stuff half-assed like this but, never something good. This formula done right sounds like it would be really fun.

-I'd like to see a Shooter RPG that takes the concept further as-well actually implementing various skills you have to use in fight (A.K.A like hotkeys 1-8).

-Maybe some kinda shooter/moba combo could be interesting

-More interesting settings, stories, etc. I'm sick of military/Sci-fi/zombies

-Overall i'd like to see someone try to change the formula in some way every shooter at the core is played the same way I'd like to see some kind of mechanic change.

-Just literally any interesting genre combo im down for.

The whole genres gotten extremely bland to me and i could care less for it. The only ones that can even hold my attention these days are TF2 + CS but, I barely even play those these days.