A call to Bungie to revisit their Fallen Lords and Souldblighter roots

This topic is locked from further discussion.

methodium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 methodium
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts

So .. just as my topic says ! Now I know most of you out there know Bungie from their juggernaut Halo and the whole Halo series . I , personally , have only played the first one during lunch hours at my last place of employment . But I do not recognize Bungie by this game ( and I know Halo is good and I'm not mocking it by any stretch ). I recognize Bungie by a different gem of a series and that is Myth . I did not have the chance to try the first chapter ' The Fallen Lords' but I most certainly didlose enough sleep and hours of my life to the fabulous second chapter Myth II Soulblighter . Myth III could have been so much more but the series was turned over to Mumbo Jumbo and that is where it's flameburned out . Any readers who relished in the King of the Hills , Steal the Bacons and Territories can reflect on the devistation of a dwarf dropping satchels at death into flames , a perfectly played wight plunging his dagger into his chest , Trow kicking dwarves and molotovs thrown only to fizzle out at the last second .... the game had so much random factor thrown in that you had no idea if a perfect strategy would work or not .

Please Bungie , I have no idea if Microsoft influences your game development anymore but I for one would love to see the Myth games rejuvenated once again , in all their flaming bow and fireballing warlock glory!!!

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I have a copy of Myth II that I played for about five minutes several years ago. I should probably try it again...
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I have a copy of Myth II that I played for about five minutes several years ago. I should probably try it again...muthsera666

I I used to have one as well. Unfortunately, by the time I got to playing it on the pc, Dungeon Keeper 2 and WW2 Fighters were out. Myth 2 didn't get the playing time it deserved.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
I never played myth II, however i heard it was very good and wouldn't mind it if bungie tried something new.
Krystyan68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krystyan68
Member since 2009 • 359 Posts

From what I've read on their site, everything at Bungie is Reach until it ships. But they are hinting that they will diversify into other projects afterwards, so who knows, maybe old series will be revived?