Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

Of course it still several months away, but Square has already lined it up for the DS after the remake of FF4 and FF5.

On my part, I sure would love to see how Square intended it to look like if 3D technology was already available when it was made for the SNES, but, still, nothing beats the original.

Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Ebi_Furya
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts
I know I'm looking forward to it. I was originally planning on just getting the GBA ports, but once they announced FF IV DS, I decided to wait and see where things went. If they're actually doing it that's wonderful. I can't wait to see what VI will be like in 3D. It's the one I'm most looking forward to as it's the one that got me into the FF Series.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Wait, now they're remaking V and VI on the DS? I find this interesting.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
I definitely am! I can't wait; my biggest concern is keeping all the music intact.
aries8269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aries8269
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
I already have the GBA portsand thus have 1-6 on GBA/DS however I do fully plan on getting the DS remakes. NeoGen makes a very good point. I hope all they do is enhance the quality of sound from the soundtracks. FFIII on the DS looked great, from what I have seen of IV...it looks even better. By the time they reach VI, it will be a true masterpeice.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

They are remaking V and VI as well ? :shock:

Words cannot describe how happy I am ! :D However, I think VI is far too special for a DS remake, I hope they remake it on a home console !

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

Of course it still several months away, but Square has already lined it up for the DS after the remake of FF4 and FF5.

On my part, I sure would love to see how Square intended it to look like if 3D technology was already available when it was made for the SNES, but, still, nothing beats the original.

Fantasy_Gamer
FFV remake? First I've heard of it
ThreeVo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThreeVo
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
I think ive posted this someware else b4, My only concern here is that when remaking these titles, SE retains the mature aspects, especially with 4 and 6, if there going to use figures like they did with ff3 i will be very upset, i could much easier see a remake with psps specs for those titles, but iguess we will just have to wait and see.
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ebi_Furya

...if there going to use figures like they did with ff3 i will be very upset...ThreeVo

I actually think they've already said the character models for IV will have much more detail than those in III and not look as "cartoonish". The screen-shots that have been released so far make it look like it is definitely going to be of a more mature mood.

Tharx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#10 Tharx75
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
I didn't really mind the look of 3 on the DS. The news of 5 and 6 remakes on that system is a welcome ring to my ears.
Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
Another remake? I personally feel it is pointless for it to be remade into 3D. I personally felt it was perfect on the SNES in 2D. I'd rather see new games instead of just remakes, but meh, that's just me...
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Well, I'm half excited. It's great to see great games like 4-6 get this kind of treatment, but they've been remade a couple times before already, and it just doesn't feel so awesome to me, but I may buy them, depending on my feelings and my wallet.
MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MiracleMir
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts

Could someone give me a reliable source where i can actually find Square has planned on remaking 5 and 6. I'm not trying to bash anyone, its just Ive only heard the remakes for 5 and 6 here. Please enlighten me.

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MiracleMir
O and as far as FF4 being remade. The screenshots so far to me look more like they used Viewtiful Joe charecter models...not that it was a bad game, its just i was expecting a little more(come on huge heads and tiny legs). Either way 4 was a great game and i plan on getting the remake. N who knows maybe they will keep remaking them...FF5...then FF6................Then maybe..........just maybe..................You know what I'm getting at.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fs_metal
They are using hte same style (and engine I think) as FFIII on the DS
aries8269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 aries8269
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
FF4 does look like the same engine but screenshot pictures I have seen looked to be sharper and more detailed than FFIII.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fs_metal
They may have tweeked it
ShadowFFVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 ShadowFFVI
Member since 2004 • 378 Posts
Assuming this comes true, I'll probably go crazy
tythewarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 tythewarrior
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts
I hope this is true, the FFIII remake was good enough, but now FFIV, V and VI being remade? I've seen a screenshot on wikipedia of Cecil walking through Baron on the FFIV remake, so that's really happening. I really hope V and VI are being remade as well though.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

Anybody, put up some sources! If they were really remaking FFV and VI, I think Gamespot would have reported it, no? Oh, and I want them remade for the PSP in 2D with High-res sprites.

SeanN003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SeanN003
Member since 2007 • 468 Posts

Anybody, put up some sources! If they were really remaking FFV and VI, I think Gamespot would have reported it, no? Oh, and I want them remade for the PSP in 2D with High-res sprites.

AuthenticM

Me too :?

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MiracleMir

Yeah, like i posted my comment way back when and still nobody has given me a RELIABLE source. Heck, noone has even given me a second rate source. Hmm, Anyway. Personally I've played the original FF4,FF5, and FF6 enough times in 2D and they've already remade it in that format before. Even with enhanced graphics I think it still would feel stail. I think Square is going in the right direction for FF4(i say jus FF4 because of the sources issue i have) and making it in 3D. Also you gotta think like Square is thinking. They know they've pretty much over produced FF remakes and the only way make it seem fresh again is with a jump to 3D. A 3D FF4 or FF5 and 6, will sell much better than a glossed over original and for good reason. But thats just my opinion. I dont wanna recieve hate comments from over zealous fan boys, If I hurt your feelings I'm sorry.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fs_metal
IV, V and VI have never been remade. They have been ported. The only FF that has been remade up to this point is FFIII for the DS.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NWA_31

IV, V and VI have never been remade. They have been ported. The only FF that has been remade up to this point is FFIII for the DS.fs_metal

Yep. And FFI and FFII as well.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]IV, V and VI have never been remade. They have been ported. The only FF that has been remade up to this point is FFIII for the DS.NWA_31

No. They have been ported as well
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NWA_31
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]IV, V and VI have never been remade. They have been ported. The only FF that has been remade up to this point is FFIII for the DS.fs_metal

What about Origins/Dawn of Souls and the 20th anniversary edition ? Aren't they remakes ?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AuthenticM
[QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]IV, V and VI have never been remade. They have been ported. The only FF that has been remade up to this point is FFIII for the DS.fs_metal

The anniversary editions for the PSP are considered remakes as the graphics have been completely redesigned from the ground up. So, FFI, II and III have been remade. IV is in the works. And I want V and VI for the PSP, damnit!

Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
Honestly, the only game that truly deserved the remake was FFIII just because it was never released in the US before the DS version. However, besides that, maybe a port from time to time, but instead of just getting the same game and quests with maybe 1 or 2 new added things (like a new super boss or whatever), I'd like to have FFXIII maybe made in the next year or so so I can play a new game instead of just remakes. Kinda disappointing that SE is mainly relying on remakes and ports for about a year...
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="NWA_31"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"]IV, V and VI have never been remade. They have been ported. The only FF that has been remade up to this point is FFIII for the DS.AuthenticM

The anniversary editions for the PSP are considered remakes as the graphics have been completely redesigned from the ground up. So, FFI, II and III have been remade. IV is in the works. And I want V and VI for the PSP, damnit!

The graphics were updated from the GBA version. They are not remakes
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fs_metal
Actually FF 1, 2, and 3 all count, they are known as enhanced remakes, ports are simply when a game is designed to run on one platform and then is converted to run on another platform.7CloudStrife7
I and II are enhanced PORTS, not remakes.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AuthenticM

[QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]Actually FF 1, 2, and 3 all count, they are known as enhanced remakes, ports are simply when a game is designed to run on one platform and then is converted to run on another platform.fs_metal

No, they are remakes. A port is when you take a game on a platform and release it on another. An enhanced port contains small to mild enhancement. FFIV, V and VI for the GBA are enhanced ports. Valkyrie Profile and FFTactics for the PSP are enhanced ports. FFI and II for the PSone, GBA and PSP are remakes as they contain way much more than small additions/changes. The graphics have been completely redone, gameplay has been changed/updated, etc. They are remakes. Not ports.

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MiracleMir

^Thats Right^. But in the end does it matter. People shouldn't be so agressive when trying to prove a point {COUGH} fs metal {COUGH}. I meen this thread has been turned into a debate about what the difference between a port and a remake. Does it really matter at this point. You people should be talking about the topic weather than using a half a page battling each other. Just about every comment i've seen has 5 boxes of other peoples comments with sombodies quick smartass comment to try and prove there right, witch is cool when its on topic but this is'nt the case here. And try to remember in the end even though its a great series its still JUST A GAME.cool out

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]Actually FF 1, 2, and 3 all count, they are known as enhanced remakes, ports are simply when a game is designed to run on one platform and then is converted to run on another platform.AuthenticM

No, they are remakes. A port is when you take a game on a platform and release it on another. An enhanced port contains small to mild enhancement. FFIV, V and VI for the GBA are enhanced ports. Valkyrie Profile and FFTactics for the PSP are enhanced ports. FFI and II for the PSone, GBA and PSP are remakes as they contain way much more than small additions/changes. The graphics have been completely redone, gameplay has been changed/updated, etc. They are remakes. Not ports.

They contain graphnical upgrades .,they are not rebuilt. They are ports, not remakes.l
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ebi_Furya

I, II, IV, V and VIwere all PORTED from their original systems to the new systems.
"Port: To modify (software) for use on a different machine or platform."

The graphics and soundwere UPDATED but not redone from the ground up.

III DS and IV DS are the only REMAKES as they are being redone from the ground up.
"Remake: to make again or anew."

Tacking on new graphics and dungeons doesn't qualify as being remade. It's an enhancement / update to the original as it is being PORTED to a new system. With III and IV, the developers are going back to their original material and creating an entirelyREMADE game.It's going to have the same base story, but everything about it will be new and remade. You can't say that about the other PORTS.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NWA_31

I, II, IV, V and VIwere all PORTED from their original systems to the new systems.
"Port: To modify (software) for use on a different machine or platform."

The graphics and soundwere UPDATED but not redone from the ground up.

III DS and IV DS are the only REMAKES as they are being redone from the ground up.
"Remake: to make again or anew."

Tacking on new graphics and dungeons doesn't qualify as being remade. It's an enhancement / update to the original as it is being PORTED to a new system. With III and IV, the developers are going back to their original material and creating an entirelyREMADE game.It's going to have the same base story, but everything about it will be new and remade. You can't say that about the other PORTS.

Ebi_Furya

Except I and II weren't only modified to work on another system. They WERE entirely remade on the WonderSwan Color, and that version was later ported to the PSOne's FF Origins and the GBA's FF I & II Dawns of Souls.

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MiracleMir
LOL, Oh my god...
Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ebi_Furya

Except I and II weren't only modified to work on another system. They WERE entirely remade on the WonderSwan Color, and that version was later ported to the PSOne's FF Origins and the GBA's FF I & II Dawns of Souls.
NWA_31

So you mean to tell me that if I play the original Famicon version of Final Fantasy I and the GBA Version of Final Fantasy I, that I won't see the same basic 2D world with the same characters in the same places saying the same things (maybe translated a little differently) and listen to the same music? You mean to tell me that I won't battle the same enemies in the same areas of the world and have the same quests and the same story?

If it's the same game, it's a PORT. Period. It doesn't matter if the battle system has been updated or the characters / monsters / world look better or if the music sounds better. If the game is the same, it's a port.

With III DS, it's a remake. The graphics and sound were of course updated, but there is a lot more story to it and the charactersare actual characters with their own story and purpose. That's a significant change from the original. That's a REMAKE. With IV, they're doing an even bigger REMAKE by going back to their original source material and creating the IV they wanted to but couldn't because of the limitations of the Super Famicon / SNES. That's a REMAKE. It's not the same thing again with pretty graphics.

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NWA_31

So you mean to tell me that if I play the original Famicon version of Final Fantasy I and the GBA Version of Final Fantasy I, that I won't see the same basic 2D world with the same characters in the same places saying the same things (maybe translated a little differently) and listen to the same music? You mean to tell me that I won't battle the same enemies in the same areas of the world and have the same quests and the same story?

If it's the same game, it's a PORT. Period. It doesn't matter if the battle system has been updated or the characters / monsters / world look better or if the music sounds better. If the game is the same, it's a port.

With III DS, it's a remake. The graphics and sound were of course updated, but there is a lot more story to it and the charactersare actual characters with their own story and purpose. That's a significant change from the original. That's a REMAKE. With IV, they're doing an even bigger REMAKE by going back to their original source material and creating the IV they wanted to but couldn't because of the limitations of the Super Famicon / SNES. That's a REMAKE. It's not the same thing again with pretty graphics.

Ebi_Furya

Actually, no. A port is when the exact same game is being modified to work on another system, for example: Splinter Cell for Xbox and PS2.

A remake is when one recreate the same game with new graphics and audio, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3. Additional content have absolutely nothing to do with it...

Oh, and MircaleMir is right. Let's stop the arguing, this is way off-topic. :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="AuthenticM"]

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="7CloudStrife7"]Actually FF 1, 2, and 3 all count, they are known as enhanced remakes, ports are simply when a game is designed to run on one platform and then is converted to run on another platform.7CloudStrife7

They contain graphnical upgrades .,they are not rebuilt. They are ports, not remakes.l

FF I and II were completely rebuilt for the WSC, the gba versions are basically ports of those, thus FF I and II have been remade.

*sigh* look at the original version then look at the new version. It;';s obviously an enhanced port. Want a remake? Look at MGS and MGS: TSS. Painfully obvious that it is a remake
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fs_metal
[QUOTE="Ebi_Furya"]

NWA_31

Actually, no. A port is when the exact same game is being modified to work on another system, for example: Splinter Cell for Xbox and PS2.

A remake is when one recreate the same game with new graphics and audio, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma on the PS3. Additional content have absolutely nothing to do with it...

Oh, and MircaleMir is right. Let's stop the arguing, this is way off-topic. :P

Splinter cell on the X-Box has graphial upgrades from the PS2 version. It is also programmed to run on a different system. It is not the exact same game in the sense that the various version of FFI and II are not the exact same game. There are differences.

Want a better erxample? Resident Evil 4 opn the PS2 has stuff that the original version lacked. IT dodn't look quite as good, nor did it sound quite as good as the GC version, but it is a port.

FFI and FFII are ports. Enhanced ports

MiracleMir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MiracleMir

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited about a FF6 remake. Can't wait. who else can't wait.

Ebi_Furya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ebi_Furya

Oh, and MircaleMir is right. Let's stop the arguing, this is way off-topic. :PNWA_31

You're right....it is way off topic, even though it makes an interesting debate ;)

So, in a nutshell...Yes, I'm looking forward to the VI remake / port / revamp / upgrade / re-release / whatever on the DS. :D

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
Woo Hoo for a FFVI Remake!  I hadn't heard anythign official about it, but i'm a huge fan of the game, so hopefully I don't get my hopes up in vain.
tootiejeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tootiejeans
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
I am.
ptpattycakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 ptpattycakes
Member since 2005 • 221 Posts
Here is the bottom line!!! Turn on the the psone version of Final Fantasy I...ok...good, next download the Final Fantasy I game (the real one for the NES) on an emulator on ur PC. Look at the differences and shut the hell up about it! Next, I cant wait for the next DS remakes! They are gonna be great! I just hope that after they make IV,V,VI that they then remake I and II. Then It will be complete!!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fs_metal
Here is the bottom line!!! Turn on the the psone version of Final Fantasy I...ok...good, next download the Final Fantasy I game (the real one for the NES) on an emulator on ur PC. Look at the differences and shut the hell up about it! Next, I cant wait for the next DS remakes! They are gonna be great! I just hope that after they make IV,V,VI that they then remake I and II. Then It will be complete!!ptpattycakes
Here is hte bottom line: the game waws not rebuilt. It was not made again. It is not a remake