Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They're wrong but IGN always like to build up Metroid for more then it's worth so I'm not really surprised.

Resident Evil 4 wins as the best Gamecube game. Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest video games ever while Metroid Prime isn't. For Metroid to be ahead of RE4 doesn't make much sense.

shadowlink797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 shadowlink797
Member since 2004 • 2113 Posts

They're wrong but IGN always like to build up Metroid for more then it's worth so I'm not really surprised.

Resident Evil 4 wins as the best Gamecube game. Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest video games ever while Metroid Prime isn't. For Metroid to be ahead of RE4 doesn't make much sense.

Jaysonguy

Matt Cassamasina is a huge Metroid fanboy and he is also the editor in cheif of all Nintendo related things on IGN so it is obvious why Metroid is number 1.

In fact I remember there was a video released at the "end" of the last generation where all the editors on the different channels of IGN went through what they thought was the best game for that console and Matt said that he and Bozon were arguing over what game should be number 1, Metroid Prime or RE4, but since Matt is the editor in cheif Metroid was picked.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I agree, infact Metriod Prime was my favourite game last gen. At the end of the day though who cares what IGN think the best game of all time is, its not like it adds anything what so ever to the actually game.
blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts

Jaysonguy

You're acting like its a fact that RE4 > Metroid Prime, when it isn't. Metroid prime is one of the greatest games of all time as well, so having it above Re4 is understandable.. you're acting like its far-fetched.

Anyways, i agree that Prime > RE4.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I personally liked MP better than RE4. I finished Metroid and not RE4 ( I don't know why because I was really enjoying RE4 as well... hmmmm)

I don't think anyone expected MP to be as great as it was because it went from side scrolling to FPS and was done better than any transition I can think of.

I have no problem with MP being rated #1. It's all a matter of opinion and who you're talking to, cases can be made for both games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

blahzor

You're acting like its a fact that RE4 > Metroid Prime, when it isn't. Metroid prime is one of the greatest games of all time as well, so having it above Re4 is understandable.. you're acting like its far-fetched.

I'm not acting like it I'm saying it's pure fact RE 4 is better lol

Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games of all time, some call it the greatest game from last gen. Metroid Prime isn't either one of those therefore you can't have it ahead of it.

Like I and another poster have said, IGN really doesn't know how to not show bias when it concerns Nintendo.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Jaysonguy

That coming from the guy who's never even played Metroid Prime. Stop bashing MP 1 + 2 every chance you get. It's starting to get really old.

Anyway, Prime is one of the best games of all time and deserves this spot.

supersonic49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 supersonic49
Member since 2007 • 3129 Posts
My list would be a bit different. I'm just saying...
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Rocky32189

That coming from the guy who's never even played Metroid Prime. Stop bashing MP 1 + 2 every chance you get. It's starting to get really old.

yeah and plus metroid prime came out in 2002 and has the same quality as resident evil 4.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

blahzor

I do too

Metroid Prime > RE4

no question about it, and one look at GameRankings shows the majority of critics agree.

Matt loves Metroid Prime, as does Greg Kasavin, but I hardly think he's a fanboy, he simply appreciates a Masterpiece, which is more than I can say for this Forum in general.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="blahzor"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games of all time, some call it the greatest game from last gen. Metroid Prime isn't either one of those therefore you can't have it ahead of it.

Like I and another poster have said, IGN really doesn't know how to not show bias when it concerns Nintendo.

LOL, thats the most amusing thing I've read today.

Metroid Prime is considered by many the best game last generation, and unquestionably one of the best games of all time, have you read Greg Kasavin's review? Get your facts straight.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AFBrat77

Resident Evil 4 wins as the best Gamecube game. Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest video games ever while Metroid Prime isn't.For Metroid to be ahead of RE4 doesn't make much sense.

Jaysonguy

baloney, you guys aren't much gamers are you?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="blahzor"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

AFBrat77

Metroid Prime is considered by many the best game last generation, and unquestionably one of the best games of all time, have you read Greg Kasavin's review? Get your facts straight.

Umm, Prime over Gates' system seller?

No, not at all. RE4 was able to contend with it. Prime did not.

blahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blahzor
Member since 2005 • 2287 Posts
I'm not acting like it I'm saying it's pure fact RE 4 is better lolJaysonguy

but it's not. (edit.. er.. i mean its not a fact)

Wha? Metroid Prime is considered one of the best games of all time, and many call it the greatest game last gen. Either way, there are tons of people that believe game A is the best game of all time, doesn't mean said game is.

wait wait wait;you haven't played Metroid Prime?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="blahzor"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Umm, Prime over Gates' system seller?

No, not at all. RE4 was able to contend with it. Prime did not.

Please don't tell me you are using sales in your debate. Please, just no.

Keep in mind RE4 has been on 4 systems selling, Halo on 2, Metroid Prime on 1, its exclusive. But this is immaterial, sales don't tell us what great games are. If that were the case, Sims 2 and some of the Barbie's games would be among the best games ever.

I stand by what I said, Metroid Prime is the better game, and its definitely better than Halo! Ugh, that horrible level design and 5 different enemies most of the game, Halo's sp was mediocre at best. Co-op bailed it out to make it a good game.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
id agree. MP was my favorite gcn game.
Ellimist314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Ellimist314
Member since 2007 • 1375 Posts
Metroid Prime was my favorite GameCube game too. HoweverI haven't played Echoes, and I only played a little of RE4, so maybe that's why.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
It deserves it IMO... the whole MP vs. RE4 thing is essentially preference; they're both masterpieces.
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#20 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Of course it deserves! Whoever thinks otherwise is wrong
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rocky32189

Guys... don't listen to Jasonguy. He's a Metroid Prime 1 + 2 hater who's never even played either game.

Anyway... both MP and RE4 are excellent games and definately the two best Cube games. Either one is worthy to be named the best but IMO, Prime edges it out slightly.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Minishdriveby

yeah and plus metroid prime came out in 2002 and has the same quality as resident evil 4.

What does 2002 have to do with anything? Some Launch Titles are usually the maxed out version of what a console can do.

RE4 is better graphically by far. Especially lighting. Metroid lacked shadows/lighting effects. As well as texture. They're different genre's but it's clear that IGN is largely characterized by its poorly written reviews and haphazard game ratings. Known for giving inflated review scores to very popular or hyped games in order to drive sales for their advertisers and corporate sponsers.

Corporate sponsors like Nintendo and Best Buy, etc, who did nothing but advertise Metroid 3 on their site.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Casiotech
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="blahzor"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

AFBrat77

Greg Kasavin's review? The guy that everyone is calling a Nintendo Fanboy? Alteast RE4 wasn't boring and all backtracking with annoying enemies that only bore and annoy the hell out of you and respawn every time you leave and come back, even if it's 12 seconds later.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Casiotech

I would pick Metroid since Capcom Sold out Nintendo by making all their great hits on all platforms (viewtiful joe, RE4, etc). They should have kept it to Nintendo games only since they are exclusives. I don't think it's fair to give Xbox's/ps2's best the highest GC game of all time.

That said Metroid should be #1. If RE4 was only for GC, then I would give RE4 #1. Since it's on all platforms, there is nothing special about it. Capcom you suck.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Casiotech

What does 2002 have to do with anything? Some Launch Titles are usually the maxed out version of what a console can do.

RE4 is better graphically by far. Especially lighting. Metroid lacked shadows/lighting effects. As well as texture. They're different genre's but it's clear that IGN is largely characterized by its poorly written reviews and haphazard game ratings. Known for giving inflated review scores to very popular or hyped games in order to drive sales for their advertisers and corporate sponsers.

Corporate sponsors like Nintendo and Best Buy, etc, who did nothing but advertise Metroid 3 on their site.

well seeing how metroid prime is soAWSOME AND GREATand it was only made one year after the gamecube, and Resident evil 4 was made 4 years later. I thinkIt means alot. I mean you have one great game early in the life showing how much the gamecubecando. That must have caused alot ofcommotion. I mean Resident evilis very very good too, but we already sawwhat the gamecube could do with MP, though there was some commotion with the new controls in RE4

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="blahzor"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Casiotech

Greg Kasavin's review? The guy that everyone is calling a Nintendo Fanboy? Alteast RE4 wasn't boring and all backtracking with annoying enemies that only bore and annoy the hell out of you and respawn every time you leave and come back, even if it's 12 seconds later.

Where in the world did you get that idea? He was GS's best reviewer, and as I recall, a long time PC Gamer.

Metroid Prime was never boring at any point, and while RE4 is strong Prime eclipses it in 4 or 5 key areas.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AFBrat77
[QUOTE="Casiotech"][QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Minishdriveby

well seeing how metroid prime is soAWSOME AND GREATand it was only made one year after the gamecube, and Resident evil 4 was made 4 years later. I thinkIt means alot. I mean you have one great game early in the life showing how much the gamecubecando. That must have caused alot ofcommotion. I mean Resident evilis very very good too, but we already sawwhat the gamecube could do with MP, though there was some commotion with the new controls in RE4

Prime is still a Masterpiece and hasn't aged a day since 2002. Graphics (and art direction) at 60fps is still awesome.

RE4 took away Resident Evil's Survival Horror identity and made it a 3rd person shooter, perhaps the best of its kind, but still a sacrifice. RE4 is a great game, but its slightly overrated, whereas Prime is underrated, 1 of only 2 games last gen (IMO) that deserved a perfect score. The other was the PC version of Half-Life 2.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Casiotech
underrated?! It was BORING. All you do is fight worthless enemies and a few bosses whilst running back and forth hundreds of times through the same scenery which gets boring after 4 hours. Same with the small, repetitive music score.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Casiotech

LOL. No game reviewer nerd is better than me. Better than you? If you say so... LOL.

Clearly he made RE4 have a 9.6 because he didn't want it to beat MP. Had he given MP a 9.9 RE4 would have gotten a 9.8. He did it to keep RE4 in it's place as second best.

What does a stupid review score mean? NOTHING. It's given by a guy who's clearly bias. If reviewed by others without corporate pressure who lean towards dark, gritty games, RE4 would reign supreme.

This is like comparing Gears of War to MP3. Gears is way superior in all aspects, yet MP fanboys will still rave about how MP3 is the greatest game ever made.

RE4 is packed with replay value and technical superiority. MP was a First Person Adventure, which was new. Make it a 3rd person game and it's just another Action/adventure, run of the mill game which has been done countless times on GC and previous platforms (Zelda, Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman, Starfox Adventures, etc..)

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Minishdriveby

LOL. No game reviewer nerd is better than me. Better than you? If you say so... LOL.

Clearly he made RE4 have a 9.6 because he didn't want it to beat MP. Had he given MP a 9.9 RE4 would have gotten a 9.8. He did it to keep RE4 in it's place as second best.

What does a stupid review score mean? NOTHING. It's given by a guy who's clearly bias. If reviewed by others without corporate pressure who lean towards dark, gritty games, RE4 would reign supreme.

This is like comparing Gears of War to MP3. Gears is way superior in all aspects, yet MP fanboys will still rave about how MP3 is the greatest game ever made.

RE4 is packed with replay value and technical superiority. MP was a First Person Adventure, which was new. Make it a 3rd person game and it's just another Action/adventure, run of the mill game which has been done countless times on GC and previous platforms (Zelda, Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman, Starfox Adventures, etc..)

Casiotech

okay =)

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rocky32189

Casiotech, learn how to edit your posts. There's no point in double or triple posting just to inflate your post count.

Anyway, everyone has opinions. No game review is more credible than any other review and no review is "correct".

I would pick Metroid since Capcom Sold out Nintendo by making all their great hits on all platforms (viewtiful joe, RE4, etc). They should have kept it to Nintendo games only since they are exclusives. I don't think it's fair to give Xbox's/ps2's best the highest GC game of all time.

Capcom sold out? Last time I checked they were one of the few third parties that actually gave GC a chance.

If most GC users actually bought third party games, maybe they wouldn't of had to make PS2 versions. With a game that took as long as RE4 to make, they needed to sell tons of copies to offset development. GC could not provide that. Not only did GC systems sell poorly but third party games didn't sell well either. Gaming is a business and these companies are trying to make money.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Casiotech
yeah right, gave Nintendo a chance? Are you kidding me? Soul Calibur II sold the most copies for the GAMECUBE!!!
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AFBrat77

underrated?! It was BORING. All you do is fight worthless enemies and a few bosses whilst running back and forth hundreds of times through the same scenery which gets boring after 4 hours. Same with the small, repetitive music score.Casiotech

You dare say that and then give Star Fox Adventures a perfect score.

Man, what are you thinking?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Minishdriveby

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]underrated?! It was BORING. All you do is fight worthless enemies and a few bosses whilst running back and forth hundreds of times through the same scenery which gets boring after 4 hours. Same with the small, repetitive music score.AFBrat77

STAR FOX ADVENTURES WASWAY MORE TEDIOUS! jeeze i just keep laughing... i cant stop... i mean its irresistable.

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Casiotech
[QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]underrated?! It was BORING. All you do is fight worthless enemies and a few bosses whilst running back and forth hundreds of times through the same scenery which gets boring after 4 hours. Same with the small, repetitive music score.Minishdriveby

STAR FOX ADVENTURES WASWAY MORE TEDIOUS! jeeze i just keep laughing... i cant stop... i mean its irresistable.

MAYBE BECAUSE STAR FOX WAS UNDERRATED!!!! Starfox was more of an adventure/RPG. It's supposed to be tedious but it didn't feel that way. 20 hours spent there went much faster than in MP. In addition, for it's genre, it's the best out there for GC.

I rated it in mind for a kid to play, not an adult. As an adult I would give it 7/8.0. Since kids will be searching reviews for it, mine would help them out because I know in their eyes it would be a perfect 10. Personally. I beat it twice before I got bored of it. I couldn't say the same for MP.

Probably because the game had... personality.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Definitely best game last gen. RE4 is a close second.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Minishdriveby
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"][QUOTE="AFBrat77"]

[QUOTE="Casiotech"]underrated?! It was BORING. All you do is fight worthless enemies and a few bosses whilst running back and forth hundreds of times through the same scenery which gets boring after 4 hours. Same with the small, repetitive music score.Casiotech

MAYBE BECAUSE STAR FOX WAS UNDERRATED!!!! Starfox was more of an adventure/RPG. It's supposed to be tedious but it didn't feel that way. 20 hours spent there went much faster than in MP. In addition, for it's genre, it's the best out there for GC.

I rated it in mind for a kid to play, not an adult. As an adult I would give it 7/8.0. Since kids will be searching reviews for it, mine would help them out because I know in their eyes it would be a perfect 10. Personally. I beat it twice before I got bored of it. I couldn't say the same for MP.

Probably because the game had... personality.

games arent suppose to be tedious...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#41 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

Metroid Prime had so much back-tracking that it was almost unbearable at times. I hated going from point A to point B, and seemed like they only did that to extend the length of the game. It's an 8.6 out of 10 in my mind. The backtracking sucked, the combat system could've been improved upon, the aiming system sucked since you had to stay stationary to direct your shot, and I didn't like the way the storyline was presented. Still fun, though.

Resident Evil 4 was a lot longer, and the combat system and storyline were a million times better than Metroid Prime's. No backtracking. It was great. 9.4 out of 10 for me.

But I still think The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Fire Emblem: PathOf Radiance, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Zelda: Collector's Edition, and maybe another game I'm forgetting, are better titles. Still, I loved Resident Evil 4.

Also, why the heck was Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat even on that list? You are telling me it beat Path Of Radiance, Twilight Princess, The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut, and pretty much every other title? Please, it took less than three hours to beat without much replay value. The innovation part of it was stupid. I hated beating the stupid drums to move, and the bosses lost their charm after the fourth one, since they just became the same thing, except with a few new moves, as well as being stronger.

Ramble, ramble, ramble...

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rocky32189

yeah right, gave Nintendo a chance? Are you kidding me? Soul Calibur II sold the most copies for the GAMECUBE!!!

What does Soul Calibur have anything to do that? Capcom was practically the only company that actually wanted to make exclusive games for the Gamecube. Maybe if they sold better, the games could have stayed exclusive. And If the Gamecube SCII sales were so good, why did they make SCIII PS2 exclusive?

games arent suppose to be tedious...

If you read his review, you'd know that the "amazing water effects" more than made up for the boring gameplay...

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Casiotech

yes those water effects can redeem any boring game. But SFA wasn't boring.

You said that not enough people buy 3rd party games. SCII is one good example of that. As for your simple question about the ps2 exclusive....

''Synopsis: Every good collection needs a solid fighting game, and we can't think of a better fighter to add to our own Top 25 than Namco's Soulcalibur II. In most gamer's minds, SCII is the gem of the series. Releasing on all three systems, the title had a golden year in 2003-2004. Each version includes a specific character, and no other version sold as well as the Cube package, offering good ole' Link as the headlining character. Where did the franchise go after that? For some odd reason ($), the series made ($) its way over to the PS2 ($). Makes sense, right? After all, it sold the best on ($) the Cube, so why not bring it to ($) PS2 instead? All joking aside, fans can't complain too much. After all, the GCN got the best version anyways, and nobody can take that away now. It's a sweet little package, and well worth the price. Maybe Namco will give the series a much-needed return on Wii. In the meantime, pick this game up and cherish it.''-ign.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Minishdriveby

yes those water effects can redeem any boring game. But SFA wasn't boring.

You said that not enough people buy 3rd party games. SCII is one good example of that. As for your simple question about the ps2 exclusive....

''Synopsis: Every good collection needs a solid fighting game, and we can't think of a better fighter to add to our own Top 25 than Namco's Soulcalibur II. In most gamer's minds, SCII is the gem of the series. Releasing on all three systems, the title had a golden year in 2003-2004. Each version includes a specific character, and no other version sold as well as the Cube package, offering good ole' Link as the headlining character. Where did the franchise go after that? For some odd reason ($), the series made ($) its way over to the PS2 ($). Makes sense, right? After all, it sold the best on ($) the Cube, so why not bring it to ($) PS2 instead? All joking aside, fans can't complain too much. After all, the GCN got the best version anyways, and nobody can take that away now. It's a sweet little package, and well worth the price. Maybe Namco will give the series a much-needed return on Wii. In the meantime, pick this game up and cherish it.''-ign.

Casiotech

so if you have a game thats so glitchy to the point that you can't play it, but it has great water effects like SFA you would give it a 10? Or how bout if Metroid had SFA's water effects would you give it a 10 then?

Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Casiotech

how was SFA glitchy? If it had great water effects and blur/fire effects, even the lighting effects were amazing. (Especially when Fox stood on the portal and the light wrapped around him in the pattern of the grate underneath.) I would probably give it a 8.5 which is great for MP. 9 is a stretch. It's no 9.7.

Either way it's really boring because the backtracking was WAY to much. The maps were a pain to read (I found myself going in the wrong direction plenty of times because the angle of the maps could confuse you. Elevators took you around and around instead of where you need to go right away) If the game was shortened to be about 10-15 hours instead of 15-20, it would be more interesting.

Face it, chozo ghosts are no fun fighting. Which are pretty much the only enemies towards the last 5 hours aside of bugs, bees and other boring enemies.. The AI was non existant.

Running around in the dark fighting metroids is pretty annoying too, unless you are a die hard Metroid fan. I don't see why anyone would want to backtrack so much and find it enjoyable. I really don't.

See backtracking in Metroid isn't satisfying. SFA had a story and many cutscenes which progressed the movement and made the backtracking seem realistic. Also you had to fly to many different parts of the world to get different objectives done. Weather/day/night effects help dramatically.

If Starfox Adventures were a little more mature and in first person with blaster, it could definately be more interesting than MP so long as RARE makes it.

MP had a good sense of Atmosphere but the fact that it always rained in one part and was snowing in another part (which only takes 2 minutes of walking to get too, is laughable.)

All in all, whoever reviewed MP did so with the whole FPS revolutionary idea that MP brought to the table. If it were called anything other than Metroid game, it would get a 8.0.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Minishdriveby

how was SFA glitchy? If it had great water effects and blur/fire effects, even the lighting effects were amazing. (Especially when Fox stood on the portal and the light wrapped around him in the pattern of the grate underneath.) I would probably give it a 8.5 which is great for MP. 9 is a stretch. It's no 9.7.

Either way it's really boring because the backtracking was WAY to much. The maps were a pain to read (I found myself going in the wrong direction plenty of times because the angle of the maps could confuse you. Elevators took you around and around instead of where you need to go right away) If the game was shortened to be about 10-15 hours instead of 15-20, it would be more interesting.

Face it, chozo ghosts are no fun fighting. Which are pretty much the only enemies towards the last 5 hours aside of bugs, bees and other boring enemies.. The AI was non existant.

Running around in the dark fighting metroids is pretty annoying too, unless you are a die hard Metroid fan. I don't see why anyone would want to backtrack so much and find it enjoyable. I really don't.

See backtracking in Metroid isn't satisfying. SFA had a story and many cutscenes which progressed the movement and made the backtracking seem realistic. Also you had to fly to many different parts of the world to get different objectives done. Weather/day/night effects help dramatically.

If Starfox Adventures were a little more mature and in first person with blaster, it could definately be more interesting than MP so long as RARE makes it.

MP had a good sense of Atmosphere but the fact that it always rained in one part and was snowing in another part (which only takes 2 minutes of walking to get too, is laughable.)

All in all, whoever reviewed MP did so with the whole FPS revolutionary idea that MP brought to the table. If it were called anything other than Metroid game, it would get a 8.0.

Casiotech

i never said SFA was glitchy. I asked if you have a very glitch game but has great water effects like the water effects in SFA would you give it a 10, because you said the effectscould redeem a broing game. Then I gave you another example and asked if metroid prime (which you thought was very boring) has effects like SFA would you give it a 10.No where in my post did i state that SFA was glitchy.

Metroid had a story though you have to read.... I beat it in 13 my first go through, didnt use a guide, and got every items and scanned everything. It's wasn't 20 hours long. I would hate a 1st person star fox game that would suck. Maybe if it was third person and he had a blaster. You know how annoying it was to shoot with the staff in 1st person! Metroid Prime had different environments, As i recall so did star fox andyou could warp to the snow region in 10 seconds! But reallyto get to phendra drifts fromTallon Over world takes alot longer then 2 minutes. Cause you have to go down in the Magmoor mines, and cross through those to get there. Probably dueto the fact that they are sepperated by mountains, which explains different climates. Phendra Drifts seems to be at a higher elevation too.

gcps2master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 gcps2master
Member since 2006 • 2096 Posts
where were the starfox and sonicgames in that list, they were my faves even more so than RE4 and MP, SSBM was the only one that deserveed to be at the top in their list
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Casiotech

I don't see how you could have beat it your first go. Most people can't beat it in 13 hours even if they know where they're going... Either way, I don't see how the weather can change so fast even with 10 minutes of walking... But it's scaled down. I'm not saying SFA First person was done well, but if it had auto aim, etc, it could have been great.

First person adventures are more memorable than 3rd person ones. Probably because most games are done in 3rd person and all 1st person games are made to be linear shooters.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rocky32189

Everything you've said about SCII is true but the thing, SCII was not an exclusive.Capcom actually wanted to make exclusive Cube games unlike other third parties.Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part, third party games didn't sell well on the Cube.

That's not true at all. When it was announced that the Metroid series going 3D, first person, and being developed by a little known American developer people were up in arms. Everyone was mad and thought the game would suck. They prepared for a horrible game. MP really came out of no where and surprised everyone. And I think you're in the minority. Prime was the third highest reviewed game of all time: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

I don't see how you could have beat it your first go. Most people can't beat it in 13 hours even if they know where they're going...

If you don't go crazy scanning, collecting, and exploring the game can easily be beaten in that time frame.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Minishdriveby

Everything you've said about SCII is true but the thing, SCII was not an exclusive.Capcom actually wanted to make exclusive Cube games unlike other third parties.Of course there are exceptions, but for the most part, third party games didn't sell well on the Cube.

That's not true at all. When it was announced that the Metroid series going 3D, first person, and being developed by a little known American developer people were up in arms. Everyone was mad and thought the game would suck. They prepared for a horrible game. MP really came out of no where and surprised everyone. And I think you're in the minority. Prime was the third highest reviewed game of all time: http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp?rankings=y

I don't see how you could have beat it your first go. Most people can't beat it in 13 hours even if they know where they're going...

If you don't go crazy scanning, collecting, and exploring the game can easily be beaten in that time frame.

Rocky32189

I scanned everything... and got everything... lol But to answer casiotechs question about the ice levels. It looked to me that phendra drifts was in the mountains. When you go higher up it gets colder! I kinda noticed they were mountains cause of the more elevated areas, and the morphball bridge that you had to go on, if you looked aroung those bridges, you could see peakes (mountain tops) which could most likely mean your on a mountain. You have to walk 10 minutes through a mine and the elevator you take brings you very high up; higher than the elevator that takes you to tallon overworld.