$20 spent on a new game since Jan 11th, 2011

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kopogero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kopogero
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

I'm the most hardcore gamer of our generation. For over the past 27 years I've spent on average at least 10 hours gaming daily while also skipping over 50% of my school since second grade.

I've played over 95% of all the Arcade, Nintento, SNES, PSX games. I did purchase Dreamcast too around 2000 but then got my hands on PC 2001 and never bought another console.

I've played many PC games from 2001-2011, all genres but mostly enjoyed MMORPG's. 2011 sadly DC Universe Online was the last new game that I opened my wallet for. After the next 7+ years I've only spent $20 on Marvel Heroes Online, but the game suddenly closed so I only used 25% of that in the store.

Single player games do not interest me as I've completed too many especially old school RPG's. Stories become generic, too familiar and the easy mode option these days, it feels meh. I find multiplayer games with worlds and player interaction most appealing, sadly despite having at least $15,000 in my bank over the last 7+ years $ nothing has really done the trick to open my wallet. So, I keep waiting patiently to vote in what I believe will be the future for gaming.

AAA multiplayer games as well as innovative, creative, progression type games with long term goals has been lacking. Too many kiddie games are released these days where all I see is repetitive game mechanics that I once played two decades ago only with better graphics now.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
@Kopogero said:

I've played over 95% of all the Arcade, Nintento, SNES, PSX games.

No you didn't.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

@Black_Knight_00 said:
@Kopogero said:

No you didn't.

How many games would that be?? Well there is probably around 800 NES games, there was over 700 SNES games and that doesn't include Famicom and Pal versions which I think would put it around 1500.

Just American PS1 games there are around 1200. I smell a liar

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
@Enragedhydra said:
@Black_Knight_00 said:
@Kopogero said:

No you didn't.

How many games would that be?? Well there is probably around 800 NES games, there was over 700 SNES games and that doesn't include Famicom and Pal versions which I think would put it around 1500.

Just American PS1 games there are around 1200. I smell a liar

Around 10% of the SNES and PS1 libraries alone are text-heavy military simulations or RPGs that were never translated from the original Japanese.

He probably tried 95% of all the Arcade, Nintento, SNES, PSX games that he's heard of.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

If you like cars and mayhem I vote GTAV with GTA Online.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I bet you're really fun at parties.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts
@Kopogero said:

I'm the most hardcore gamer of our generation. For over the past 27 years I've spent on average at least 10 hours gaming daily while also skipping over 50% of my school since second grade.

I'm sorry to hear that

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@Kopogero said:

For over the past 27 years I've spent on average at least 10 hours gaming daily while also skipping over 50% of my school since second grade.

Is it nice working on Mc Donalds?