itsdatkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 itsdatkid
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts

hey just wanted to know if anyone could let me know where i can get a list of the games that run in progressive scan mode

vauba_haoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vauba_haoly
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
I don't have a list but I think most gamecube games do.  Ther is a symbol on the back of the game boxes if they do and if my memory serves correctly there are very few games from my large collection that don't have it.  The only one I can think of without it is (I think) Pikmin which was a launch title.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
I don't have a list but I think most gamecube games do. Ther is a symbol on the back of the game boxes if they do and if my memory serves correctly there are very few games from my large collection that don't have it. The only one I can think of without it is (I think) Pikmin which was a launch title.vauba_haoly
There are quite a few games without it like...Ikaruga, REmake, Eternal Darkness, Warioware, Mario Parties, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Luigis Mansion, A lot of EA sports games, Super Mario Sunshine, and Animal Crossing all DONT support progressive scan. So really, I would say its just a select amount, like less than 1/2 of the games...
vauba_haoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 vauba_haoly
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
[QUOTE="vauba_haoly"]I don't have a list but I think most gamecube games do. Ther is a symbol on the back of the game boxes if they do and if my memory serves correctly there are very few games from my large collection that don't have it. The only one I can think of without it is (I think) Pikmin which was a launch title.ice_radon
There are quite a few games without it like...Ikaruga, REmake, Eternal Darkness, Warioware, Mario Parties, Mario Kart, Wave Race, Luigis Mansion, A lot of EA sports games, Super Mario Sunshine, and Animal Crossing all DONT support progressive scan. So really, I would say its just a select amount, like less than 1/2 of the games...

Ok well most of those games you mentioned are older games or even launch titles. So I guess we could say most games that came out later rather than earlier have it.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
[QUOTE="ice_radon"][QUOTE="vauba_haoly"]I don't have a list but I think most gamecube games do. Ther is a symbol on the back of the game boxes if they do and if my memory serves correctly there are very few games from my large collection that don't have it. The only one I can think of without it is (I think) Pikmin which was a launch title.vauba_haoly

Ok well most of those games you mentioned are older games or even launch titles. So I guess we could say most games that came out later rather than earlier have it.

Yeah, but the thing is that the launch box supported the Progressive Scan outputs, but it was like right after the limited edition zelda gamecube came out in November of 2003 that they stopped making the gamecubes...so technically, why would the newer games have progressive scan if nintendo discontinued it only 2 years into its life cycle? You know what I mean? I really wish most games did have progressive support. Sure, the cables alone clean up the picture, but progressive really sharpens it up a bit.
Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, I am pretty sure almost all of the cube games support progressive scan, they just removed the little icon on the back of the box. I own a half decent amount of games and every one of them is progressive scan. Some of them are pretty new as well. I remember I saw a list somewhere before but can't find it. Either way, I think you should be good buying most games that arent games from a series (Mario party) or sports games which normally dont support it.