tevlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tevlar
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Where is the "fantasy" in Final Fantasy? The further we go, the more SciFi Steampunk the game becomes. It actually is more like Xenogears then FInal Fantasy. Another thing i liked about the old FF games was the Active Time Battle system. FF for me has always been a strategic game, not Devil May Cry/God of War:ish buttonmashing game. Chrono Cross had the best system, you could avoid enemies, but it also had ATB. (I dont like the RPGs where you character fights and run around all over place during combat though, rather have them standing in line like in FF 1 to 10) I want the FF series to go back to its roots, back to Fantasy, focus on the story and not fancy effects and clothes, and return to ATB system. FF6 was the peak together with FF7 and Tactics, then it went slowly downhill. Now its just the name left. Kingdom Hearts is their best RPG serie now.
Avatar image for sephirothsfan02
sephirothsfan02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sephirothsfan02
Member since 2008 • 472 Posts
It is more Final Fantasy than all the the FFs releasd in the last decade. It has open world maps, what seems to be a very fascinating storyline and the most interesting cast of characters I`ve seen since VII. The battle-system is dissidia like with a touch of FF VI and KH which in my opinion is superior to the old ATB system. All in all this is probably the closest we`ll get to a Fiinal Fantasy since a looong time
MrGarretJonLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrGarretJonLee
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
THANKYOU!!!!!!!
abnergoinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 abnergoinbig
Member since 2011 • 81 Posts

This looks like it's going to become my favorite FF game, personally. Can't f'ing wait!

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

I've got mixed feelings about it. Finally a new FF XV, which we could have had muuuch muuuch earlier if FF XIV wouldn't have been the massive flop it was and still is, I assume, but on the other hand, it was about goddamn time that the Offline section of FF moves on after the much hated XIII....but then again...this game originally WAS intended to be part of the XIII-Fabula Nova Crystalis Saga AND it's core IS already 7 years old >.<

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
I think it will be good, a good game is a good game. 6,7,10,12 were great after 6 the rest kind of sucked (9 was average) and I am open to change. I always loved the characters and settings but hated the combat, hopefully it's like DMC, that would be sick.
olkkis86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 olkkis86
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

must buy this game!!

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

This game is FFXV because Square-Enix knows that FFXIII didn't do so well, and they likely don't want to associate this game with XIII

ZikenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZikenX
Member since 2006 • 3679 Posts

I think the fantasy part of the games are for us to think if the game will come out and if it will be good.

gehwesij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gehwesij
Member since 2002 • 276 Posts

i miss the lagitamit final fantasy through final fantasy 9 where they DID NOT try and make almost/compleatly, everyone, and everything, and act like real life, or (in 15)knock off's of other game's/movie's/t.v. serie's.

for example, in 15 trailer's i've seen, not only dose it seem like it play's like hitman, ghost recon, grand theft auto,and other shooter/stealth game's, but they've gone and ripped off pokemon monster's, fable creature's, defiance landscape/creature's, godzilla serie's monster's, among other's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9cbf62c19be
deactivated-5c9cbf62c19be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#14 deactivated-5c9cbf62c19be
Member since 2014 • 273 Posts

@tevlar: how ***!

hwret

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hwret
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

I agree with OPs topic, though not the content.

For me it stoped being a proper FF game when they made it a bloody sandbox game.They runied Metal Gear Solid with it, and now FF.... what happened to good ol fashioned linear JRPG? FF 4, 6, 7, 9, 10 (minus voice acting) were all wonderful games! The very peak of JRPG genre.