Zelgadis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Zelgadis7
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts
In my country you can find most of GC games(New) but they are still expensive, so...help me choose Resident Evil 4 or Metroid Prime
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
RE4, its more accessible than MPH and it has mercenaries which is a great extra. I couldnt get into MPH because it had no soul, imo.
Squidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Squidney
Member since 2004 • 2377 Posts
definately RE4 almost just for mercenaries. Its such a good game, I played it over multiple times after beating it.
dirktu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#4 dirktu
Member since 2005 • 717 Posts
RE4 would also be my favourite. I'm not really a fan of the gore, but the gameplay mechanics are awesome and the story gets the job done! MP is a little overrated in my opinion.. just too much backtracking and no real sense of "I want to continue to see how the story develops", I still have to finish that game.....
Some people compare MP to Zelda, but zelda is far more diverse and story-driven.....

hionspeed64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 hionspeed64
Member since 2004 • 1544 Posts
Metroid Prime for me. Just look at the score! It's the atmospheric game I've ever played. Not too mention intense, epic boss fights and challenging puzzles.
xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts
im a RE Fan, so I love RE thats a Great Game to get I think most people can get into it also

Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts
There's no doubt that they're my two top games of last generation, but I have to give the edge to Metroid Prime. I may not have beaten it 12 times like RE4 and it doesn't have an addicting side game like The Mercenaries, but it was simply the more memorable experience. It was amazing how they succeeded at shifting Metroid to 3D, so it deserves huge props for that. It is probably the most atmospheric game I've ever played, the music is top notch, the adventuring is brilliant and all of the areas are expertly designed, and the boss fights are definitely first class.
mrxb0x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mrxb0x360
Member since 2005 • 5253 Posts

In my country you can find most of GC games(New) but they are still expensive, so...help me choose Resident Evil 4 or Metroid PrimeZelgadis7

there both great but re4 is the better game

Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

[QUOTE="Zelgadis7"]In my country you can find most of GC games(New) but they are still expensive, so...help me choose Resident Evil 4 or Metroid Primemrxb0x360

there both great but re4 is the better game

ditto.
NordicBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NordicBeast
Member since 2006 • 45 Posts
Even though I love RE4, I might have to give this one to Metroid Prime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 0161
Member since 2006 • 358 Posts
re4 is quick and fun that should keep you hocked (great fun whacking bullets in to the heads of those villegers haha) and metroid prime has amazing graphics but be warned this game is like one big memory game meaning you would have to remember a lot of things like where items are or what that new item you gained can be used, otherwise you may find it tough and time consuming going through every nook and cranny at the end in order to gain 100%, but get over this and it's a top game with cool boss fights.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Its a hard pick. When I bought Metroid Prime on the day it came out, I HATED IT. It was just terrible to me. Controls were primitive, classic metroid conventions were hardly used and it just didnt have that "metroid" feel to it. So after about 2 hours of playing it, I just put it back int eh box and put it on the shelf, now 5 years later I picked up the game again last night and am really loving it. It takes a ton of time to get used to the primitive controls, graphics are pretty good to today's standards and the levels as well as the metroid is somewhat there, just not as much as I wanted. I guess when I thought of a metroid game, I wanted another Super Metroid or a Super Metroid experience wrapped into an FPS. But if you take the game at face value for what it is, its actually really good. So at this point, I cant choose. A week ago I would have told you RE4 hands down, but now give me a week or two to beat the game and I will get back to you.
Dante865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dante865
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
RE4 and MP?? RE4 hands down, you wont regret it my friend
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts
I'd go with Metroid Prime. Although RE4 is one of my favorite games, Metroid prime just felt so atmospheric, and the sounds is like no other. The sense of exploration was great and Samus has never looked so cool. This game probably had some of the most intense boss fights next to the Zelda games. Definately an instant classic.

Resident Evil 4 on the other hand was a great game, with some memorable locations, but it was really short. Although it was short, I beat it 3 times since it was that good. Then theres the mercenaries option which was also pretty fun.

Overall, I'd reccomend MP
Game_Addict247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Game_Addict247
Member since 2006 • 1838 Posts
RE4.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
RE4

There hasn't been a game recently that I played 6 times over like I did with RE4.
Avatar image for Spikenenspikspi
Spikenenspikspi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spikenenspikspi
Member since 2005 • 235 Posts
RE4.
bitemeslippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 bitemeslippy
Member since 2005 • 1626 Posts
both games are awesome but RE4 is better in my opinion
CyberZero104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 CyberZero104
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
Metroid Prime, never played RE4.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

Metroid Prime, never played RE4.CyberZero104

Why would you vote if you havn't played both...?

snackdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 snackdaddy
Member since 2006 • 2122 Posts

Metroid Prime, never played RE4.CyberZero104

GO PLAY IT NOW!!!!!

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Get Resi 4, best gamecube game.
Frostbyte1120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Frostbyte1120
Member since 2003 • 17118 Posts
RE4 but you cannot go wrong either way.
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts
After playing both I'd say Metroid prime. I beat RE4 about 3 times but went through Metroid prime at least 10 to 12 times. Its that great. I've played it to the point where i can beat the game in 6 hours with 98% items
King_Of_Spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 King_Of_Spam
Member since 2006 • 1263 Posts
Metroid. Because RE4 is the easiest game I've ever played. And it's like 6 hours long. Plus there is only one cool level in the game.
colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts

Metroid. Because RE4 is the easiest game I've ever played. And it's like 6 hours long. Plus there is only one cool level in the game.King_Of_Spam

Bull.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Metriod Prime is soooo over rated way over half of it is back tracking. RE4 is awsome
Superlegtesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Superlegtesta
Member since 2003 • 389 Posts
The two games are incredible. If they are indeed expensive, think about what you really want what kind of gamer you are.

Story : it's different, but the two games have a good story. I prefer following the RE4 one though.

Atmosphere : Metroid has a very unique atmosphere, but RE4 isn't far behind.

Music : advantage to Metroid.

Enemies : RE4 enemies are a LOT of fun to kill.

The weapons : the different nature of the guns in RE4 makes it possible to just develop your own way of playing and killing enemies. But the weapons in Metroid are also great. It's just that they're not as different.

Main character : Leon or Samus? Both are cool, just pick the one you like.

Replay value : well, this is just my experience, but I played Metroid Prime once in the last year and RE4 three times. And most people I know did pretty much the same thing, so...

I hope this helps you a bit.

yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts

Just buy both of them.  Metroid is a good one if you want to sit down and just beat it.  I find that I get hooked, but if I stop playing for a couple days, I don't feel like picking it up again for a while.  But I would still urge you to get both.  They are the best games on the cube.

Szalaszazka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Szalaszazka
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
I haven't played ever in MP but gameplays realized me that the ... RE 4 kick MP ass :) RE 4 ROXXX !!! HAIL CAPCOM !!!
Avatar image for PoisonMushroom6
PoisonMushroom6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PoisonMushroom6
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts
I'd have to go with RE4. I played that game so many times over, but Prime i just played over once on hard mode
buffysummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 buffysummer
Member since 2004 • 804 Posts
Resident Evil 4!
David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts
Metroid Prime
renagadez187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 renagadez187
Member since 2005 • 2088 Posts

I would have no idea. Both are probably the best games you could get for GC. I'm playing RE 4 right now and I can see why it got such a high score. But I still think you should get Metroid Prime first because if you have previous Metroid games, then you'll be highly impressed with the changes from 2D to 3D. Also, you are more likely to find it. I had heaps of problems trying to find RE 4 and I still see a lot of copies of Metroid Prime for cheap.

FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
RE4

JeremyDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JeremyDood
Member since 2003 • 254 Posts
Your best bet is to save up for both games brotherman!! I beat both MP and RE4 and loved them both. It's definitly worth your money, though if you HAVE TO, MUST, CAN ONLY, purchase ONE SINGLE GAME, then i'd say get RE4 since it's the safer bet. MP seems to be either you love it or hate it kind of experience.
Linkkong64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Linkkong64
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts
Insanely hard choice....along with the two Zeldas, they are most likey the best GC games available. Both VERY atmospheric (with Prime a bit more), both have great gameplay (RE4 slightly better), and GREAT artistic style in their graphics. Boss fights are great for both (though RE4's tend to be a bit easier) and while there is a bit more action and less reading in RE4, (assuming you actually read the scannable parts in Prime), for most it doesn't bog down the action. Honestly though, I can't pick between the two, they are too close. I'd get both if possible, but if not, then go for the currently cheaper one (which would be a used copy of Prime) and pick up RE4 later on.... both brillant games.
nekrotaunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 nekrotaunter
Member since 2003 • 1480 Posts
In my country you can find most of GC games(New) but they are still expensive, so...help me choose Resident Evil 4 or Metroid PrimeZelgadis7

i say metroid. i used to follow resident evil until 4 came out, now that i know that future games will be made just as pointless.
Crucifix_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Crucifix_Angel
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts

Metroid Prime because Resident evil 4 sucks!!!

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Metroid Prime, the game is among the most perfect games yet created.

RE4 closely matches Prime after the first 2 Chapters, but those initial Chapters were merely average, punctuated with a few brilliant moments.

But a game has to be great all the way through to match Metroid Prime, the best game of last generation, bar none.

IMO RE4 was the 4rd best last generation with the PC version of Half-Life 2 being 2nd and Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn being 3rd best.

Metroid Prime seems to me to have the unprecedented distinction (for a non-RPG sp game) of getting better and better with each playthrough, despite not changing anything! I believe this is a direct result of Retro's incredible attention to detail and level (area)design. A Masterpiece that I will enjoy replaying 10 years from now.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="King_Of_Spam"]Metroid. Because RE4 is the easiest game I've ever played. And it's like 6 hours long. Plus there is only one cool level in the game.colonel_beeb

Bull.

RE4 is on the easy side, great game, but Primes difficulty was perfect.

Crucifix_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Crucifix_Angel
Member since 2006 • 251 Posts

Hey King of Spam, are you Bob Sagat?

Tuffle26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tuffle26
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
It's a pretty hard to decide. I just recently bought RE4 this weekend(thank you Target!! There was only one copy left!!) and still playing it. I bought Metroid Prime when the Gamecube came out. It was pretty good, the graphics were so nice compare to the other games back then, and still, and the story line was excellent as well, but that was a while ago. For now I recommend Metroid Prime, since I haven't completly beat RE4.
jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Resident Evil 4 of course!!!!!!
TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#45 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

I wouldn't even choose Resident Evil 4 out of the Resident Evil games........RE:zero and REmake were both much better.

As for a comparison to Metroid Prime....there really isn't one.  Metroid Prime with no question about it.

Avatar image for couchpotatoe387
couchpotatoe387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 couchpotatoe387
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts
I think it depends on how much time you have to spend on the game.  If you have plenty of free time, and are willing to engross yourself in long gaming sessions, I'd say Metroid is your best bet.  Don't get me wrong, Metroid Prime can be extremely frustrating sometimes, but beating the bosses is so satisfying and I always wanted more.  Its unfortunate but a lot of people give up on Metroid Prime because it's too challanging for them and they won't take the time to fully explore the enviorments.  If you can get past that, Metroid Prime is an extremely satisfying game.  Also if you hate the fact that you can scan creatures then don't.  If you want to fully complete the game like me then go ahead, but the game is just as fun without the chore of making sure you get every scan.  If you do want to be a completionist, be careful because it's really freaking easy to pass up a scan if you don't do it right away.
wii4panta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wii4panta
Member since 2007 • 2886 Posts
mp in my oppinion.my god i this game marked me man...i fell in love with that game
lancelot200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lancelot200
Member since 2005 • 61977 Posts
Metroid Prime is a must have. It was perfectly made even I some one who hates 1st person shooter liked it.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#49 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Metroid Prime:Needs u to use your head and a lot of timing its a long game and awesome little weapons yes but it's still good and THE MOST AWESOME GRAPHICS ON THE GC TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS  and yes that's a good choice...

RE 4:Awesome game!Yes very good and very very long 2 CDs action adventure scary,gory and lots of weapons....

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

RE4 is the better choice.