SNES FF vs. PS1 FF: Listen up, valereth-1 and Yonathin3155!

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts
FF6 is NOT a Medieval fantasy game. Trains, Robots, Airships, ect did not exist during the Middle Ages, As for his excuse about stuff like Castles, Kings, Queens, Emperors, Swords, ect. That stuff existed well into the French Revolution.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 valereth-1
Member since 2009 • 9249 Posts
All of that has nothing to do with the setting itself WHICH IS MEDIVAL FANTASY. Final Fantasy I had a floating castle, an airship and a mech. It is still fantasy, though. You fail.
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 samanthademeste

All of that has nothing to do with the setting itself WHICH IS MEDIVAL FANTASY. Final Fantasy I had a floating castle, an airship and a mech. It is still fantasy, though. You fail.valereth-1

Translation: French Revolution=Middle Ages

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
Just give it up, Sam. We all know who has this won.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]All of that has nothing to do with the setting itself WHICH IS MEDIVAL FANTASY. Final Fantasy I had a floating castle, an airship and a mech. It is still fantasy, though. You fail.samanthademeste

The fuedal system used in the game=middle ages. You fail.
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 samanthademeste
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]All of that has nothing to do with the setting itself WHICH IS MEDIVAL FANTASY. Final Fantasy I had a floating castle, an airship and a mech. It is still fantasy, though. You fail.valereth-1

The fuedal system used in the game=middle ages. You fail.

There is no feudal system in FF6.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 valereth-1
An emperor that rules over everything. the land deficed into smaller kingdoms with their own castles and rulers. Final Fantasy VI has that. That is a fuedal system. You fail.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Wow. What idiot officer kept this topic open. Close the damn thing. Even GS admins and moderators dont tolerate all this. I swear you 2 could be brothers. But hiting eachother with facts. But i do have to agree with magitekk (sorry if i got the name wrong. Typing this tired.). Who has given enough proof to end a war. Now both of you give it a rest. Am guessing your old enough to wear the big boy pants. So i'm sure you have better things to do rather than argue about irrelevant things. Your both as stubborn and as ignorant as eachother. No-one elses opinions means anything to you. Unless someone agrees with you then you'll be kissing they're feet. I'm an unbelievably stubborn git, but even i can accept others opinions. I dont draw up diagrams on how and why they're wrong. I dont care. If i like something then its what i like. If i think the definition of something means something else then that just me. Now get over it. No winners here. Only 2 losers who cant get along. Fire back if you want. Waste of time.
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 samanthademeste

An emperor that rules over everything. the land deficed into smaller kingdoms with their own castles and rulers. Final Fantasy VI has that. That is a fuedal system. You fail.valereth-1

That type of thing existed during the Renissance and the French Revolution.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 magitekk

Wow. What idiot officer kept this topic open. Close the damn thing. Even GS admins and moderators dont tolerate all this. I swear you 2 could be brothers. But hiting eachother with facts. But i do have to agree with magitekk (sorry if i got the name wrong. Typing this tired.). Who has given enough proof to end a war. Now both of you give it a rest. Am guessing your old enough to wear the big boy pants. So i'm sure you have better things to do rather than argue about irrelevant things. Your both as stubborn and as ignorant as eachother. No-one elses opinions means anything to you. Unless someone agrees with you then you'll be kissing they're feet. I'm an unbelievably stubborn git, but even i can accept others opinions. I dont draw up diagrams on how and why they're wrong. I dont care. If i like something then its what i like. If i think the definition of something means something else then that just me. Now get over it. No winners here. Only 2 losers who cant get along. Fire back if you want. Waste of time.ffxjunky06

If you agree with me, and I'm a loser, does that make you a loser as well?

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]An emperor that rules over everything. the land deficed into smaller kingdoms with their own castles and rulers. Final Fantasy VI has that. That is a fuedal system. You fail.samanthademeste

*headdesk* IT IS A FUEDAL SYSTEM AND FURTHER PROOF THAT IT IS A MEDIEVAL SETTING
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 magitekk
[QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]An emperor that rules over everything. the land deficed into smaller kingdoms with their own castles and rulers. Final Fantasy VI has that. That is a fuedal system. You fail.valereth-1

*headdesk* IT IS A FUEDAL SYSTEM AND FURTHER PROOF THAT IT IS A MEDIEVAL SETTING

It's easy to say that you really have your definitions mixed up. Feudalism =/= Middle Ages. As a matter of fact, in many instances, feudalism is alive and present today.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]An emperor that rules over everything. the land deficed into smaller kingdoms with their own castles and rulers. Final Fantasy VI has that. That is a fuedal system. You fail.magitekk

It's easy to say that you really have your definitions mixed up. Feudalism =/= Middle Ages. As a matter of fact, in many instances, feudalism is alive and present today.

It is a HUGE part of the middle ages. I nanmed other things that show it to be a medieval fantasy. You are still wrong
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="samanthademeste"]

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]An emperor that rules over everything. the land deficed into smaller kingdoms with their own castles and rulers. Final Fantasy VI has that. That is a fuedal system. You fail.valereth-1

It is a HUGE part of the middle ages. I nanmed other things that show it to be a medieval fantasy. You are still wrong

"You are wrong."

Another nickel for me.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 valereth-1
Just being honest
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 magitekk

Just being honestvalereth-1

According to you, everyone's wrong.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ffxjunky06
Actually no magitekk. I agree with what you've said to prove your case. I dont agree with your childish arguement here on whos right and wrong. You seem to have a need to prove your right over and over again and try to back them up into a corner. That makes you a loser. You could easy walk away from this but you continue to argue and prove your case. Why, if you know your right? To get 1 up on someone. Your both sad by constantly arguing over a pointless subject. You must have better things to do. *waves* officers, you there. Keep looking and you'll find the lock button. The unions credibility will definately get hurt by this if you dont get a move on and do your job. Simple decision if you read this rubbish. *Moded* Can see that coming.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 magitekk

Actually no magitekk. I agree with what you've said to prove your case. I dont agree with your childish arguement here on whos right and wrong. You seem to have a need to prove your right over and over again and try to back them up into a corner. That makes you a loser. You could easy walk away from this but you continue to argue and prove your case. Why, if you know your right? To get 1 up on someone. Your both sad by constantly arguing over a pointless subject. You must have better things to do. *waves* officers, you there. Keep looking and you'll find the lock button. The unions credibility will definately get hurt by this if you dont get a move on and do your job. Simple decision if you read this rubbish. *Moded* Can see that coming.ffxjunky06

I can't see why this bothers you at all; you're not involved. We can go back and forth all we like, it's not bothering anyone, screw off. I don't 'feel the need' to one-up anyone; I do this because I can.

Also, the union's credibility? Say what now? We're a union of a bunch of average joes/plain janes who are merely FF fans; the same applies to the leader.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ffxjunky06
Because this is the only Union i post in. Rarely but still come back. Because the leader is a mate of mine and i dont like to see people like you and valereth_1(cant be spelt right. Sorry) pointlessly arguing over an unimportant subject. Its not the 1st time you 2 have locked heads. You could just send eachother PMs. I'm just sick a reading posts of people arguing. Specially about crap like this. FFE is a pretty great place to post till you 2 have a difference in opinion. Then its drawing boards, projectors and facts. Boring. Chill, listen to someones opinion, breath then nod. Life will be so much easier. The credibility of an endorsed Union magitekk. GS admins and mods venture in from time to time. May be a tiny thing but ive seen more done with less with regards to the admins and mods. Though theyr not that harsh. Fair at most. *shruggs*
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 magitekk

i dont like to see people like you and valereth_1(cant be spelt right. Sorry) pointlessly arguing over an unimportant subject.  I'm just sick a reading posts of people arguing. ffxjunky06

...Then don't read?

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ffxjunky06
Dont be cheeky either. Theres no *ARGUEMENT* notice to warn me. I'd love to be psychic but unfortunately i wasnt gifted with that ability. Would be useful. Would make things a hell of a lot easier. But, because of these things i didnt expect to stumble upon an argument. Really didnt have to explain that. Common sence. Me and you are basically just spamming now. So lets leave this 'discussion' behind. Bored anyways. Might get back to Final Fantasy VIII. Seriously need to complete it.
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#72 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts

Mmm...Seems like the atmosphere here ain't good.

Should I lock this up? :?

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 valereth-1
Because this is the only Union i post in. Rarely but still come back. Because the leader is a mate of mine and i dont like to see people like you and valereth_1(cant be spelt right. Sorry) pointlessly arguing over an unimportant subject. Its not the 1st time you 2 have locked heads. You could just send eachother PMs. I'm just sick a reading posts of people arguing. Specially about crap like this. FFE is a pretty great place to post till you 2 have a difference in opinion. Then its drawing boards, projectors and facts. Boring. Chill, listen to someones opinion, breath then nod. Life will be so much easier. The credibility of an endorsed Union magitekk. GS admins and mods venture in from time to time. May be a tiny thing but ive seen more done with less with regards to the admins and mods. Though theyr not that harsh. Fair at most. *shruggs*ffxjunky06
No. You spelled it right. Valereth. CAll me Val for short, if you so choose
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 samanthademeste

Here is 7 mistakes made by Nintendo:

7. The Wii

6. The Virtual Boy

5. poor online play

4. Censorship and kiddy image

3. Poor 3rd party support

2. The N64

1. Philips CD-I

so you see, Nintendo is not perfect.

for more info on that, see

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/f/the-top-7-nintendo-mistakes/a-2007040911262588028/g-20060308165433320026

oh, and they forgot the Gamecube!

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 valereth-1

Here is 7 mistakes made by Nintendo:

7. The Wii

samanthademeste
That mistake made them more money than they can count
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#76 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
how are the WII and N64 mistakes? The WII has been selling alot more than the PS3 and 360 and the N64 had alot of great games.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 valereth-1
how are the WII and N64 mistakes? The WII has been selling alot more than the PS3 and 360 and the N64 had alot of great games.D3dr0_0
The N64 was a mistake because it went with cartridges instead of being CD based. The space on them was more limited than what could be done with the original Playstation, and PSone games were cheaper to print. Greatests hits for the PSone sold at about 20 dollars lower than greatests hits on the N64. This is a large part of what led to the PSone selling a lot more than the N64, which led to third party developers abandoning Nintendo in masses. It was such a massive mistake that it cost Nintendo to get their asses kicked in sales for two straight generations of consoles
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#78 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts

The Wii isn't a mistake. The ones who makes games on it made the mistake. :X

I'm playing Monster Hunter Tri on Wii and I can assure you that I enjoy it as much as I ever do with the famous titles found on the PS3.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 samanthademeste

Did I mention the Gamecube? I mean seriously Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon and...

shovelwear.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 valereth-1
The Gamecube was not a mistake. The Gamecube was awesome
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 samanthademeste

The Gamecube was not a mistake. The Gamecube was awesomevalereth-1

PS2 massacred it.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 D3dr0_0
The PS2 is probably the best system and the Gamecube was still awesome with Resident Evvil and Metal Gear Solid remakes the better looking RE4, Tales of Symphonia and lets not forget about its Marios, Zeldas, Metroid etc.
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 samanthademeste

The PS2 is probably the best system and the Gamecube was still awesome with Resident Evvil and Metal Gear Solid remakes the better looking RE4, Tales of Symphonia and lets not forget about its Marios, Zeldas, Metroid etc. D3dr0_0

PS2 had Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Resident Evil 4, various Resident Evil spin-offs, Tales of the Abyss, and Tales of Legendia.

It was the superior console. (IMO)

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 D3dr0_0
And thats why I said it was probably the best system it also had Persona, Devil May Cry, Yakuza, God of War and a whole lot more that said the Gamecube had some great games.
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 samanthademeste

And thats why I said it was probably the best system it also had Persona, Devil May Cry, Yakuza, God of War and a whole lot more that said the Gamecube had some great games.D3dr0_0

I never said it was a bad system but it did not beat the PS2. It is Nintendo's least sold system.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 D3dr0_0
Nothing beats the PS2 last gen they had alot of great games that I still play to this day, it wasn't the most powerful console but it didn't need to be.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 magitekk

Yeah...PS2 had a crudload of good games, that's for sure.

Sucks that the PS3 couldn't deliver as well.

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ffxjunky06
I'm telling you the now that if i could play PS2 games on the PS3 (my later version isnt worthy enough) then i'd spend more time playing my large collection of PS2 games rather than my growing but puny collection of PS3 games. Would love to get back 2 FFX and XII. Never did get 100% complete in FFXII. Wish i could play my KH and KH2 again too. Ah the days of the PS2. Cant be bothered buying another 1 though.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 valereth-1

[QUOTE="valereth-1"]The Gamecube was not a mistake. The Gamecube was awesomesamanthademeste

PS2 massacred it.

That does not makew it a mistake. IT was pretty much expected after the mistake they made with the N64
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#90 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
(topic) I agree but, each generation lead to the next so as the PS1/N64 era was voted the most important generation for gaming, the SNES generation helped to build to that point. So far I've enjoyed every every generation except for the current, but that's another topic for another time.
valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 valereth-1

magitekk

What planet are you living on?

3 Ratchet and Clank games

2 Resistance games

Folklore

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 1 and 2

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Heavenly Sword

3d Dot Game Heroes

All examples of fantastic exclusive games for the Playstation 3. It is getting a third Killzone, a third Resistance, Gran Tourismo 5, Infamous 2 and The Last Guardian as well. There are also a ton of great non exclusive games

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 D3dr0_0
[QUOTE="magitekk"]

valereth-1

2 Resistance games

Folklore

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 1 and 2

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Heavenly Sword

3d Dot Game Heroes

All examples of fantastic exclusive games for the Playstation 3. It is getting a third Killzone, a third Resistance, Gran Tourismo 5, Infamous 2 and The Last Guardian as well. There are also a ton of great non exclusive games

Lack of great JRPGs is depressing compared to the other gens not that any of those games you mentioned weren't great just saying I thought there would be more by now.

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"]

valereth-1

2 Resistance games

Folklore

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 1 and 2

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Heavenly Sword

3d Dot Game Heroes

I said 'didn't deliver as well'; that doesn't mean it didn't deliver.

samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 samanthademeste

magitekk

Yeah, thats true. The point I was trying to make is Nintendo is not perfect. They make mistakes just like everyone else.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

magitekk

2 Resistance games

Folklore

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 1 and 2

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Heavenly Sword

3d Dot Game Heroes

It has, also, been around for 4 years instead of 10.

There are some good JRPGs for the PS3. Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore are both examples of excellent ones

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 valereth-1
[QUOTE="magitekk"]

samanthademeste

Yeah, thats true. The point I was trying to make is Nintendo is not perfect. They make mistakes just like everyone else.

The Gamecube and Wii are not mistakes
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 samanthademeste
[QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

valereth-1

2 Resistance games

Folklore

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 1 and 2

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Heavenly Sword

3d Dot Game Heroes

There are some good JRPGs for the PS3. Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore are both examples of excellent ones

Folklore is action/adventure.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/monstercarnival/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 magitekk

Wow, someone mentions Folklore. I thought I was the only one who thought the game was good...

I think what ultimately took away from it however is that it left many questions unanswered. It also seems to be looked down upon for it's 'repetitiveness'. Repetitiveness? Go play Pokemon Red-Diamond and that'll show ya' repetitive.

Rant over.

valereth-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 valereth-1
[QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="valereth-1"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

samanthademeste

2 Resistance games

Folklore

Metal Gear Solid 4

Infamous

Uncharted 1 and 2

Killzone 2

God of War 3

Heavenly Sword

3d Dot Game Heroes

Folklore is action/adventure.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/monstercarnival/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B0

Folklore is action RPG
SCGhost2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SCGhost2424
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
well its all opinion, i grew up with a nintendo, then super nintendo and then ps1. i never touch ff for nintendo, thougth it was boring. my first rps and one of my all time favorite was chrono trigger. that got me interested enough to try to the other rps on nintendo and super nintendo.i also played and replayed like crazy secret of mana 3 i think it was. in my OPINION (this is something u guys should use more often) none of ff games toped chrono trigger until i played ff7. then ff7 became my favorite rpg of all times, follow closely by ffx. this is my opinion again. and i'm stating it, not trying to shove it down anyone's throat... unlike some people around here.. geesh....