9 exclusives that make the PS4 essential?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I am not that big into Bloodbourne or the whole Morpheus thing. But i am onboard with the other games

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts
  • Bloodborne
  • No Man's Sky
  • The Order 1886
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Drive Club
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Those are my must-play PS4 exclusives from those 9.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Abzu and No Man's Sky will be coming to PC as well.
The Last of Us is a game I've already completed and while it was amazing; it's not something I would buy a PS4 for.
I'm extremely skeptical about The Order 1886.
LittleBigPlanet has some really great animations and character designs, but the physics are just plain terrible.

Bloodborne will be dope.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

There wont even be 5 essential (real) exclusives in the entire PS4 life-cycle. Quote me on that. So far it's (maybe) Uncharted 4 and Bloodbourne.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Bloodborne is perhaps the only PS4 game that'll come out that looks worth playing.

The rest are either multiplats, or from Sony's 1st party which has a track record of producing very shallow games with more emphasis on presentation than compelling gameplay. I'm uninterested in that side of gaming.

I can't justify spending more than $20 on a console with one game. Luckily, my friend can, so I should be able to play Bloodborne without spending a penny.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:
  • Bloodborne
  • No Man's Sky
  • The Order 1886
  • Drive Club

Bloodborne looks amazing! However No Man's sky is only really a timed exclusive, so I wouldn't say its a system seller. However I agree with the rest of the games on your list side from Drive Club, which looks and apparently is kind of ehhh.....lame? lol

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Would get:

• Bloodborne
  • Uncharted 4
  • Resogun
  • Infamous
  • No Man's Sky

Somewhat interested in:

• The Order: 1886
  • Driveclub

I've heard too many bad things about Killzone: Shadowfall. Not big on LBP. So still some way to go yet.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

The Witness

No Man's Sky

Volume

The Last Guardian

Rime

Deep Down

Galak-Z

The Order 1886

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Correct me if any of those aren't exclusives.

I still wouldn't buy a PS4 if I didn't already have one though. Those games won't be released for a while.

Dust magnet *sigh*

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I don't even think the PS3 had 9 essential exclusives in its life time, I doubt the PS4 has that many announced so early.

I am interested in inFAMOUS Second Son and No Man's Sky though.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I could limit it to No man's sky and then MGSV and FFXV. I'll get a ps4 when one of the later 2 games comes out. Maybe Deep Down, I need to do more research.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I don't even think the PS3 had 9 essential exclusives in its life time, I doubt the PS4 has that many announced so early.

Nah, The Playstation 3 was a bad console, its amazing that Sony even made it.

And 9 essential exclusives im not even sure it had 2 because games like

1: Uncharted 1-2-3 (3 games)
2: Infamous 1-2
3: Heavy Rain
4: God of War
5: Killzone
6:Gran Tourismo
7: Beyond two souls
8: Persona
9: Metal Gear Solid

Sure isn't and particular not The Last of Us......

Playstation 3 more like crapstation right? because Xbox is in da house.

(p.s.u in the above)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Last_Ride

@7mdma said:

There wont even be 5 essential (real) exclusives in the entire PS4 life-cycle. Quote me on that. So far it's (maybe) Uncharted 4 and Bloodbourne.

Someone who didn't own the PS3 might

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pikminmaniac

@Jacanuk said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

(p.s.u in the above)

The playstation 3 was a fantastic console. I just didn't think their exclusive line up was very essential most of the time. It's just that 3rd parties outclassed them at almost every turn. Same goes for Xbox 360.

Having said that, I greatly enjoyed the inFAMOUS series, had a lot of fun with Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, and The Last of Us was quite good for the time I had with it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

(p.s.u in the above)

The playstation 3 was a fantastic console. I just didn't think their exclusive line up was very essential most of the time. It's just that 3rd parties outclassed them at almost every turn. Same goes for Xbox 360.

Having said that, I greatly enjoyed the inFAMOUS series, had a lot of fun with Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, and The Last of Us was quite good for the time I had with it.

i looked through my Ps3 collection and i have all of these plus Ratchet, The last of us, and a lot of other exclusive ps3 titles.

Its doesnt matter that there might be better games out, because sure there is but they are just not exclusive, all that matters is that if you had a PS3 would you pass on these titles. I say if you did you missed out on a essential playing experience, because pretty much all of them have been considered GOTY

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@Jacanuk said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

(p.s.u in the above)

i looked through my Ps3 collection and i have all of these plus Ratchet, The last of us, and a lot of other exclusive ps3 titles.

Its doesnt matter that there might be better games out, because sure there is but they are just not exclusive, all that matters is that if you had a PS3 would you pass on these titles. I say if you did you missed out on a essential playing experience, because pretty much all of them have been considered GOTY

I've played a few exclusives and I found most to be lacking. The stand outs were the ones I listed.

God of War 3 was Ok, but it was way too much like the other two (the series stagnated right after the very first game) and completely outdone by Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4, DMC, and Metal Gear Rising.

Modnation Racers was pretty enjoyable actually and I feel Mario Kart could learn something from it in terms of how it allowed you to use drift meter for either speed or defence

Puppeteer was charming, but didn't have it where it counted for a platformer. It was all flash and no substance. Rough platforming and mediocre level design brought it way down

Uncharted 2 was one of the worst gaming experiences I put myself through in a very long time. Just terrible in almost every single aspect. To be avoided at all costs.

3D Dot Game Heroes was pretty cool. I really dug the character creation and the old school charm of it.

That would round out the rest of the exclusives I played for the console. Gameplay mechanics and Level design mean the most to me and it feels like Sony's studios mostly don't feel the same way. I honestly could have passed on most of them.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Pikminmaniac said:

What? Infamous 1 & 2, God of War, Uncharted 1, 2 & 3, Rain, Puppeteer, Resistance trilogy, Killzone trilogy, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo 5 & 6, MLB The Show, and much more

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

What? Infamous 1 & 2, God of War, Uncharted 1, 2 & 3, Rain, Puppeteer, Resistance trilogy, Killzone trilogy, Motorstorm, Gran Turismo 5 & 6, MLB The Show, and much more

Most of those are not essential. Essential games are not just good games. They are games that go above and beyond others. On the PS3, exclusives like Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, and Demon Souls are essential, not Killzone or Resistance or Motorstorm. Gran Turismo is definitely not essential since a better alternative exists.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Last_Ride

@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

Most of those are not essential. Essential games are not just good games. They are games that go above and beyond others. On the PS3, exclusives like Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, and Demon Souls are essential, not Killzone or Resistance or Motorstorm. Gran Turismo is definitely not essential since a better alternative exists.

I would disagree, but to each it's own. But the console has way more than 9 essentials

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pikminmaniac

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I'd say that Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, The Last of Us and the inFAMOUS games are the most essential out of the lot. I'd never recommend Uncharted or Puppeteer to anyone who's seeking good gameplay.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Last_Ride

@Pikminmaniac said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I'd say that Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time, The Last of Us and the inFAMOUS games are the most essential out of the lot. I'd never recommend Uncharted or Puppeteer to anyone who's seeking good gameplay.

But games aren't just gameplay dude

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

I would disagree, but to each it's own. But the console has way more than 9 essentials

If you include multiplats, definitely. But in terms of exclusives, I don't think so.

However, to be fair, I think that most consoles only have a few games that are truly essential. Again, I don't think a game being good makes it essential.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

But games aren't just gameplay dude

But it's what you do most of the time in a game so it's definitely the number one thing. It's also what separates this medium from all the rest. Gameplay is what it's all about.

Either that or exploring/interacting with worlds. Games like God of War, Uncharted, and Puppeteer don't excel in either category. It feels like they just miss the boat IMHO.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Pikminmaniac: Journey? Walking Dead? Etc? They are prime example that gameplay isn't everything in a game

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

There are better alternatives to basically all the games you just listed outside of MLB The Show.

I wouldn't even recommend Resistance or Killzone to someone who enjoys playing FPS games. Sooooooooo many better FPS games out there. There is at least an argument to play the rest, but I would think most are only playable to people who are Playstation fanboys, or very Playstation centric, and haven't experienced much else.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Last_Ride

@papatrop said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

There are better alternatives to basically all the games you just listed outside of MLB The Show.

I wouldn't even recommend Resistance or Killzone to someone who enjoys playing FPS games. Sooooooooo many better FPS games out there. There is at least an argument to play the rest, but I would think most are only playable to people who are Playstation fanboys, or very Playstation centric, and haven't experienced much else.

What?! So you're saying these game are only good for PS fanboys?!

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@papatrop said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

It does kinda make sense. If you are a PS fanboys you only have a PS3/PS4. So all you really have is Killzone and Resistance in terms of shooters.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jacanuk

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

(p.s.u in the above)

I've played a few exclusives and I found most to be lacking. The stand outs were the ones I listed.

God of War 3 was Ok, but it was way too much like the other two (the series stagnated right after the very first game) and completely outdone by Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 4, DMC, and Metal Gear Rising.

Modnation Racers was pretty enjoyable actually and I feel Mario Kart could learn something from it in terms of how it allowed you to use drift meter for either speed or defence

Puppeteer was charming, but didn't have it where it counted for a platformer. It was all flash and no substance. Rough platforming and mediocre level design brought it way down

Uncharted 2 was one of the worst gaming experiences I put myself through in a very long time. Just terrible in almost every single aspect. To be avoided at all costs.

3D Dot Game Heroes was pretty cool. I really dug the character creation and the old school charm of it.

That would round out the rest of the exclusives I played for the console. Gameplay mechanics and Level design mean the most to me and it feels like Sony's studios mostly don't feel the same way. I honestly could have passed on most of them.

Uncharted 2 to be the worst experience? but ok for you it might not be "essentials" but i have a feeling its because you are either just to much into another console or you are pulling my leg.

Anyways if you dont like Uncharted 2 there is still 1 and 3 , it doesnt change anything from the 9.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jacanuk

@papatrop said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

What would you recommend instead of Killzone and Resistance ?

And only playable to fanboys? this is not system wars

Avatar image for thegamingjunkie
thegamingjunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By thegamingjunkie
Member since 2014 • 309 Posts

Looking at previous posts, I really think it depends on what people like to play, and everyone has different tastes. A single person simply can't speak for everyone. Some people like to play FPS's, some just play for the exotic gameplay and others purely for the story. And like what @The_Last_Ride said, gameplay isn't everything; not for everyone at least. But in general as a whole, I personally think that these exclusives do make the Playstation 4worth something , if not completely essential (for exclusives that are already out as well as coming soon):

1. inFamous Second Son
  2. Uncharted 4 (I'm betting the franchise will continue to be a sweet experience)
  3. Bloodborne (Not a huge fan of this one, but this is for a whole bunch of other people)
  4. Rime
  5. No Man's Sky (Though I'm not sure it will only be exclusive for the PS4)
  6. The Order: 1886 (Despite all the negative energy it is surrounded by, it still looks great to me; I have faith in the storyline and characters if not the gameplay.)
  7. The Last of Us Remastered (For those who haven't owned it on the PS3 before, this does count)
  8. Drive Club
  9. Abzu (Maybe)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@papatrop said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

It does kinda make sense. If you are a PS fanboys you only have a PS3/PS4. So all you really have is Killzone and Resistance in terms of shooters.

What?! So because you own one console you're a fanboy? Get a fucking grip... I own only a PS4 now for the new generation. Does that make me a PS fanboy? **** no... A fanboy is someone who blindly follows a company and its console. Just because you like a console doesn't automatically make you a fanboy dude...

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

What?! So because you own one console you're a fanboy? Get a fucking grip... I own only a PS4 now for the new generation. Does that make me a PS fanboy? **** no... A fanboy is someone who blindly follows a company and its console. Just because you like a console doesn't automatically make you a fanboy dude...

IF you are a PS fanboys then you would ONLY have a PS3 and you would be forced to play those games. There is nothing false about that statement. I didn't say if you only have one console you're a fanboy. Reading comprehension dude. Calm down.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:
  • Bloodborne
  • No Man's Sky
  • The Order 1886
  • Drive Club

I have to agree, but they do look pretty damn good

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37  Edited By RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Since No Man's Sky will eventually come out on PC, the only interesting game for me is Bloodbourne.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@firefox59 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

IF you are a PS fanboys then you would ONLY have a PS3 and you would be forced to play those games. There is nothing false about that statement. I didn't say if you only have one console you're a fanboy. Reading comprehension dude. Calm down.

IF you were a PS fanboy, they are still good games and nobody is forced to play them

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#39 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

No Man's Sky is a go, Abzu i'll play - sure.

Already got The Order 1886 and Uncharted 4 A thiefs End already preordered.

will wait on Last of Us to come to either PS+ or cheaper. already played it on PS3, so not in a rush to play it again on HD'd.

not interested in Bloodborne, simply not my thing. and LittleBigPlanet 3 looks great, but i know i'll never play it...

and at the moment not interested in DriveClub, but i am already getting The Crew. so racing genre is satisfied. I tried a more simulator game with Gran Turismo 5 and frankly, regretted it. the rate of progression was incredibly slow and the graphics incredibly underwhelming. and Crew is more arcadey and the concept is much more grabbing for me.