RICHM0802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RICHM0802
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts

When you join a Covenant and receive a ring, do you have to Equip and wear it in order to be a member of the Covenant and get it's bonuses, etc? So if you're in "Way of the Blue", do you need to wear the ring in order to have a Sentinel automatically Summoned? Or are they Summoned anyway regardless of if your "Way of Blue" Ring is equipped or not?

I'm asking because there are so many better Rings I want to wear and I don't know all the rules of Covenants. Thanks in advance.

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

Yes, it is quite stupid. You, for most of them, have to be human as well. Ex: way of blue uses Summoning physics, thus in order to summon, you have to be human. Vis versa works with sentinels as well. Any summoning you need to be human, and summoned (sunbro, dragon eye, etc) you do not, but the rings have to be worn for the most part (only a few do not: sunbro, dragon, blood, abyss).

RICHM0802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RICHM0802
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts

@zdragonlord: Okay, much appreciated. Summoning & Online play still confuses the hell out of me. I'm trying to learn & read about it all on-online. But now I know that you do, pretty much, have to wear the rings. I'll accept it & leave it at that. Cheers.

Lyrebon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Lyrebon
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

Some things do need patching, like the Way of Blue requirement that they be human to summon a Sentinel. It's ridiculous that you can get invaded while Hollow but not receive back-up unless you use one of a semi-rare item.

I find that you can summon Dragon members if you're Hollow however, which is strange that they should place a restriction on the Way of Blue and not on the Dragons.

ZDragonLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5 ZDragonLord
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

@Lyrebon said:

Some things do need patching, like the Way of Blue requirement that they be human to summon a Sentinel. It's ridiculous that you can get invaded while Hollow but not receive back-up unless you use one of a semi-rare item.

I find that you can summon Dragon members if you're Hollow however, which is strange that they should place a restriction on the Way of Blue and not on the Dragons.

The restriction not being on the drags is because it is classified as a PVP and invasion covenant. Agreed with WoB, it is really stupid and with that fact, most of the time when you are invaded is when you are hollow at 50-80% max HP, thus defeating the purpose of the assist coveys altogether.

FromSoft person 1, "Hey, let's make enemies despawnable, effigies limited, have summoning be the only reason to go human, have hollows get invaded, and make covenants where you must be human and waste a ring slot for them to work, forcing players to religiously waste their valuable effigies and ring slots!"

FromSoft person 2, "Yeah, and let's put the requirements to get tier 3 on two sole invading covenants virtually impossible to get at 500 each!"

*dual high-5s, and gets to work on it*

the community, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Idk, just my opinion…hopefully it can be fixed, or at least attempted to be fixed… I understand trying to make a hard game, but there is a serious difference between hard and unfair.

Lyrebon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Lyrebon
Member since 2006 • 979 Posts

No, I agree with you. It's bad directive and needs addressing. Either by making it possible to summon a Sentinel even while Hollow, or just abolishing the whole Hollow invasions and go back to the mechanics of the first game.

Cyrona3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cyrona3
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

Just a note, you don't have to be human to be summoned, I can use my Soapstone when hollow (unrelated to Covenants but still)