fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fatal1rc
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

There is one for F1 06 so I thought why not make one for the first next-gen F1 game.

Official site: http://www.us.playstation.com/FormulaOneCE/

Videos:

For HD gameplay videos (incl preview) go here:  http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1672

some user gameplay videos:

parade lap: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=35147

time attack france: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=35156

wet race: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=35151

melbourne: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=39726

monaco time attack: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=39237

intro & race: http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=39765

E3 video (they promised big things) http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=41562

online videos (gamespot) : http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=40159

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=40154

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=40158

KEY FEATURES

• The 2006 Season - Featuring all the official cars, circuits, drivers and teams of the 2006 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including SCUDERIA TORRO ROSSO, SUPER AGURI F1 TEAM and MIDLAND F1 RACING.
  • Next Generation Experience - Greater processing power on the PS3 system and Blu-ray technology enables high definition visuals, full surround sound, extensive circuit details and lighting effects, progressive dirt and car damage make for the most realistic racing experience to date.
  • Wireless Motion Sensing Technology - The PLAYSTATION 3's SIXAXIS controller utilizes Bluetooth technology to detect natural and intuitive movements for real-time and high precision interactive play. Gamers can opt to drive the vehicles in Formula One Championship Edition by simply moving the SIXAXIS controller.
  • Race Online - bring your racing skills online and race your friends at speeds over 200 mph. Complete online feature set includes stat tracking and leaderboards.
  • True Realism - Feel the buzz of the paddock and the excitement of race day with authentic pre-race car preparations. Warm up your tires and get ready for the race with the parade lap.
  • Live Action Racing - Experience the real pressure of a GRAND PRIX race thanks to unexpected collisions and race incidents.
  • Introduction of the Safety Car - Choose the correct race strategy when the safety car is out: will you make an early pit stop to avoid being stuck in the traffic?

Release date: february 27th (march for europeans and australians)

My thoughts:

At first this game was too good to be true but the lack of information makes it look more like a f1 06 with better graphics.

For instance they promised a safety car and they are marketing it everywhere and previews say so too but we havent seen a single screenshot of it and people are all saying that we dont get one. I guess we have to wait and see.

So what do you think?

Greg_888_v8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Greg_888_v8
Member since 2005 • 3881 Posts
i really want to see a safety car in an F1 game... now with the power of the PS3 hopefully we can see the division below F1......(they travel with the F1)...is it F3000 ?? anyway F1 games really need to be perfected for the future.....at the moment it could just turn into " Same old $h!t "
kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 kipi19
Member since 2005 • 4590 Posts
Us europeans have to wait for the game unfortunatly, but i can't to get a PS3 (Eventually) £425 to get one. *sigh*

But still, I can't wait to have a proper go with it.
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fatal1rc

I've updated the opening post with the latest key features,

This game is my launch game in march :D

BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 BlaZe_irl
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts

I've updated the opening post with the latest key features,

This game is my launch game in march :D

fatal1rc
Hey m8 great post, like the layout :) only thing wrong is the black txt, but im sure that was the GS posting thingys fault :P Anyway could an Officer plz replace the stickied F106 Game Thread (add the link from that thread to the resource thread) and replace it with this 1? I would but im not an officer for the mean time :P :?
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 formula1racer
Member since 2007 • 6075 Posts
i am getting it as soon as find a solution for this lousy arthritis
Avatar image for kimi_da_iceman2
kimi_da_iceman2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 kimi_da_iceman2
Member since 2006 • 1298 Posts
Unfortunately I will not be getting one for a year or later but my mate is getting one as soon as it comes out but he hates F1 so there is as much chance as him buying F1 06 as me becoming the owner of gamespot. :P  I might just buy it so I can play at my mates. :P
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aloushi87
Member since 2003 • 2515 Posts
nice work *stickies* :)
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fatal1rc

thank you :)

nice image (leaked) for PSP owners:

icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 icytower
Member since 2005 • 10643 Posts
Well the game is now only four days away for anyone here in America. I can't wait!
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 aloushi87
The only disappointing bit is that you'll be racing in the 2006 formation. :(
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 icytower

The only disappointing bit is that you'll be racing in the 2006 formation. :(aloushi87

That might be true, but at the same time it's the first formation we American's have had a chance to drive since 2002. Now to me that more then makes up for having to use a year old formation.

aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aloushi87

[QUOTE="aloushi87"]The only disappointing bit is that you'll be racing in the 2006 formation. :(icytower38

That might be true, but at the same time it's the first formation we American's have had a chance to drive since 2002. Now to me that more then makes up for having to use a year old formation.

I guess so :) Maaan, you've been without new F1 games for almost 4 years now that's a torture for a F1 fan! :P
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlaZe_irl

[QUOTE="aloushi87"]The only disappointing bit is that you'll be racing in the 2006 formation. :(icytower38

Dosent the PS3 allow for d/loadable content? if studio liverpool are nice enough they may provide us with the 2007 grid/races sometime :)
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 SMUboi
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts
I think if the game engine is good enough, they can in fact go for an software upgrade option for us to purchase to the 2007 season... I like the rear view mirror option... does this mean I have to buy another PSP for the other rear wing mirror??
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 icytower

aloushi: tell me about it :(. I will say that it has gotten easier as the years have gone by though.

I just hope that they don't cancel the game if it does not sell well just like EA, god I hate them at times, did after the 1999-2002 Carrer Challenge game. At least if they do the PS3 is region free so I can import if I have to.

BlaZe_irl: Even though that is true, I don't think we will be seeing an '07 track & car download pack unless they decide not to make another game for release here in America.

If they do have a download pack I wouldn't pay for it. I'd rather wait and get the next years game or import one if they don't make another for release in America. Only way I'd download a pack is if it was free or very very cheap.

SMUboi: I'm thinking the rear view mirror might just be a behind the car look, as if you had a camera placed facing backwards off of the rear wing.

I'll be completely honest, this is the biggest, but not only, reason I've kept my PSP arround :).

Sorry, GS decided it did not want me to put multiple quotes in one post for some reason. These posting problems are really starting to tick me off :(.

aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aloushi87
Yeah with the PS3 being region free for games importing games won't be a problem. :)
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SMUboi

aloushi: tell me about it :(. I will say that it has gotten easier as the years have gone by though.

I just hope that they don't cancel the game if it does not sell well just like EA, god I hate them at times, did after the 1999-2002 Carrer Challenge game. At least if they do the PS3 is region free so I can import if I have to.

BlaZe_irl: Even though that is true, I don't think we will be seeing an '07 track & car download pack unless they decide not to make another game for release here in America.

If they do have a download pack I wouldn't pay for it. I'd rather wait and get the next years game or import one if they don't make another for release in America. Only way I'd download a pack is if it was free or very very cheap.

SMUboi: I'm thinking the rear view mirror might just be a behind the car look, as if you had a camera placed facing backwards off of the rear wing.

I'll be completely honest, this is the biggest, but not only, reason I've kept my PSP arround :).

Sorry, GS decided it did not want me to put multiple quotes in one post for some reason. These posting problems are really starting to tick me off :(.

icytower38
LOL at the multiple quotes.. I know what you mean... but I hope you will join us for a good game on the week of release weekend... some other guys on GS are considering starting a championship league... what is your PSN? Mine is ChemiKaze
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SMUboi
Yeah with the PS3 being region free for games importing games won't be a problem. :)
aloushi87
The truth is I imported the F1 06 from UK but because the game is in PAL, my NTSC TV didn't give the full picture... I did buy my F1 06 PSP from the UK too... and since it is region free, I could play it on my US PSP! Yeah!
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 icytower

SMUboi:

I'll be setting it all up Monday morning in preperation for getting the game on Tuesday, I'll definately be playing online once it's all set up.

I CAN'T MAKE A POST CORRECTLY :(.

I actually don't have one yet, haven't even opened the system. Call me stupid but this is the first game that has interested me that I can't get cheaper on the PS2 & the fact that I don't have a HD tv. My PSN will probably miror my GS username as I always use that just to keep things uniform with logins and stuff.
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SMUboi
i don'y have a 720p or 1080p hdtv... so it doesn't matter b/c mt tv is just 32' so i won't see much difference...
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fatal1rc

Game is out in America tomorrow :) who's getting it ?

Rumor: PSP connectivity and maybe safety car will be added using some game updates.

mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts

Here's the Review by gamespot.

BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BlaZe_irl

Here's the Review by gamespot.

mjk1
7.2?!?!? u serious?!? woah....maybe it would of gotten higher with the 07 roster?
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fatal1rc

Bad review:

He want some things to be different but they can't because its the official game.

And 7 for sound? engine sounds great.

Here are some more reviews:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928392.asp

Khoo1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#26 Khoo1992
Member since 2005 • 2472 Posts

Bad review:

He want some things to be different but they can't because its the official game.

And 7 for sound? engine sounds great.

fatal1rc

The graphics should be 9

mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mechberg
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts
Any chance of getting a full-length race league together once all the folks in Europe get their PS3s? I'm playing the hell out of this game right now and would love to race with you guys in a semi-formal setting.
kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kipi19
Well, unless you buy me one, i'm not getting as far as i know so far, unless i can get one for my birthday in june.
mjk1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mjk1
Member since 2003 • 10309 Posts
i'am with kipi, i would love to get a ps3 but i am not going to pay 425GBP for it.
BlaZe_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BlaZe_irl
Any chance of getting a full-length race league together once all the folks in Europe get their PS3s? I'm playing the hell out of this game right now and would love to race with you guys in a semi-formal setting.BrianEk
are you using the sixaxis? there was a video displaying that and it looked pretty cool. Kinda of reminds me how I used to move the joypad about when playing GT on the PS1 when i was younger, time to break into that habbit again :P BTW one of the officers suggested a CE championship league, or something around that area. Can't remember who though
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mechberg
The Sixaxis works, and surprisingly well, but it's not my preferred method of driving. I'll take the standard dual-stick method any day...
kipi19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kipi19
Sounds cool, but unless i have £425 anytime soon, it ain't gonna happen :cry:
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SMUboi
Any chance of getting a full-length race league together once all the folks in Europe get their PS3s? I'm playing the hell out of this game right now and would love to race with you guys in a semi-formal setting.BrianEk
Brian: long time no see... I feel like setting up a GS league with 5 or 6 players and we switch cars every 10 laps.. the most points at the end of the 6 races wins the overall track.. Example, In Bahrain, we do 6 of 10 laps, each of us will switch cars according to the cars selected by our users, that means we all will be driving different cars.. we race, no pit, and at the end we add the points up and then the guy with the most points at the end wins the Bahrain track with 10 pts, etc.. It is a small league but it should really see who can drive the best of all the cars.
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 icytower

I got the game Wednesday and have been playing the heck out of it the past few days. I can't get on line right now, router problem that should be fixed tomorrow, but when I do I'd love to be part of some kind of F1PU unofficial league or something similar to that.

I don't agree with the 7.2, or any of the review scores. I don't want to be offencive to Aaron, but I think Brian should of reviewed the game. I personally give this game the highest rating I have ever given a PURE racer in my entire life.

Anyone venture to guess my first driver/car/track choice?

Thoughts:

• Sad to not see the PSP rear view mirror option around, unless I've just missed it.
  • I love having old cars for time trial mode.
  • Studio Liverpool put EA to shame with this game as it is hands down is better then anything they ever put out with the F1 name on it.
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SMUboi
Hey Jason, I hope you get your router fixed soon. To comment on the review is that a general gamer will not be so impressed with this game. I'm sure that if you go to a racer's website where they test drive real race cars and sim race games, they will give a much biased opinion that which race fans will appreciate.
aloushi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aloushi87
I was a bit shocked by the low GS socre, nevertheless the game got good overall scores; apart from
GS IGN and 1UP, it got good scores. Anyway, scores don't matter much, it's the player who will finally judge the game. :)

The graphics are great, 8 seems really low, it should be 9 IMO. Plus the engine roars are amazing; even the reviewer(Aaron) said so but I guess he gave it 7 because of the lame commentray; yet I don't think that that justifies it. Overall, I think the score was unfair.

However, one complaint in the rveiew caught my attention:
"Each of the game's 18 courses is accurately re-created, but after a while, many of them start to look the same."
-->well that's how F1 circuits look, I don't think that you can complain about it. :?

Regarding the F1PU CE Season, that would be a great idea. One of the officers who own the game can start it up, either icytower or SMUboi, is any of you willing to do it?
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 icytower

Oh I know scores are just scroes, and that hardcore racers would score it lower. But as aloushi said, it's rather a bad score. I've gven it a high one, and so have most every other player apparently with the user score at 8.5 last time I checked, and that's what matter the most.

One comment about the game as it's been happening to me a lot lately. Spinning a car out and hitting nothing, or loosing a rear wing, should not end your race! I might be in a Midland but come on even that thing isn't that bad.

As far as some kind of league goes: I'd say wait until summer time because of our BATracer league and all that we do have going on during the school months already. Plus it gives more member the chance to get the game and practice with it a bit.

SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SMUboi
icytower: when you say hardcore racers... well there are two types... the crash and burn types that play titles like Midnight Club and us..the ones that prefer orginal licence races.. it is silly to read a review where they complain about how the car is too sensitive that it breaks easily or that it is unrealistic when there isn't a dent in your virtual cars.. licence racing games aren't for crashing and trashing it around .. they are for driving smoothly.
mechberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mechberg
SMU, your league sounds gloriously convoluted, almost like the real F1 rules system ;). I don't really care what format we do it, I'd just like to hit the track with you guys... Is there a time we can all agree on? Weekends are obviously best for me.
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SMUboi
SMU, your league sounds gloriously convoluted, almost like the real F1 rules system ;). I don't really care what format we do it, I'd just like to hit the track with you guys... Is there a time we can all agree on? Weekends are obviously best for me.BrianEk
hey, I am just figuring out a way that ppl won't complain about their lousy cars as opposed to their lousy skills... ahahaha.. there is a match that will start with fellow GS mate SolidSnake84.. he plays solid and fair and has been running up miles of laps.. I might join in... it will be this Satudrday 3/3 at 4est
icytower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 icytower

SMU: I was just agreeing with what you said, I should really think more before I post. :).

Online update: Apparently I need to check if certain ports that the PS3 uses are open on my router. Well Linksys has been giving me the run around, multiple transfers to wrong people & call backs that never happen, and I obviously can't get an answer. So unless someone can tell me how to check ports on my router then it don't look like I'll be getting online anytime soon :(.

Just got a call and to see if it is even the ports that are causing a problem it will cost m $25 dollars :(.

fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fatal1rc

A video showing the life like drivers and some tracks:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=45805

Race and Replays:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=45821

Sixaxis drive:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=45768

Some people have been complaining about the lack of FFB now Sony has made it legal to have FFB on the ps3 again.

This wasn't possible before because Sony had to pay alot of money to legalise it, I fear however that we have to buy something or a new controller to get it because the Sixaxis can't.

Several articles are saying this but I'm not sure if this is confirmed or a rumor.

Richy59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Richy59
Member since 2003 • 128 Posts
since the game is out in america now, is the safety car implemented or not and can you use the psp as a mirror?
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fatal1rc

No safety car and PSP mirror is rumored to be added later.

They are also looking to add it to the european version right out of the box.

Richy59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Richy59
Member since 2003 • 128 Posts
psp mirror or safety car or both?
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fatal1rc

don't know, rumor said psp mirrors but who knows what they'll put in that update.

I hope for the safety car but my guess is psp mirrors only because they'll need to sell F1 07 too.

SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SMUboi
hmmm.. i connect my ps3 wirelessly and it seems fine.. when you say ports.. i gather you mean wired connections? maybe you can try a new router and see if that fixes your problem... sorry not much of a tech whiz

SMU: I was just agreeing with what you said, I should really think more before I post. :).

Online update: Apparently I need to check if certain ports that the PS3 uses are open on my router. Well Linksys has been giving me the run around, multiple transfers to wrong people & call backs that never happen, and I obviously can't get an answer. So unless someone can tell me how to check ports on my router then it don't look like I'll be getting online anytime soon :(.

Just got a call and to see if it is even the ports that are causing a problem it will cost m $25 dollars :(.

icytower38
hmmm.. i connect my ps3 wirelessly and it seems fine.. when you say ports.. i gather you mean wired connections? maybe you can try a new router and see if that fixes your problem... sorry not much of a tech whiz
SMUboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SMUboi

don't know, rumor said psp mirrors but who knows what they'll put in that update.

I hope for the safety car but my guess is psp mirrors only because they'll need to sell F1 07 too.

fatal1rc

I think most ppl are expecting too much from the 1st edition of this F1 out for PS3... PSP's first F1 game was sucky but the 2nd one was very good... I think the devs got the game engine pretty good.. you should have played F1 2005.. it was too easy even on hard... you could pit 4 times and still win the race... This is the first year that they made the game engine where the game is a challenge for all levels, furthermore, the AI actually race cleaner this time.. they'll only get better from here with the online and other aspects of the game.
formula1racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 formula1racer
Member since 2007 • 6075 Posts
[QUOTE="Greg_888_v8"]i really want to see a safety car in an F1 game... now with the power of the PS3 hopefully we can see the division below F1......(they travel with the F1)...is it F3000 ?? anyway F1 games really need to be perfected for the future.....at the moment it could just turn into " Same old $h!t "

yup,that new mercedes with the new V8 !!!,cant to get a PS3!!!
fatal1rc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fatal1rc
[QUOTE="fatal1rc"]

SMUboi

I think most ppl are expecting too much from the 1st edition of this F1 out for PS3... PSP's first F1 game was sucky but the 2nd one was very good... I think the devs got the game engine pretty good.. you should have played F1 2005.. it was too easy even on hard... you could pit 4 times and still win the race... This is the first year that they made the game engine where the game is a challenge for all levels, furthermore, the AI actually race cleaner this time.. they'll only get better from here with the online and other aspects of the game.

We do expect much but that's because they promised alot at the E3.

Safety car and psp mirrors where promised and we never heard of it till the day of release, did you know they dropped the safety car?

But the first f1 game on the ps2 was crap and 05 was too easy, so we're getting there and they can do alot with the ps3. The only possible problem are the rights, what if Microsoft buys them. :|

Game looks awesome though for a first gen game and better than any race games microsoft has to offer.