Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

I was playing through FF2 on PSP, And got to a part where I seen Kain (the dragoon from FF4), But he is only a child. He is the son of Ricard, A dragoon that becomes a party member later in the game.

Anyone else notice any connections between the different Final Fantasy games?

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Cid in most Final Fantasy games...
billybobbarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 billybobbarvis
Member since 2006 • 2737 Posts
Cid in most Final Fantasy games...bbkkristian

Never noticed. :P
youngsexynerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 youngsexynerd
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Cid in most Final Fantasy games...billybobbarvis

Never noticed. :p

hmmm me neither!!
youngsexynerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 youngsexynerd
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts

i remember shinra in ff X-2 at the end talking about energy an in ff VII shinra energy corp. so yeah somthin like that

Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
Cid; always a recurring feature...Biggs and Wedge r in the majority of FF Games...there are lots of little things like this to find in every FF Game...
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Err I'm pretty sure the Kain from FFIV and the Kain in FFII are two different kains. :?
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#8 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts
Their not related.It is not unusual of FF to have recurring characters,monsters or items.Such as Ultima Weapon,Ragnarok is named as a airship in FF8 but it's a weapon in other FF games.Cid appeared all over FF ever since Cid of the Lufaine of FF2.Biggs and Wedge appear in FF7 and FF8 but their unrelated(By right,in FF7,Biggs and Wedge should be nothing more than bony corpses by AC)Cid is always a genius one way or the other(Cid of FF7 can build airships,that's as good as genius.Cid of FF5 is obviously a genius...FF4 Cid is a bit bushy 'round the face to be honest.)so I don't see why they can't make Kain a dragoon as in FF4 like the previous Kain.Even spells are brought across the FF series like Fire,Fira,Firaga and sometimes,Firaja.Dragoons are pretty much unchanged from the older FF onwards,except for the helmet,otherwise their actually quite similar to each other.It isn't unusual to see names that appear again and again,like Gilgamesh,the legendary side villain of FF5,his big talk and epic failure gave him popularity :P
Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
Biggs and wedge are definitely in V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII, i cant remember any others...was there not some loose connection between them and star wars, since the creators really liked star wars, and biggs and wedge were originally based on star wars characters...maybe...Im sure there was something like that somewhere...
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Abicus7
Two different kains but both are dragoons? nah.. both same.
Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts
you "saw" Kain, not his name right? you only saw a dragoon, dragoons all wear simmilar armour...plus in FF2 dont you choose your characters names
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Abicus7

No, His name IS Kain, he is the son of Ricard. PLay the game again if you forget.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

Two different kains but both are dragoons? nah.. both same.Abicus7

I believe it was a reference to Kain from FFIV, not the the actual person.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="Abicus7"]Two different kains but both are dragoons? nah.. both same.Gamer4Iife

I believe it was a reference to Kain from FFIV, not the the actual person.

Exactly, and think about it. If FFII (NES) and FFIV were really related in ANY way story-wise, then why would both games have completely different towns and lands? The Kain in FFII is only a reference of the Kain in FFIV, and nothing more.  

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Abicus7

First, How can there be a reference to FF4 in FF2 when FF4 wasnt even out yet. makes no sence in chronological terms.

Second, There are different "towns and lands" in FF12 // FF Tactics too, yet they are in the same world of Ivalice. No different.

Third, Mysidia Town is in both FF2 and FF4, just another hint given to us by Square.

I think if you look a little closer and actually read what every person says in the game you'll find there are many connections between the different FF's. Not saying that its definitive proof but theres certaintly a possability.

Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

First, How can there be a reference to FF4 in FF2 when FF4 wasnt even out yet. makes no sence in chronological terms.

Second, There are different "towns and lands" in FF12 // FF Tactics too, yet they are in the same world of Ivalice. No different.

Third, Mysidia Town is in both FF2 and FF4, just another hint given to us by Square.

I think if you look a little closer and actually read what every person says in the game you'll find there are many connections between the different FF's. Not saying that its definitive proof but theres certaintly a possability.

Abicus7
Because said reference is in the Dawn of Souls remake, which came out 13 years after IV. The original FFII had no such thing. I don't think FFXII and FFT are a fair comparison. Those games clearly mentioned they were both set in Ivalice. But 2 villages that happen to share the same name is a totally different story.
Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Abicus7
FF tactics and 12 had no connection untill FFt was remade on PSP.. there is no difference.
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#18 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts
FF tactics and 12 had no connection untill FFt was remade on PSP.. there is no difference. Abicus7
Ivalice usually like to use the same world repeatedly however it is possible that their of different era and country.Vaan's time is obviously a long time after Ramza's time.However,they usually have no direct connection.