Star Wars Battlefront 2's Graphics Aren't Impressive. Crysis 3 VS. Star Wars Battlefront 2 Graphics Comparison.

Wiki104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Wiki104
Member since 2018 • 30 Posts

So, I recently picked up Star Wars Battlefront 2 because many people said that it's gameplay was better than Battlefront 1 and it has more content than Battlefront 1 with better Graphics. The game was actually better than Battlefront 1 in pretty much every field but again lootboxes ruined the game. Thanks EA!!! Many people on Gamepot( I saw this post:-https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/star-wars-battlefront-2-current-graphics-king-33419321/ this guy said that this game has the best Texture Quality. LOL. I am about to prove everyone wrong.), IGN said that SWBF 2 is the Graphics King for now sits at the top. Even, the poll at IGN's website, people chose SWBF 2 as the second best looking game of 2017. No. 1 was Horizon Zero Dawn which is a PS4 Exclusive. Yep. The graphics were really great. I took some great screenshots at 1080P, Ultra and compared it to Crysis 3 which is the one of the best looking games till now in my opinion. As soon as I zoomed in the Star Wars BF 2 screenshots I was like meh. It doesn't looks good. Here, I am comparing it to Crysis 3 (Crysis series is known to bring modern-end hardwares to it's knees and they are developed for future-end hardware.) which was released 5+ years ago as a last gen. game in different Graphics fields. Crysis 3 looks better than SWBF 2. And SWBF 2 is also running the Reshade mod which basically enhances the colors.

*VEGETAION*:-

Both games have a lot amount of Vegetation in them but which game's Vegetation looks better? Let's see:-

SWBF 2(See inside the red circle.)

I have taken leaves in Vegetation(Because, in both games, leaves are in the highest quantity.). See, there's literally no real-life detailing on it!!! No veins, no water, no transpiration, no dark colors, etc. It's just bland with green color and a leaf shape while, on the other hand:-

Crysis 3

Now, that's what I call real-life detailing!!! Veins, dark colors, water, transpiration, bullet holes, etc. It looks like real life!!! This is because Crysis 3 uses a technique knows as "Testellated Vegetaion" which makes all Vegetation like real life which SWBF 2 can't use because it's engine (Frostbyte 4) doesn't have that feature.

*FOILAGE*:-

Foilage means the rocks, mud, hills, etc. in a game.

SWBF 2(See inside the red circle

That looks horrific. Looks like the foilage textures are from a 2010 game. And, the second red circle shows some unrendered bull shit.

Crysis 3

The foliage and ground textures almost look life like, right?

*DETAILS*:-

SWBF 2

There's literally no details around this tree. This is how detailing should be done:-

Crysis 3

The small small highly detailed Vegetation around the trees look awesome right?

*CHARCTER MODELS/FACES*

Crysis 3

Physco is one of the most realistic characters I've ever seen in a game. You can literally see his injuries, sweat, sebaceous glands, etc.

SWBF 2

I don't think this needs any explanation. Crysis 3 looks waaaaay better.

*TEXTURES*

As we saw, Crysis 3 has dominated in all the above fields because of it's textures and detailing. Crysis 3 takes this one too.

*LIGHTING*

SWBF 2

Crysis 3

The only field in which SWBF 2 actually excels because Crysis 3's some stages are just too dark for example the last one. Although Crysis 3 does use Dynamic AKA Real-Life lighting from CryEngine 3. The problem is fixed by increasing the brightness and it doesn't takes away the quality. SWBF 2 does looks better as a whole thing but in everything else as we saw, Crysis 3 wins and in Lighting too, it doesn't looks that bad when compared to SWBF 2.

ALL HAIL CRYTEK!!!!!

Thank You.

Avatar image for bealsonwheels69
BealsOnWheels69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BealsOnWheels69
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

Lol

zackharr16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zackharr16
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

I definitely agree things could look a lot better than what it is..