deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

I do most of these habits. I wanted to see maybe there are other habits that I don't do but surprisingly he covered most of it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

For me:

9. Breaking every container in sight. Yes, a million times yes. Hmm...maybe there's a health flask. Nope, just two gold pieces. Well, it wasn't a total waste of time maybe there's a health flask in this vase. Nope, spiders. Killed the spiders, hey look a wood crate, I think I'll smash it mayb---

8. Trying to skip unskippable dialogue. Yeah, for 30 seconds, Then I give up. But I still do it too much.

7. Obsessively reloading. The only time I don't have a full clip is when I'm shooting lol.

5. Bunny hopping. I do it when I'm bored, but it's funny because there's a few other things I could do other than bunny hop...but I choose to bunny hop. For some...reason.

3. Tilting my head. So true. I don't do it when I actually drive, but in video games, totally.

2. Blowing up things. Well, yeah...not gonna not blow up things.

1. Covering all terrain. Yup, gotta explore! I like to explore.

I want to add an extra one: killing all enemies on a level. Not all, but all I see. I'll be playing Vermentide 2 (4 player vs horde game) and we will be at the exit, but I can't go through it because there's a horde of rats coming at me and I have to stay and kill them all. So my teammates are yelling at me FINISH THE LEVEL! JUST EXIT! and I'm standing there like an idiot, two feet from a fat payoff, hacking at an overwhelming number of enemies and risking my life.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I don't think I have any addictive behaviours when it comes to gaming. Although, if a game is achievable enough to 100%, I'll usually do it.

On another note, I used to know a guy who if he paused a game for longer than 10 minutes he'd restart the game and play it over again. I guess you'd call that some sort of OCD but my gosh, that would be torture for me. Kind of pointless too because you have to take a break sometime.

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
YammiReckorrdSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 YammiReckorrdSan
Member since 2016 • 616 Posts

Yeah... I'm gulity at most of his list...

kayleenYount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 kayleenYount
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

HAHAHAAHAHAHA

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I can't stop myself when I see a collectibles in a open world game I have to stop and pick it up. Even if I'm on a main mission I will get myself out of a car and pick it up I did this so many times in Sleeping Dogs. lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts

@yammireckorrdsan said:

Yeah... I'm gulity at most of his list...

Same here. But you know what, I don't give a damn. I'm playing a video game, my own damn way.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Thanks for covering the list @mrbojangles25 didn't really want to watch Youtube adverts. Kinda lame that OP didn't list it underneath.

Blowing up things is odd because for some games it's a must, play D00M without blowing things up is impossible. Reloading is really the only one I feel covers me, and that's due to Survival Horror games drilling in that mentality.

The one furthest to me is covering all areas. Especially in a first playthrough, I'm too focused on seeing all the challenges the game has to offer to search for coins/ medallions/ or concept art. And for the most part I ask on forums for important things I missed in another playthrough if it unlocks something interesting or useful.

A quirk I do have not listed is clearing an area then practising techniques for exploiting the A.I., usually against the level design. Tend to do this if new options have been given to the player, whether that be a new weapon in DkS or a new mantle in MH:W.

Jayme584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jayme584
Member since 2019 • 8 Posts

When playing some hot games on sites like Miniclip, Mantigames, and Kongregate, I find myself to:

1. Feel restless

2. Lie to my friends about how much time I have spent gaming

3. Can't stop myself diving more and more in the games

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Have to find every collectable in the game. Even if it kills me.

british_accent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 british_accent
Member since 2019 • 14 Posts

My usual habits are:

1) Burning everything that can be burned;

2) Trying to jump from high objects (or at least checking if that is possible);

3) Searching for some food nearby by one hand and playing with help of another hand only.

4) Returning to games after losing and going to bed with hopeful thoughts like "I know the right strategy now, this time I'll win for sure." Lossing again and playing until morning.