Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 Hizang
Member since 2009 • 2808 Posts

Ok so I was thinking...That useally never turns out well but I'll have a bash.

I decided to pick up Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing for the PS3 today, I am not a Sega fan really, but since the PS3 dosn't really have any Kart Racers I thought my PS3 deserved some. And yes it is a good game, the graphics are awsome and the selection of characters and music and tracks are a sega fanboys wet dream.

If I had a 360 I'm sure I would have got that version as it has Banjo & Kazooie on it and I love them, you also get to play as your 360 avatar...thing, and The Wii version lets you play as your Mii's and comes with a Sonic racing wheel attachment. So for all you people who own all 3 consoles, what game would you buy, or would you buy them all. It's down to the fact that they have slight diffrences.

This isn't just this game I can think of some more examples, Soul Caliber 3(?) for instance had Link on the GC version and other characters for the xbox and PS2 (Not sure who). Pokemon RPG's like Blue and Red, same game slight diffrences.

So what would you do, buy all versions, buy the one with the most things on it or buy some, thoughts?

Republican11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Republican11
Member since 2008 • 1029 Posts
SC2 had link on GC, Spawn on Xbox, and some guy from Tekken on PS2. I own all three consoles, and I buy multiplats on my 360 most of the time. I would never buy a multi for the Wii, its my GC/dust collector.
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts

SC2 had link on GC, Spawn on Xbox, and some guy from Tekken on PS2. I own all three consoles, and I buy multiplats on my 360 most of the time. I would never buy a multi for the Wii, its my GC/dust collector.Republican11

Heihachi Mishima.  I thought the hair at least would make him memorable.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

i would buy it for 360 because i have mario kart on wii
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hizang

So you'd get it on 360 based on the fact that the 360 dosnt have as many kart racers.

Avatar image for waflerevolution
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#6 waflerevolution
Member since 2004 • 10598 Posts
Kart racing is a dying breed... like Turn-based stats and RPGs... and... everything other than sports, animal/life sims and FPS games...
mijahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 mijahi
Member since 2009 • 895 Posts

Kart racing is a dying breed... like Turn-based stats and RPGswaflerevolution

Please don't say that...I hate being reminded that my favorite genre style is on the verge of extinction. :(

totalgridlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#8 totalgridlock
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

[QUOTE="waflerevolution"]Kart racing is a dying breed... like Turn-based stats and RPGsmijahi

Please don't say that...I hate being reminded that my favorite genre style is on the verge of extinction. :(

*weeps*

As for the question at hand, since I don't own a PS3 any multi-plat choice for me is between 360 and Wii.  It's a bit of a no-brainer really, since a lot of big games don't get a Wii version anyway!  So 360 gets my vote most of the time.  I like the Wii, I just think it is more suited to quirky exclusives than the latest killer multi-plat titles.

I also take PC versions into account when making my choice.  For some genres (mainly FPS games, mouse + keyboard = win) it is nearly always my first choice, although in the past few years I've found myself questioning that choice.  There was a time when the PC release of a game killed every other version.  Now, more and more, I am seeing stripped down and shoddy ports.  I am seeing PC versions cancelled left, right and centre.  I am seeing more and more invasive DRM and copy protection schemes that piss all over the paying gamer.  PC gaming is a dying market, and it makes me sad.  Blame piracy if you must, but I blame the disgusting attitude of some of the biggest publishers.  I play PC games, therefore I must be a pirate?  Balls.  I'd rather play a console version than be called a criminal by the very people I am buying a product from... and those publishers wonder why PC gaming is near dead?

Sorry. Rant over :p

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hizang

Kart racing is a dying breed... like Turn-based stats and RPGs... and... everything other than sports, animal/life sims and FPS games...waflerevolution

I dont think the Kart Racer is dead, The Kart Racer never really took off, the only reason there are no Kart Racers is because of Mario Kart and that publishers pretty much know there kart racer would never sell as many as Mario Kart. Sega took a bold move and will hopefully get some other kart racers out there, prehaps a Ratchet and Clank Kart Racer, Capcom Carts..etc

waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 waflerevolution

RPGs in general seem to get bad reviews auto-matically this gen. and TBS games (my fave as well) get an even worse treatment...

guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts

I'd normally buy a multiplatform release on the 360 because of the achievements. In this case the decision would be even easier because of Banjo & Kazooie, because the other releases don't have any additional characters at all.

I've begun to think about the PS3 as the console of choice to buy multiplatform releases on lately, though, but I haven't really seen that through yet. GTA IV and Streetfighter IV for example.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hizang
Now that I have all three consoles I have decided to get all my multiplats for my PS3 and only exlsuives for 360 and Wii. Or if for example theres a game that is only only 360 or Wii (Eg Bully Scholarship Edition) I'll get it for 360 :)
waflerevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 waflerevolution

Now that I have all three consoles I have decided to get all my multiplats for my PS3 and only exlsuives for 360 and Wii. Or if for example theres a game that is only only 360 or Wii (Eg Bully Scholarship Edition) I'll get it for 360 :)Hizang

not a bad plan... I started doing that last gen but failed... and ended up buying cheapest... and then all multi-plats (if same or similar price) on xbox... then just all 3 versions lol

duncanr2n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 duncanr2n
Member since 2003 • 2449 Posts
As a general rule, my go to platform for multiplats is the PS3.   There are exceptions to that, such as shooters, which I feel the 360 controller is better with or with games that just don't perform well on the PS3 (such as Bayonetta).
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

90% of the time ill get multiplats for the 360 and exclusives only for wii and ps3.