25-35 gamers...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamzzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jamzzee
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

what kinda games you play? and how often? also you have much free time? or kids, work, study etc?

Avatar image for logicallizard07
logicallizard07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 logicallizard07
Member since 2015 • 325 Posts

Well, I play alot of different games. If my family is awake and we are gaming together we usually throw in Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, Super Mario 3D World or something along those lines. When it is late or the kids are out doing whatever and I am gaming by myself I usually play a FPS or RGP (Halo 5, The Witcher 3, The Division etc...)

I usually game by myself for an hour or two late night and the family games we usually spend about 2-3 hours a weekend playing, otherwise we are at work/outside/doing other stuff

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

27 years old here.

Do my Heroes of the Storm daily quests everyday. Takes an 40-60 minutes.

Just finished playing Metal Gear Solid 3 today for the hundredth time.

Next game purchase will be Ratchet and Clank for PS4. Got it preordered. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I would say that I play more genres now then when I was younger. My favorite genre has always Been RPGs, and still is. followed by FPS games and just about anything horror, and platformers. However strategy and RTS games were genres I cared less about when I was younger but care for a whole lot more now.

As for time? well on average I can manage 2-3 hours per day pretty static, outside of that is blind luck, since Life does require hours on its own, the average day leaves very few hours, but then, I barely watch TV, so you could imagine where some of the time comes from :)

Weekends tends to be the time to get more gaming in, but works far better at winter then summer.

One thing that I have found that I care very LITTLE about the older I get (and never much to begin with) would be flash over gameplay. I often get slightly annoyed how games focus so much on a nice exterior, but void of any good interaction, and the depth of a kiddie pool.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Having turned 35 on my last birthday....

Gaming went from whenever the wife and I weren't all over each other (before kids) to an hour or two every few nights after the wife and kids have gone to bed to the very odd day I may have off from work (or weekend if the wife and kids go some where) when the family isn't home. Gaming, it's more of a hobby now then a lifestyle as it was for me 8+ years ago. Kids, dogs and a wife eat into 95% of my time when I'm not working.

Games I tend to play vary. I used to really like RTS games, but I kind of became uninterested in them since Company of Heroes (great game by the way). I still play some RPG, but not as much as I did when I was little. My favorite RPG series was Dragon Warrior. I played the crap out of Dragon Warrior 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Nintendo when I was little.

I no longer play LoL - got bored of it and I don't play any other MOBA. I've currently shifted my attention to ARPG (Grim Dawn) FPS games (Dying Light for example) at the moment. I've also been playing turn-based RPGs (Divinity: Original Sin).

Things vary in my playing time and what games I'm playing.

logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#6 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I'm on the upper end of this age range, married, own my home, the whole bit. I imagine I play about ten hours per week, including a good couple 2-3 hr sessions in where i can really immerse myself. I play all sorts of different things but feel like most of my gaming has been alternating between big, open world games (Witcher 3, Fallout 4) with a couple indie titles in between to break things up. Last year I sunk some serious time into Rocket League and DayZ as well, playing online with friends. Biggest difference between how I game now and how I used to is now I tend to stick to one game at a time much more so than I used to.

I've been able to make a good amount of time for gaming as of late but when time gets tighter, handhelds help me get some more playtime. I have a lot of friends who are like, "Oh, I wish I had time to game..." and I tell them all to go out and get a 3DS because it makes it super easy to get a half hour of gaming in here or there when you are waiting for the laundry to finish or whatever.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Weekends tend to be the time where you get the most game time, You might get like a hour or two in the weekdays depending on wether you need to do some other stuff.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

For the past two years, my video gaming time per week has often been zero due to academic studies, but I am changing my sleeping pattern to wake up earlier and sleep earlier because I accomplish more when I do that. As a bonus, I can relax in the evenings and have some time to review my work and play some games.