123geese3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 123geese3
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Who thinks ff12 is one of the best if not not the best rpg of all time. I just finished the story today. 9 whole months still dont have evry thing. If you think it is or isnt one of the best post here.

Final fantasy fanboy for life

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
Awesome game indeed, but it wouldn't even be in my top 10 RPGs. It is in my top 5 FFs though. ;)
billybobbarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 billybobbarvis
Member since 2006 • 2737 Posts
Oh god, no.
Avatar image for A_Fading_Scream
A_Fading_Scream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 A_Fading_Scream
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
nah m8, XII was way too easy and the storyline, did not go into enough depth, and the sidequests hardly ever related to the characters...
siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
It's not a bad game. It has a vast variety of content that can last many many hours. It is not one of my favorites though. Storyline changed dramatically and the characters lacked emotion:?.
_Kindred_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _Kindred_
Member since 2009 • 2298 Posts
It's the worst FF imo.
Shiggums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7 Shiggums
Member since 2007 • 21436 Posts
Good game, but definitely not the best FF (or RPG for that matter) imo.
no1gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 no1gamefan
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts
I think it's a great game but it's not the best game it is in my top 5 FF games though.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Meh. It's not one of my top 5 favorite FF, more so, I won't call it best or one of the best RPGs of all time. It's a good dungeon-crawler, though.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
It was good, but nowhere near the best FF. and it most certainly is not anywhere near one of the best RPGs.
z827

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#11 z827
Member since 2008 • 4731 Posts
No offence but...hell to the no.No FF is better than the other...that's almost my motton now :P
Lareneg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lareneg
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts
Personally, I detested FFXII. It wasn't what a Final Fantasy game should be, in my opinion. However, I can acknowledge that it had certain strengths. Still, I'd only give it maybe a 7.5/10, so no, I wouldn't call it anywhere close to being the best Final Fantasy. There are just too many great Final Fantasy games for FFXII to even come close, in my opinion; FFVI, VII, IX, and X, for me.
bahamat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 bahamat0
Member since 2003 • 1890 Posts

FF12 was pretty good but the game felt pretty dead compared to other FF games I played, while at the same time it did not carry much of the Final Fantasy feel that it should have. The characters also didn't seem to have a balanced role in the story, but rather, it was like only 2 characters played a nice role in the game, 2 others marely had a role in certein areas, and 2 others seemed to have been added just to increase the number of part members :P

Despite that, I liked the dungeon system where there is a large area with enemies and puzzles in them, plus a boss at its end, it brough a new feature to what FF games should have. The open battle was a good start especially that some bosses needed some specific tactics instead of just bashing them and healing your party members, but of course it needed lots of polishings and balancings, especially the uselessness of the Espers.

NicoLikesSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NicoLikesSoda
Member since 2005 • 198 Posts
FF12 is definitely NOT the best...don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it, but the new real time battle system is disappointing me further and further...I really really wish FF would go back to turn based battles. I really enjoyed that...But as far as best final fantasies go. FF7 is my first choice, FF8 was personally enjoyable which would be my second choice...and even though FFTactics was not really an open world type of FF I still lovvved the hell out of it.
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

Oh god, no.billybobbarvis

I agree. :P

sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sk84uhlivin
Member since 2009 • 1393 Posts

Personally, I detested FFXII. It wasn't what a Final Fantasy game should be, in my opinion. However, I can acknowledge that it had certain strengths. Still, I'd only give it maybe a 7.5/10, so no, I wouldn't call it anywhere close to being the best Final Fantasy. There are just too many great Final Fantasy games for FFXII to even come close, in my opinion; FFVI, VII, IX, and X, for me.Lareneg

Well I know it's MY favorite game. I saw barely anything wrong with it. I wrote a review on it if anyone wants to look at it. And I appreciate it if you dont like, please dont put "not reccommend". However if ya do like please reccommend it! 

-weezer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -weezer-
Member since 2006 • 1895 Posts
Wasn't a fan of the battle system, the fact that they didn't have unique weapons for each character, and the storyline. Did like the Judges though; thought they looked BA.
Genesis1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Genesis1812
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
Didn't like the story or most of the characters, and I agree I like characters with unique weapons :(
sk84uhlivin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sk84uhlivin
Member since 2009 • 1393 Posts

Wasn't a fan of the battle system, the fact that they didn't have unique weapons for each character, and the storyline. Did like the Judges though; thought they looked BA.-weezer-

I actually loved the battle system, and I noticed that they didn't have unique weapons, however it didn't really bother me. 

Didn't like the story or most of the characters, and I agree I like characters with unique weapons :(Genesis1812

I liked the story line. So I'm guessing it just comes down to personal preference yes? 

_Kindred_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _Kindred_
Member since 2009 • 2298 Posts

I liked the story line. So I'm guessing it just comes down to personal preference yes? 

sk84uhlivin

it always has been about personal preferences.

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts

Oh god, no.billybobbarvis

indeed. FFXII was the worst FF game I played by far.

fffan9391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fffan9391
Member since 2007 • 4967 Posts
FFXII is a great RPG, not a great Final Fantasy. Hopefully FFXIII will be different.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

[QUOTE="billybobbarvis"]Oh god, no.Bauers-Twin

Aww, I was hoping for a rant from you about how FFXII sucked when I saw you posted. D:

Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
[QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]

[QUOTE="billybobbarvis"]Oh god, no.DrAwesomeMD

Aww, I was hoping for a rant from you about how FFXII sucked when I saw you posted. D:

so I am officially that guy huh?

billybobbarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 billybobbarvis
Member since 2006 • 2737 Posts
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Bauers-Twin"]

[QUOTE="billybobbarvis"]Oh god, no.Bauers-Twin

so I am officially that guy huh?

Lol.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
I would have to agree with a few people, I think the game was good, because of the big space to walk and explore, the new battle system was also good, but it was the worst FF in the series. I dont now what messed the game up, but it just didnt feel like a real Final Fantasy. It didnt feel like a Final Fantasy to me. It felt like a normal RPG, that tryed to copy Final Fantasy.
Soramoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Soramoi
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

FF12 is definitely NOT the best...don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing it, but the new real time battle system is disappointing me further and further...I really really wish FF would go back to turn based battles. I really enjoyed that...But as far as best final fantasies go. FF7 is my first choice, FF8 was personally enjoyable which would be my second choice...and even though FFTactics was not really an open world type of FF I still lovvved the hell out of it.NicoLikesSoda

yup u're almost right :p
well in everything mostly ... but i wasn't that much disappointed about the battle system over there ... it was great changing.. i like SE with its flexability :D but still i'm in love with their old-stlye system when it was turn-to-turn .. that's why FFX one of my best game ever :D ... although it hasn't much GF as FFVIII had :S .... if SE learn to give everything to the players ... like ... FFVII story + FFVIII card games + all the old GF + FFXII hunting mini-game + some very damn rare things make the game perfect :p

i didn't ask much .. did i :P ? 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 2682271
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts
naah not for me (and this is only my opinion) cuz it has weak story and very simple and straight gameplay style. i have finished it only once and will not do it again. not like ff7 ,8, 9, 10 which i finished them so so so so so many times. and one more time i will say it is just my opinnion so ff XII fans plz dont go mad on me :)