sarcothin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sarcothin
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I personally think that for their time all of the Nintendo consoles represented the benchmark in gaming. I would be interested to see what everyone thinks is the best Nintendo console of all, in terms of games, controller, innovation, for their time. 
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
N64. This system offered the most 9.0 games I could think of.
camreeno360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 camreeno360
Member since 2005 • 6850 Posts
Easily the Gamecube. For todays standards it's just funner and lasts you longer. Although if you measure the amount of fun each one had in it's time, I'd say the N64.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts

Gamecube had more games than N64, but N64 provided more fun with fewer games, which saved me money (and that was important back then, being a kid and all). SNES had a lot of great games, too, but I got stuck with quite a few crap titles. As far as controllers go... I'm going to say N64 had the best, but Cube's controller was awesome too (I just hated the shoulder buttons). The Cube also had seriously underrated graphics.

N64 wins for me.

Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
N64. This system offered the most 9.0 games I could think of.FPSjohn
That isn't a valid argument because how many SNES games were reviewed. Also, may I ask why you didn't include the NES in this, I don't think it was the greatest, but I just want to know why you left it out of the question. For me, I say the SNES is the best Nintendo console.
Dashtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dashtal
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
The Gamecube.
LordelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordelX
Member since 2004 • 1376 Posts

Comes to a pretty close tie between the SNES and the Gamecube, but in the end, I would say that the Gamecube wins. There was just more variety in the Gamecube library than any other Nintendo system before it, and considering most of the greatest NES, SNES and the N64 Zeldas are available for the Gamecube, the Gamecube really is the most well-rounded Nintendo system thus far ( too early to tell with the Wii ).

The NES was a great system, but it was much like the PS1, alot of crap that didn't age well. The N64 has a handful of ground-breaking historic titles, but the systems design was terrible and so were most of the games. The N64's controller design, while revolutionary at the time, has a pretty terrible digital pad and the analog stick wears out too quickly.

#1 Gamecube

#2 SNES

#3 NES

#4 Nintendo 64

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

Its really an easy question since most of my favorite NES, SNES, and N64 games are available/playable on the NGC, which is not only my favorite Nintendo System, but probably my favorite system period.

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CUBE (via collection sets & gba player)

NES - Metroid, CastleVania, Zelda 1&2, Dragon Warrior 1-3, Mario 1-3,  Mega Man 1-8, Tetris & more

SNES - Zelda LttP, Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI, Mario World, Mega Man X, Tales of Phantasia & more

N64 - Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda Majora's Mask, Resident Evil 2

PS1/SDC - Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, Metal Gear Solid, Phantasy Star, Sonic Collection, Mega Man X 2-6

GBA - Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission, Zelda Minish Cap, Lunar, 3 CastleVania games & much more.

*and all of those are in addition to the CUBE's amazing line-up that already includes both Metroid Primes, Zelda Waker & Twilight, The entire numbered Resident Evil saga, and so on. 

hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hammer_of_thor_

Its really an easy question since most of my favorite NES, SNES, and N64 games are available/playable on the NGC, which is not only my favorite Nintendo System, but probably my favorite system period.

ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CUBE (via collection sets & gba player)

NES - Metroid, CastleVania, Zelda 1&2, Dragon Warrior 1-3, Mario 1-3, Mega Man 1-8, Tetris & more

SNES - Zelda LttP, Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V, VI, Mario World, Mega Man X, Tales of Phantasia & more

N64 - Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda Majora's Mask, Resident Evil 2

PS1/SDC - Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, Metal Gear Solid etc.

GBA - Metroid Fusion & Zero Mission, Zelda Minish Cap, Lunar, 3 CastleVania games & much more.

*and all of those are in addition to the CUBE's amazing line-up that already includes both Metroid Primes, Zelda Waker & Twilight, The entire numbered Resident Evil saga, and so on.

TheKungFool
With this logic, the Wii would be the best since it can play these, plus VC games, as well as Wii games.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheKungFool

"With this logic, the Wii would be the best since it can play these, plus VC games, as well as Wii games."

I can certainly understand and appreciate that the Wii is popular and many folks like it.  That said, I'm not one of those people. I hate those wii-diculous wii-motes and refuse to purchase a "next gen" system with "last gen" graphics and power. Due to gameplay mechanics that don't appeal to me I will not be a Wii owner

Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
Nintendo 64. That poor system doesn't get enough respect.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheKungFool

I hated the N64 for three reasons:

1.  It offered next to nothing in my two favorite game genres: role players and survival horrors.

2.  Those controllers were awkwards as hell.

3.  Sony scooped up most of the great 3rd party developers

jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#13 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
Snes, 64, NES, GC, Wii
Oni_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oni_Matt
Member since 2005 • 706 Posts
I think the SNES was the best Nintendo console, followed closely by the GC.
smarskite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 smarskite
Member since 2003 • 59 Posts
SNES. The N64 had an amazing controller for its time, and the Gamecube has the best graphics of the three, but the SNES games that Nintendo developed are timeless. 
Zippo_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Zippo_Jr
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts
In terms of fun, I'd say the Nintendo 64.  But for multiplayer purposes, I'd say the gamecube.  So I'd go with the gamecube for best Nintendo console yet.
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hammer_of_thor_

"With this logic, the Wii would be the best since it can play these, plus VC games, as well as Wii games."

I can certainly understand and appreciate that the Wii is popular and many folks like it. That said, I'm not one of those people. I hate those wii-diculous wii-motes and refuse to purchase a "next gen" system with "last gen" graphics and power. Due to gameplay mechanics that don't appeal to me I will not be a Wii owner

TheKungFool
I meant you can play all of the GC games on it, including those collections, plus other classic games through the VC, many of which have yet to be released. Obviously you can play Wii games on it too, but you don't want to play them.
link00745

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 link00745
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

I say the N64 is the best,the GC is new but it does not give as much fun as the N64 did.

"For years I thought the sun was a monster. I'm here to tell you that its not a monster. ITS NOT A MONSTER!"Howie,The Funnist line in Benchwarmes

THEWINDWAKER10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 THEWINDWAKER10
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts
N64. So many great games. The GC had good games, but not nearly as many as the 64.
In_Vino_Verita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 In_Vino_Verita
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts
N64 is my favorite because it had the best games, and i liked how the controllers were designed:P
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
I like my Gamecube, and SNES than N64. I own over 130 Gamecube, 50 SNES, and least 20 N64 games.
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
[QUOTE="FPSjohn"]N64. This system offered the most 9.0 games I could think of.hammer_of_thor_
That isn't a valid argument because how many SNES games were reviewed. Also, may I ask why you didn't include the NES in this, I don't think it was the greatest, but I just want to know why you left it out of the question. For me, I say the SNES is the best Nintendo console.

Okay then. Name the games the SNES had to offer that were rated 9.0 or higher off the top of your head. Honestly, I think you don't even know what you're talking about.
jemjabella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jemjabella
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think all were great for their own reasons - it'd be too hard for me personally to pick a favourite.
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hammer_of_thor_
[QUOTE="hammer_of_thor_"][QUOTE="FPSjohn"]N64. This system offered the most 9.0 games I could think of.FPSjohn

Okay then. Name the games the SNES had to offer that were rated 9.0 or higher off the top of your head. Honestly, I think you don't even know what you're talking about.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart, Final Fantasy III (VI), Super Metroid, Earthbound, Starfox, Contra III, and Mortal Kombat II, I'm sure there's more. How don't I know what I'm talking about? How many SNES games did GS review, and how many N64? Oh, and I also have my own opinion, I don't need to buy games on what other people say, that's why I think the SNES is the greatest, it had the best games for me.
disfalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 disfalling
Member since 2004 • 164 Posts

because of the innovation: the n64. the analog stick, full 3d roam gameplay, the rumble, 4 controller ports. just based on games though? probably nes.

but of course, if done right, the ds or wii could top all of 'em. and they are on the right track. 

Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
The N64 got more votes than I thought it would. Yay!
the_jemer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 the_jemer
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
da cube's graphics r underated it has better graphics den ad ps2 i think if da cube also got mroe adult games i.e. GTA and an answer for microsoft's halo series it woulda dominated
Superlegtesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Superlegtesta
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts

If I look at it in terms of impact on the gaming industry, I would have to say that the NES and the N64 were the most revolutionary ones.

Then if I look at it in terms of achievement, the Gamecube and the SNES rate pretty well. I love their library and how they offered something more than the competitors.

My personal favorite is the one of my childhood for what it represents, the SNES. The one I had the most fun with is the Gamecube though. 

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#29 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
The SNES had Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart on the SNES was better than Mario Kart 64
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheKungFool

If I look at it in terms of impact on the gaming industry, I would have to say that the NES and the N64 were the most revolutionary ones.

Superlegtesta

I don't understand how you consider the N64 "revolutionary". It had the most poorly designed conrtollers of all time, made the mistake of staying with cartridge format over cd format, lost Nintendo most of the better 3rd party developers, and then went on to get spanked by the Sony PS1 for good reason.  

On top of all that, the N64 was completely lacking in two very important and popular genres which severely limmited the game library; the N64 offered next to nothing in terms of RPGs and Survival Horrors, not to mention they didn't even offer some of the expected first party games like say a Metroid64. 

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
I don't understand how you consider the N64 "revolutionary".TheKungFool
Two words - analog stick.
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheKungFool

[QUOTE="TheKungFool"]I don't understand how you consider the N64 "revolutionary".Funkyhamster
Two words - analog stick.

I couldn't help but notice you completely ignored all the other points there, lol. And yeah, the analog stick would have been nice had it not been completely wasted on a piss-poor contoller design. That fancy analog technology wasn't enough for people to choose a cartidge based system lacking 3rd party support over the PS1.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#33 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
All of them are awesome but I'll go with the SNES.
Avatar image for ThisisMurderous
ThisisMurderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#34 ThisisMurderous
Member since 2006 • 1599 Posts
SNES, since then Nintendo's systems have been good but the quality keeps getting lower.
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts

I will always hold the Nintendo 64 close to my heart and my TV. Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, Jet Force Gemini, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Wave Race, Star Fox Adventures - all take me back to the good ol' days.

Relex_Rahl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Relex_Rahl
Member since 2005 • 240 Posts
snes for life!