Did Twilight Princess live up to your expectations?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Cause it didn't for me. Not saying that it sucked though, it's my 3rd personal favorite out of the Zelda batch, but to me, the game just seemed too easy.
Drkr_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Drkr_Zen
Member since 2004 • 7330 Posts

It surpassed my own, actually.

I expected another good ol' romp through Hyrule with traditional LoZ gameplay, but nothing like this.

The graphics were very well done, art/character design was great, the story was awesome and the characters, all of them, really brought it the whole game world to life. For once, Hyrule felt like an actual thriving and living world with characters that had lives and not just roles, as in previous LoZ games.

But anyway.. yeah, to me.. it ranks up there with the greats of LttP and OoT, as well as among all Cube games and most action/adventure ones, too.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts
Yes it did. After the different settings and style of Majoras Mask and Wind Waker, I was looking forward to a true blue, "traditional" Zelda game ala Ocarina or Link to the Past. A good ol' romp through Hyrule with a lot of the series' staples there was something I was looking forward to, and Twilight delivered great on that.
nejia7x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nejia7x
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
yes and i havent even played it yet
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jakedogg14
Member since 2003 • 665 Posts
Yes it did, now stop making forums for the sole purpose of complaining about how much you disliked Zelda TP.
coylenintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#6 coylenintendo
Member since 2005 • 13713 Posts
It's not as great as I thought it was going to be, it seems like it was a little overhyped. but its still a good game
Avatar image for GoldenSilence87
GoldenSilence87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 GoldenSilence87
Member since 2004 • 1047 Posts
It's not as great as I thought it was going to be, it seems like it was a little overhyped. but its still a good gamecoylenintendo
Agreed. I do think it was overhyped not just as a game but as Nintendo's "savior" game. Still, a fitting farewell for our Cube.
staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts
I honestly felt like it could have been a lot better.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
Yes it did, now stop making forums for the sole purpose of complaining about how much you disliked Zelda TP.jakedogg14
he made a forum? as for TP yeah it did but it was more traditional than i expected, i knew it wouldn't beat link to the past and Oot but i liked it better than wind waker... WW was awesome but too short and easy, tons of fun, but easy, i never died and in TP i died like 3 or 4 times.
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jakedogg14
[QUOTE="jakedogg14"]Yes it did, now stop making forums for the sole purpose of complaining about how much you disliked Zelda TP.grafkhun
he made a forum? as for TP yeah it did but it was more traditional than i expected, i knew it wouldn't beat link to the past and Oot but i liked it better than wind waker... WW was awesome but too short and easy, tons of fun, but easy, i never died and in TP i died like 3 or 4 times.

That's what this is right? Forum, thread, board, whatever you like to call it.
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
When I compare this game to Majora's Mask and OoT I see an ABYSMAL game. The story line was all in cutscenes, so there was no detail when it came to depth. What was the point of the fairy? Why was Midna even created? Personally, I think Zant was cool until I fought the wimpy loser. Link looks like a girl, ganon was cheesy and easy( just like the whole game) The temples were bland, not enough enemies, items were new but barely used, and overall the game just seemed like it was thrown together too fast.
SH_guY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 SH_guY
Member since 2004 • 1108 Posts
When I compare this game to Majora's Mask and OoT I see an ABYSMAL game. The story line was all in cutscenes, so there was no detail when it came to depth. What was the point of the fairy? Why was Midna even created? Personally, I think Zant was cool until I fought the wimpy loser. Link looks like a girl, ganon was cheesy and easy( just like the whole game) The temples were bland, not enough enemies, items were new but barely used, and overall the game just seemed like it was thrown together too fast.FPSjohn
i couldnt agree more. i thought zant was awesome....until i fought him and thats when i lost ALL my respect for him. what was once this awesome, really sinister seeming dude then turns into some weird maniac who acts like a pansy. and then ganondorf was way too easy and the battles with him were so anti-climatic unlike the ones in say OOT or WW. i didnt enjoy the temples either, infact in most cases i was thinking to myself 'oh no not another temple' (although some were good in terms of puzzles) overall i wish the game had come out ALOT earlier because having waited so long for... this... thing... it really dissapoints me.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Yes it did, now stop making forums for the sole purpose of complaining about how much you disliked Zelda TP.jakedogg14

If you actually read what I said, I was pleased with TP, and did enjoy it. I just thought that it would be better than what I was expecting.
jakedogg14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jakedogg14
[QUOTE="jakedogg14"]Yes it did, now stop making forums for the sole purpose of complaining about how much you disliked Zelda TP.Legendaryscmt

If you actually read what I said, I was pleased with TP, and did enjoy it. I just thought that it would be better than what I was expecting.

Yeah I was being blunt. My point is there are just a ton of people making threads about how much they disliked the game or how it was a disappoinment or not as good as they expected. I'm just saying this forum needs some new topics to discuss.
wario512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wario512
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

its ok. not the best zelda but not the worst.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#16 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts
It passed my expectations, and I am very happy with it. I can't wait to finally finish it and write my goddamn review.
hyrueprince11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 hyrueprince11
Member since 2005 • 5722 Posts

yes and i havent even played it yetnejia7x

I thought the same as you until I played it, it´s a really good game but I expected something even better than oot, at the beginning I thought it was better than oot but whjen I finished the fourth or fifth temple I got dissapointed

Avatar image for theheavydrinker
theheavydrinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 theheavydrinker
Member since 2004 • 1524 Posts
nope. Felt too "mmorpg-ish" for me. It wasn't bad; it just wasn't good.
FPSjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FPSjohn
Member since 2005 • 993 Posts
Pretty disapointing. To be honest, it wouldn't upset me one bit if this game got a score as low as a 7.0. I can name 15 things that makes the game horrible to me.
mac906

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mac906
Member since 2005 • 22536 Posts
It turned out to be about what I expected, a game that I really like. :)
LordelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LordelX
Member since 2004 • 1376 Posts

Cause it didn't for me. Not saying that it sucked though, it's my 3rd personal favorite out of the Zelda batch, but to me, the game just seemed too easy.Legendaryscmt

It went well beyond my expectations. It took me 90 hours to see everything. Great game.

And if getting hot girls wasn't a rare event for you, you wouldn't be proclaiming it in your signature. Just thought you might want to know how transparent that is.

kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts

not really i expected a OoT sequel not a half sequel half its own game

good game but the story killed it for me.

vgmkyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23 vgmkyle
Member since 2004 • 8693 Posts
I had a ton of fun.But I expect something a bit better.Hyrule Fields bit the dust.:(
BIGSUMO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BIGSUMO
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I found some of the puzzles and bosses to be on the easy side. I was hoping for a faster-paced last boss fight. And a big freaking two-handed sword because I loved it in Ocarina.

kelderon56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 kelderon56
Member since 2003 • 31 Posts
    It definately surpased my expectations. The game was just plain fun to play and explore for countless hours. It may have seemed a bit easy here and there, but for sometone who has played Zelda games for years now thats explainable.

The temples in the game were very well done I thought, bringing in new looks and weapons to master, while not making it frustratingly hard to get the hang of them. Wolf form was probally the only let down for me, I wanted more of it!
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
Pretty much what I expected except the difficulty which was way to easy (and in turn made the players motivation to side quest dwindle).
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts
Nope, its my least favorite of ALL of them.  Too dull.
Schadenfreude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Schadenfreude
Member since 2005 • 1901 Posts
Pretty disapointing. To be honest, it wouldn't upset me one bit if this game got a score as low as a 7.0. I can name 15 things that makes the game horrible to me.FPSjohn
Care to go ahead and name those? I haven't played the game yet so I'm interested in seeing the pros/cons of the game.
nvorgang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 nvorgang
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts
It went beyond my expectations.  All I thought it would be is just another OoT.  I was extremely surprised.  I have lost some interest in gaming in this past game generation (the ps2, xbox, gcn era), but this game brought back my love of gaming, especially console gaming.  Im serious about that, I felt there was little innovation this past generation.  I'm glad this game was worth the wait.  It's been a while since I've gamed for like 5 hours strait for a week in a very long time.  That's why I love Nintendo: they can kindle or rekindle anybody's love in gaming.  And oh yeah, TP is tied with OoT as my favorite zelda game.  
Duckyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Duckyhunter
Member since 2003 • 4910 Posts
The entire game was one big yawn for me.  I think the 8.9 that GameSpot gave it was extremely generous.
Tok3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#31 Tok3d
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts
The presentation surpassed my expectations. But the gameplay itself was merley OOT with better graphics. Although that is what i wanted anyway...
Avatar image for zeldafreak721DM
zeldafreak721DM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zeldafreak721DM
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I dont see why you couldnt like tp it was great! i think only a true zelda fan could have really liked this game. this was a great game but it could never beat ocarina of time
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
No, it didnt. Sadly, Nintendo brags about how they are an innovative company, but with TP they showed that they arent. This is just an Ocarina of Time with better graphics and bigger world. The gameplay is the same, the story is the same, the fields, the characters everything is the same. I played this game eight years ago if you ask me.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#34 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
It was much better than I expected, actually I try not to hype games, many people did it with TP and they got disappointed, I think the same thing is going to happen with SSBB when it comes out, people are expecting to much of that game, it may wind up not being that good.
GamerGirlPwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GamerGirlPwnz
Member since 2006 • 4501 Posts
Yes.... :lol: It was amazing and far more than I expected.
miniduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 miniduck
Member since 2003 • 1063 Posts

It surpassed my expectations....and I had dang high expectations. TP pretty much seemed like it was tailor-made for me.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
Passed them.