FredSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By FredSC
Member since 2023 • 57 Posts

Have you ever played a game excitedly reaching the end, only to be disappointed when you got there? If so, what was the game and why did you not like the ending?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

If I'm not having a good time with a game, I'm never getting near the ending (unless it's demo length). Been like that for many years now.

The final game I gave a chance up until the end (and regretted) was Dragon Age: Inquisition. That was a miserable experience.

Games should be fun.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I found the ending to Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando to be very anticlimactic. Especially because the stories are usually pretty well thought out and effective. I literally said to myself, wait there must be more. It felt like the cut something out at the end.

FredSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FredSC

@RSM-HQ: I agree 100% games should be fun, and when there is fun involved with a beautiful plot, we will feel like playing it until the end without any fatigue or pressure, I think this is the biggest challenge in games

FredSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FredSC

@ratchetclank92: maaan, I already felt that way, I don't remember the game, but it was on the PlayStation One, I finished the game and when the movie ended, I thought "Ok, there must be more..." And no, there wasn't, it was just an ending horrible 🤦🏻‍♂️

HanzoDiamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HanzoDiamond
Member since 2023 • 26 Posts

Maybe at that time I would say Batman Arkham Asylum just for the reason I expect too much. But luckily we have Arkham City and Knight. Love that Trilogy. Asylum just feel to short for me like the gameplay itself like you really feel like you are "Batman" but the story ending is lackluster the fact that it has the best voice-overs.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3399 Posts

Not really, most things related with writing in games I don't care too much for. I mean, I love good writing but bad writing is what I expect from most games.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

God of war ragnarok. The whole last level and ending was really anti climatic.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

truth be told i thought elden ring ended anti climatically.

after everything that came before - radahn (pre-nerf), malenia, lichdragon fortisaxx, both astels, mohg, maliketh, rykard, the death rite birds (the big ones), ball bearing hunters... the last boss fight was not the crescendo it needed to be.

a key reason was they chucked about a dozen bosses at you in that final stage of the game (i didn't like how they did that either tbh) so there was definitely an element of boss fatigue there, but radagon and the second phase against the elden beast were just unremarkable and downright forgettable when compared with what had come before

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#10 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I've been disappointed plenty of times by a game's ending. I've only been 'stopped in my tracks' disappointed a handful of times, most notably for me is probably Mass Effect 3.

I also remember being extremely disappointed with the entire end sequence, about the final hour, of Dead Space.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Most games are disappointing to me long before I get to the end. I generally don't waste my time and just mothball them, to be played later when I get through my back catalog or perhaps never at all.

Conversely, I will finish games I know are poorly written or will be disappointing. Hell, Mass Effect 3 wasn't even that big of a disappointment to me and apparently everyone hated those ending/s 😋I enjoyed the ride too much to care about the destination.

I don't know what people expect: video games can have good stories; the thing is, they usually don't. Your average made-for-TV ScyFy movie has more plot.

Avatar image for deactivated-642c1157b8e80
deactivated-642c1157b8e80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-642c1157b8e80
Member since 2023 • 262 Posts

Halo 2. Holy what the crap that was awful. It just stopped. There was no ending.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Zelda: Orcarina of time.