manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts

It has to be either high rated or really popular to be overrated.

I think it's Super Smash Bros Melee. The game is dissapointing in and of itself, but according to the hype and accolades it recieved from people, the game was unparalleled in how dissapointing it was.

What's yours?

FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts

I think Metroid Prime is the most overrated. I have played MP3, and it blows the other two games out of the water in every aspect.

Also, i didnt like RE4.

Fire Emblem is probably one of the most underappreciated game

squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
you guys say the most overrated games are the best games on the GC......
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
MP = stunning. RE4 = superb. SSBM = incredible. I would say that the most overrated game on the GC is Eternal Darkness (which I stillenjoyed, but was disappointed with).
OblivionRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 OblivionRising
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
IMO, Eternal Darkness was the best Gamecube game. I agree that SSBM was the most overrated.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I think it's Super Smash Bros Melee. The game is dissapointing in and of itself, but according to the hype and accolades it recieved from people, the game was unparalleled in how dissapointing it was.

What's yours?

manningbowl135

Agreed. That, Double Dash, and Tales of Symphonia (at least by the people in GC Forum).

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts

Metroid Prime, DEFINITELY.
That game gets too much attention, and in my opinion, it blew chunks.
boringest game i've ever played in my life.

Raider47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Raider47
Member since 2006 • 525 Posts
windwaker....i dont get y gamespot gave it a higher score than twlight princess. Twilight Princess is SOOOOOOOOOO much better
yakk_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yakk_3
Member since 2005 • 1442 Posts
windwaker....i dont get y gamespot gave it a higher score than twlight princess. Twilight Princess is SOOOOOOOOOO much betterRaider47
I have to say, I preferred Windwaker over TP. I don't know why. Maybe it is because WW was the first 3D Zelda I ever beat.
Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
agree SSBM is way overrated
ryan_returns29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 ryan_returns29
Member since 2006 • 3191 Posts

MP = stunning. RE4 = superb. SSBM = incredible. I would say that the most overrated game on the GC is Eternal Darkness (which I stillenjoyed, but was disappointed with).yakk_3

Agreed, I just didn't enjoy Eternal Darkness in any way.

ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts
Super Mario Sunshine. Jeff scored it right here.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (8.7)is one of the most overrated games on the GC IMO. I expected it to awesome like Harvest Moon 64 (7.3)which I think was way way underrated. IMO, Harvest Moon 64 was GODLY and the best in the series where as HM:AWL was just one big snorefest.
redfield_137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 redfield_137
Member since 2005 • 2269 Posts
SSBM and FE:PoR
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I think SSBM or Tales of Symphonia i just never got into any of those games. I agree with CheifFreeman Jeff Scored SMS right, i gave it a 8.5 but i cant see how ign gave it a 9.4 its not that good.
Ganodon44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ganodon44
Member since 2006 • 627 Posts
I would have to say Melee.. as good as it is, everyone makes waaaaaay to big a deal about it. (even though this will change when brawl comes)
knoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 knoia
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I think yakk hit the nail on the head. MP, RE4, and SSBM were all deserving of the praise. Eternal Darkness, on the other hand, seemed like it got a little more than its share. It was a good game, but it wasn't that great.

Another vote for Eternal Darkness.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

I think I would vote for Smash and RE4 myself.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
Harvest Moon A wonderful life wasn't that good IMO
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Smash Bros definately. It's a good game but no where near as good as some people say it is. There are so many better Cube games.

Next would be Eternal Darkness. That game was plain awful.

Next would be REmake. That game has terrible controls and the fixed camera makes things more difficult than they have to be.

SauceCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SauceCaptain
Member since 2004 • 1273 Posts
I think that smash bros, eternal darkness and metroid are all AMAZING games, and deserve the high scores. My most overrated game is double dash. By far the worst mario kart of them all. In it's own way a good game, but nowhere as good as any other mario kart.
da1bu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 da1bu
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts

Considering RE 4 was released on the Gamecube in 2004, it's an excellent game. Definately deserves the high score.

I think Super Mario Sunshine is overhyped, the game is dull, boring, easy and repetitive in my opinion.

skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#23 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

the most overrated would be Metroid Prime for me, followed by Tales of Symphonia, and most recently for me, Joe Viewtiful.

they were all "decent" games to me, but nothing like what people rave about.

Radiata_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Radiata_Blue
Member since 2006 • 250 Posts
Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia, and Mario Kart: Double Dash. All of these were decent games in their own right, but they didn't deserve the heaping of praise they got. SSBM, RE 4, and MP on the other hand were clearly among the best games on the Cube.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skreetpreacha
oh yeah, i forgot to mention Animal Crossing too! :-P
Overmind1149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Overmind1149
Member since 2004 • 72 Posts
Personally I think Double Dash was very overrated. I still think the N64 version was better.
wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
Metroid prime
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Minishdriveby

the most overrated would be Metroid Prime for me, followed by Tales of Symphonia, and most recently for me, Joe Viewtiful.

skreetpreacha

lol isnt it viewtiful Joe (not Joeviewtiful)i love that game, Not the DS version though thats not as good.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Pokemon Colosseum... it's apparently pretty popular, but I have no clue how. :?
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Minishdriveby

Pokemon Colosseum... it's apparently pretty popular, but I have no clue how. :?Funkyhamster

I AGREE! I HATE THAT GAME ITS SO ANNOYING! I think it was my frist gamecube game, but its nothing like Stadium (i thought it would be like the N64 games). But i was only in 5th grade when i got it. The whole catching shadow pokemon is annoying and doesnt give you much variety.

skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 skreetpreacha
[QUOTE="skreetpreacha"]

Minishdriveby

lol isnt it viewtiful Joe (not Joeviewtiful)i love that game, Not the DS version though thats not as good.

lol, wow, i need to get more sleep. :-) I thought it was good and innovative for it's genre, but the "beat-em-up" genre as a whole is pretty shallow to me. And I thought the game was far too hardfor a cartoony-kid appeal.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Funkyhamster

I AGREE! I HATE THAT GAME ITS SO ANNOYING! I think it was my frist gamecube game, but its nothing like Stadium (i thought it would be like the N64 games). But i was only in 5th grade when i got it. The whole catching shadow pokemon is annoying and doesnt give you much variety.

Minishdriveby

5th grade? You're lucky you didn't get scarred for life... :?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

Funkyhamster

5th grade? You're lucky you didn't get scarred for life... :?

yeah i got it when it first came out but I'm still scarred for life, i replayed it last year and i stopped at the very last part. It's almost as bad a VEXX.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="skreetpreacha"]

skreetpreacha

lol, wow, i need to get more sleep. :-) I thought it was good and innovative for it's genre, but the "beat-em-up" genre as a whole is pretty shallow to me. And I thought the game was far too hardfor a cartoony-kid appeal.

Oh really i kinda thought they were easy. I'm replaying all my games so when i get to play viewtiful joe 1&2 I'll have a more refreshed memory of it.

nathantay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nathantay
Member since 2005 • 178 Posts
Smash Brothers Melee
Mop_it_up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mop_it_up
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
Probably the Madden games.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skreetpreacha
[QUOTE="skreetpreacha"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="skreetpreacha"]

Minishdriveby

Oh really i kinda thought they were easy. I'm replaying all my games so when i get to play viewtiful joe 1&2 I'll have a more refreshed memory of it.

I personally liked it being a little more difficult than most standard easy beat em ups, but I got the game mostly for my 6 year old son, and its too hard for him. It starts out mad easy ya know, but the last 2 levels can be pretty brutal...

oh, and if the rest of ya'll are talkin about Pokemon XD, i concur! it was the worst GC game i ever got, but i didn't list it, because I didn't know anyone really liked it or talked about it, lol, therefore, it was really "overrated" in my eyes. :-P

sephten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sephten
Member since 2007 • 222 Posts

What's yours?

manningbowl135

you acualy think that SSBM was a bad game...wow. i dont think you actualy have played it. It has to be one of the best games ever made. I have had it for a couple years, and i still love it....

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="skreetpreacha"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="skreetpreacha"]

skreetpreacha

I personally liked it being a little more difficult than most standard easy beat em ups, but I got the game mostly for my 6 year old son, and its too hard for him. It starts out mad easy ya know, but the last 2 levels can be pretty brutal...

oh, and if the rest of ya'll are talkin about Pokemon XD, i concur! it was the worst GC game i ever got, but i didn't list it, because I didn't know anyone really liked it or talked about it, lol, therefore, it was really "overrated" in my eyes. :-P

yeah were talking about Xd and Colosseum, both games were very badly made, though i dnt hear alot of talk about them either. FunkyHamster just brought that game up so i had to give my 2 cents. Oh and yeah viewtiful joe would be pretty hard for a 6 year old. it does give off a child like art style, the first time i saw it at block buster i thought it was power rangers.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Funkyhamster

skreetpreacha

XD is pretty much the same as Colosseum... I can't figure out for the life of me why XD is still one of the best selling GC games. I mean 6-10 year olds must not be that oblivious to the game's flaws... I would think they would be mad, considering that aside from the name the games have almost nothing in common with the handheld Pokemon games.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="skreetpreacha"]

Funkyhamster

XD is pretty much the same as Colosseum... I can't figure out for the life of me why XD is still one of the best selling GC games. I mean 6-10 year olds must not be that oblivious to the game's flaws... I would think they would be mad, considering that aside from the name the games have almost nothing in common with the handheld Pokemon games.

8-10 year olds go crazy over pokemon, last summer when i was working at summer camp all the little kids were obsessing over it. They gave me a stupid nickname cause i told them i had three stars on my trainer card in D/P, some kid started to call me the 3star trainer lmao. It was kinda funny. But yeah if you throw pokemon in the title little kids are sure to buy it.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Funkyhamster

8-10 year olds go crazy over pokemon, last summer when i was working at summer camp all the little kids were obsessing over it. They gave me a stupid nickname cause i told them i had three stars on my trainer card in D/P, some kid started to call me the 3star trainer lmao. It was kinda funny. But yeah if you throw pokemon in the title little kids are sure to buy it.

Minishdriveby

Such a shame... see, this is why US schools need reforming. Right now nobody's teaching these kids to not buy crap just because it has a brand-name on it.

Mr_Quick170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mr_Quick170
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

While I hate SSBM now, I can't say it's that overrated because I did have lots of fun with it for a couple years. Problem was that it got really old after awhile, because I was one of the few people who had it so practically everyone I knew wanted to play it all the time at my house. It is overrated (anyone who thinks it's the best game ever, or even close, needs to play some Ocarina of Time, Shadows of Amn, GTA, etc.), but not all that horribly.

And I'm not sure why people say ED is overrated, because I didn't know it was all that highly rated to begin with. I liked it, but I seemed to be in the minority.

I would say Metroid is the most overrated game I can think of.

Immortalsaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Immortalsaiyan
Member since 2006 • 874 Posts
I would say ED i did not find it to scary when I knew of the sanity effects when they happened iwas not surprised. Alsothethelimb targeting combat is overatedshallow and gimickey.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#45 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Wind Waker, I hated with a passion.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
Wow I'm surprised people are saying Eternal Darkness. That was easily the greatest game I have ever played and I have both Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#47 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts

Mario Sunshine and Mario Kart Double Dash

Two of the worst games i've ever played, blinding people with the name "Mario" of their title....

ryancamcam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ryancamcam
Member since 2007 • 1558 Posts

I think Metroid Prime is the most overrated. I have played MP3, and it blows the other two games out of the water in every aspect.

Also, i didnt like RE4.

FireEmblem24

I like Metroid Prime yet i dont think its top-10-gamecube-games-of-all-time worthy...

I liked RE4 and yet havent tried Fire Emblem...

Tohru_Readman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tohru_Readman
Member since 2006 • 450 Posts

Super Mario Sunshine

Eternal Darkness

Both ok at best, but they get far too much praise.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts
[QUOTE="FireEmblem24"]

Also, i didnt like RE4.

ryancamcam

I like Metroid Prime yet i dont think its top-10-gamecube-games-of-all-time worthy...

I liked RE4 and yet havent tried Fire Emblem...

just wow......

I'd be interested in seeing what 10 games on GC you'd have ahead of it.