Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Warrior of Light (FF1)

Firion (FF2)

Luneth (FF3) - I chose Luneth 'coz in the remake he appears to be the main. In the original version, it is like FF1 where all characters are generic.

Cecil (FF4)

Bartz/Butz (FF5)

Terra (FF6) - Although you may opt to consider Locke.

Cloud (FF7)

Zack (FF7CC)

Vincent (FF7DoC) 

Squall ( FF8 )

Zidane (FF9)

Tidus (FF10)

Yuna (FF10-2)

Vaan (FF12)

Lightning (FF13)

Noctis (FF Vs 13)

Ramza (FFT)

March (FFTA)

Lazo (FFTA)

*I only included the main FFs, some spin-offs, and FFTs 'coz those are the games majority of us a very familiar of.

Okay, you may choose which one or two among them who you has best quality as a main character.. (I know this can be subjective) using the following parameters:

CHARACTER DESIGN/PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: 

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/STORY:

CHARACTER/ATTITUDE:

SKILLS:

OTHERS: 

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts
I always saw Locke as the male lead in FFVI, but not the main character really. I always think of it as being Terra with Celes being close behind.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

CHARACTER DESIGN/PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Lightning!

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/STORY: Lightning!

CHARACTER/ATTITUDE: Lightning!

SKILLS: Lightning! Army of One is FTW. :D

OTHERS: Umm... I like Lightning. :P

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fantasy_Gamer
Umm... It's not supposed to be like that. :P Instead, you choose your character then tell us why you think he/she is the best.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Umm... It's not supposed to be like that. :P Instead, you choose your character then tell us why you think he/she is the best.Fantasy_Gamer

My bad, FG. XD

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 cjimrun
Member since 2011 • 1255 Posts
Cloud will always be my favorite. He set out to be a hero, get famous and impress a girl...but then everything goes horribly wrong. He ends up being hunted, getting experimented on and loosing his identity. By the end of FFVII, he does help save the world, but it was by no means the typical hero's journey. This was a brilliant way to play off type, which is one of the elements that made FFVII so successful. Also consider the barmaid/monk and the crass, chain-smoking "dragoon" character.
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 magitekk

Cloud will always be my favorite. He set out to be a hero, get famous and impress a girl...but then everything goes horribly wrong. He ends up being hunted, getting experimented on and loosing his identity. By the end of FFVII, he does help save the world, but it was by no means the typical hero's journey. This was a brilliant way to play off type, which is one of the elements that made FFVII so successful. Also consider the barmaid/monk and the crass, chain-smoking "dragoon" character.cjimrun

The way you worded this makes it sound as if Cloud got experimented on and lost his identity after he became a 1st Class Soldier...

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cjimrun

[QUOTE="cjimrun"]Cloud will always be my favorite. He set out to be a hero, get famous and impress a girl...but then everything goes horribly wrong. He ends up being hunted, getting experimented on and loosing his identity. By the end of FFVII, he does help save the world, but it was by no means the typical hero's journey. This was a brilliant way to play off type, which is one of the elements that made FFVII so successful. Also consider the barmaid/monk and the crass, chain-smoking "dragoon" character.magitekk

The way you worded this makes it sound as if Cloud got experimented on and lost his identity after he became a 1st Class Soldier...

What I meant was becoming soldier 1st class was his initial goal, but it never happened.  He wanted to make the papers to impress Tifa, then couldn't face her when he failed.  I like this because he starts out with the classic "win the day, get the girl" mentality, but then the story evolves so much further than that.  i found that many of the characters in this game are based on classic FF archetypes, but they were darker and more mature imo.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fantasy_Gamer
I'm so sad when I knew Cloud did not make it to SOLDIER 1st Class... I felt his embarrassment to Tifa.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fantasy_Gamer
I'm so sad when I knew Cloud did not make it to SOLDIER 1st Class..
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"]

[QUOTE="cjimrun"]Cloud will always be my favorite. He set out to be a hero, get famous and impress a girl...but then everything goes horribly wrong. He ends up being hunted, getting experimented on and loosing his identity. By the end of FFVII, he does help save the world, but it was by no means the typical hero's journey. This was a brilliant way to play off type, which is one of the elements that made FFVII so successful. Also consider the barmaid/monk and the crass, chain-smoking "dragoon" character.cjimrun

What I meant was becoming soldier 1st class was his initial goal, but it never happened. He wanted to make the papers to impress Tifa, then couldn't face her when he failed. I like this because he starts out with the classic "win the day, get the girl" mentality, but then the story evolves so much further than that. i found that many of the characters in this game are based on classic FF archetypes, but they were darker and more mature imo.

Wait, what? Cloud did become a first-class Soldier...and what's this s**t about Tifa? Cloud aimed to be a first-class Soldier because of his admiration of Sephiroth.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fantasy_Gamer
"I'm going to be the best there is just like Sephiroth." - Cloud
cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cjimrun
[QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

[QUOTE="cjimrun"]Cloud will always be my favorite. He set out to be a hero, get famous and impress a girl...but then everything goes horribly wrong. He ends up being hunted, getting experimented on and loosing his identity. By the end of FFVII, he does help save the world, but it was by no means the typical hero's journey. This was a brilliant way to play off type, which is one of the elements that made FFVII so successful. Also consider the barmaid/monk and the crass, chain-smoking "dragoon" character.magitekk

What I meant was becoming soldier 1st class was his initial goal, but it never happened. He wanted to make the papers to impress Tifa, then couldn't face her when he failed. I like this because he starts out with the classic "win the day, get the girl" mentality, but then the story evolves so much further than that. i found that many of the characters in this game are based on classic FF archetypes, but they were darker and more mature imo.

Wait, what? Cloud did become a first-class Soldier...and what's this s**t about Tifa? Cloud aimed to be a first-class Soldier because of his admiration of Sephiroth.

When they are in the lifestream, Cloud tells Tifa that he wanted to be noticed by her.  She had a core group of friends that he wasn't part of, so he asks her to meet him at the well for their famous promise scene.  When Zack, Cloud and Sephiroth go to Nibelheim to investigate the reactor, Cloud has not realised his ambition, and therefore refuses to remove his helmet cuz he can't face Tifa.  He later tells the story with him as Zack.  

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 magitekk
[QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

[QUOTE="cjimrun"]Cloud will always be my favorite. He set out to be a hero, get famous and impress a girl...but then everything goes horribly wrong. He ends up being hunted, getting experimented on and loosing his identity. By the end of FFVII, he does help save the world, but it was by no means the typical hero's journey. This was a brilliant way to play off type, which is one of the elements that made FFVII so successful. Also consider the barmaid/monk and the crass, chain-smoking "dragoon" character.cjimrun

When they are in the lifestream, Cloud tells Tifa that he wanted to be noticed by her.  She had a core group of friends that he wasn't part of, so he asks her to meet him at the well for their famous promise scene.  When Zack, Cloud and Sephiroth go to Nibelheim to investigate the reactor, Cloud has not realised his ambition, and therefore refuses to remove his helmet cuz he can't face Tifa.  He later tells the story with him as Zack.  

Well, even if Cloud did have feelings for Tifa, the least they could've done was made that known by having them kiss at the end or something. But no, Cloud put on his typical indifference toward both Tifa and Aeris.

cjimrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cjimrun
[QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"][QUOTE="cjimrun"][QUOTE="magitekk"]

Well, even if Cloud did have feelings for Tifa, the least they could've done was made that known by having them kiss at the end or something. But no, Cloud put on his typical indifference toward both Tifa and Aeris.

Yeah, the closest they get in the game is spending that night together outside of Highwind while the rest of the party is tying-up their loose ends.  In Advent Children they have a little surrogate family, but he still doesn't show much affection towards her.   

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
Yuna, but more so her role in Final Fantasy X rather than Final Fantasy X-2. I adore her personality and she's a strong individual. Best of all - she's a summoner, my favorite Final Fantasy class.

My second choose would have to be Terra.
Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Yonathin3155
Member since 2009 • 1265 Posts

I'm gonna do an in-depth review of Warrior of Light, using this thread's list. It'll be from his FFI appearance, not his Dissidia one. Look out for that!

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 magitekk

I'm gonna do an in-depth review of Warrior of Light, using this thread's list. It'll be from his FFI appearance, not his Dissidia one. Look out for that!

Yonathin3155

Lol, good luck then!

Avatar image for Lightning__Evil
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#19 Lightning__Evil
Member since 2010 • 4483 Posts
I'd say Yuna or Lightning. I prefer the strong female archtype character rather than the guy that has to be the hero. I think I prefer Yuna though cause she has more of a personality but then again Lightning is so kick-@ss and totally hot ;)
DaShiznawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaShiznawz
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

So how exactly do I do this? Pick my favorite Hero and say why they are?

I want to do Zidane but it is late I will do it  soon.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fantasy_Gamer

Yeah. Something like:

I LIKE ZIDANE--

DESIGN/APPEARANCE: He has a tail and wields weapons on both hands.

CHARACTER DEV'T/STORY: blah, blah, blah...

CHARACTER/ATTITUDE: blah, blah, blah..

SKILLS: Thievery is teh most awesomeness of skillz!!!

OTHERS: blah, blah, blah..

Something like that, that would prove your claim that Zidane is the best main character in your opinion. 

DaShiznawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaShiznawz
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
Sorry my power went out for two days. I'll do this soon
Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Yonathin3155

This is the tale of the greatest protagonist in Final Fantasy history, The Fighter:

CHARACTER DESIGN/PHYSICAL APPEARANCE: Bright red hair and armor are the trademark indications of the first and finest hero in the Final Fantasy series.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT/STORY: The Fighter's tale is one filled with strife, victory, sadness, and joy, beginning when he is summoned to rescue Princess Sarah from the clutches of the good knight-turned-evil, Garland. Throughout the whole story, he never knows exactly who he is, or why he's fighting, yet is determined to restore the world to order. In fact, all he can remember is his name, and the names of his companions. His story takes him from treacherous volcanoes, slippery ice caves, and thick forests, to a palace in the sky, and even 2000 years in the past. Quite an adventure, indeed! Eventually, his growth as a character peaks when he becomes a Knight and defeats Chaos, Garland's true form.

CHARACTER/ATTITUDE: The fighter is a determined, yet nonetheless happy figure. He is someone who his companions and the people of the world can look up to for assistance and guidance. Which is fortunate, because the weight of restoring the crystals to grace, falls upon his capable shoulders.

SKILLS: The Fighter possesses swordsmanship, unlike that seen by any before. He can swing his sword thirty times in a matter of seconds, making short work of any enemies who cross his path. Upon becoming a Knight, the Fighter gains access to White Magic, thus making him exponentially more important to the team.

OTHERS: Though The Fighter eventually defeated Chaos, severing the 2000 year time-loop, no one ever remembered his daring exploits, not even himself. They do, however, live on in legend...

magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 magitekk
Well done, I wouldn't have been able to write all of that concerning The Fighter; very well thought-out. :)
Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Yonathin3155
Thank you! To be honest, most people couldn't write that much concerning the greatest hero in gaming history. Most people don't even pay him much heed. But this man needs someone to tell his epic tale, and spread his glory to all people. And that someone is me.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lightning__Evil
Its good that the word good out about his epic tale, I still need to play the earlier games
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 magitekk
I haven't played Final Fantasy I either. :?
Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Yonathin3155
That explains so much... Both of you, go play the pinnicale of gaming perfection, otherwise known as Final Fantasy I. Like, ASAP.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fantasy_Gamer
Wow. That is awesome! O_O That post is even worthy to become a stand-alone article in our homepage!
Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Yonathin3155
I'm flattered, FG. Truly flattered.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lightning__Evil
Speaking of the earlier games, I really like your new icon Yon, Kain is so detailed it looks awesome! I'm gonna work on my icon today I think. Any one else wanna pick their favorite heros/ heroines?
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fantasy_Gamer

I'm flattered, FG. Truly flattered.Yonathin3155

That is a sincere post. If you want, you can post it in our homepage right now as a Special Features article regarding the Fighter class.

Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Yonathin3155

[QUOTE="Yonathin3155"]I'm flattered, FG. Truly flattered.Fantasy_Gamer

That is a sincere post. If you want, you can post it in our homepage right now as a Special Features article regarding the Fighter class.

I actually tried, but then the site froze up. I'll try again soon though. ^^'

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fantasy_Gamer
Try to use a different browser. I have problems posting news using Chrome.
Lightning__Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lightning__Evil

Try to use a different browser. I have problems posting news using Chrome.Fantasy_Gamer

Thats weird, chrome is the only browser that works properly for gamespot on my computer 

Yonathin3155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Yonathin3155

Try to use a different browser. I have problems posting news using Chrome.Fantasy_Gamer

You think I'm using Chrome?

DOH HO HO!

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Fantasy_Gamer
I honestly don't have an idea. :P